main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Star Wars: Commander (new Rebellion Era iOS strategy game)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Rogue_Follower, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Hamawald

Hamawald Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 14, 2014
    I managed to get three stars on the first challenge mission:) I haven't reached any other yet though.

2. A8T

A8T Jedi Master star 2

Jun 9, 2014
    Seriously? I managed to get all the challenge missions (I have to admit, a lot of trail and error), but can't do the repeatable missions at the end mostly as I have no idea how to deal with the hordes of stormtroopers and am too low on funds to keep doing airstrikes.

3. DIrishB

DIrishB Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 29, 2014

Pics or it didn't happen. ;)

But seriously, if you guys can offer some tips on how you beat it I'd appreciate it. I've tried a dozen times at least, a different approach each time, nothing works. Can't get more than 2 stars (mainly because there just isn't enough time to get to all the buildings both due to the horrible AI of the units (they'll destroy a building, then turn left or right and destroy another, and keep going, while leaving a building or two intact that they then don't have time to get back to and destroy before time runs out).

And I have a Lvl 8 headquarters and Lvl 8 barracks unlocked, so I'm pretty well along (everything else is all Lvl 6-7 including all turrets and gold/alloy buildings). That doesn't matter in the challenge missions, just saying...

EDIT: ok so went back and managed to beat the first two challenge missions, but can't beat the third.

I'm at 7800 points and change so I'll definitely be able to unlock Johar... just wondering if I shouldn't spend the points on the other upgrades instead (since Johar will be available to unlock for credits later on, probably when they release Lvl 9 upgrades). But then again, I literally don't use the other units anyway, ever, so probably will use it on Johar.

4. A8T

A8T Jedi Master star 2

Jun 9, 2014

The last trial I am not sure how I did, maybe it was luck. The 2nd I can't remember. The first one took me a while, but what I did was split the Hat guys into 3-4 Groups and then spawn them beside the turrets, then put my hero in to get rid of the enemies who spawn. Once the turrets are gone I put the speeder bikes in at the areas the hat dudes are too far away from.

So how did you complete the repeatables so easily?

5. DIrishB

DIrishB Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 29, 2014
    Yup, that's what I did. I'd done it quite a few times that way (since there's not enough time otherwise) but my troops kept getting mowed down by the enemy troops (and turrets a little bit), because the AI is horrible and Johar would shoot walls unnecessarily (literally entire sections of walls for no reason) instead of shooting the enemy troops or turrets (even though they were well within his range). I finally got lucky and he actually killed the enemy troops, allowing me to get 3 stars.

The second challenge mission was actually easier for me than the first, probably due to having more units to use. Can't beat the last one. Have come close, got 93%, but just can't get the last few buildings before time runs out (and I split up the units I had into four different groups to attack from each base corner in to the middle... but the AI is horrible, as I said, so they leave a building or two remaining and keep going, requiring them to backtrack and take them out once everything else is destroyed, and there simply isn't enough time).

Still, got my 8,000 and unlocked Johar.

6. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    I got to mission #22 or #23 (I don't remember). I was able to get about 5088 points, so I upgraded my A-Wing (which I use all of the time) and got 25000 credits with the rest.

Now continues the long process of upgrading my credit markets, Steel mills, defenses (turrets, etc.), and troops.

BTW, I tried out a glitch that I read about on the game forums. After my base was attacked, I was able to go, quickly, into the store and purchase an additional X-Wing Trap (for a total of 5, where the limit is currently only 4). By the time I was again attacked, apparently they (the devs) sort of fixed the glitch. That time, on once more after that, I attempted to buy an additional Y-Wing Trap and right after I tapped the green check mark to place it, the game locked up and crashed. When I got back into the game...no extra Y-Wing Trap.

7. operative_lm

operative_lm Jedi Master

Jun 11, 2005
    New campaign started today. Features an Aqualish crime lord named Nhego Roolan who has bribed Tusken Raiders to steal generic "contraband" from Jabba. Jabba's head of security, a lady named Kada Jahr, is not amused.

8. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    New update just released, unlocking the ability to move your base beyond Tatooine to other planets, including Hoth. Someone reset the "Days Since a Star Wars Game Featured Hoth" sign.

9. Grand Admiral Paxis

Grand Admiral Paxis Jedi Master star 3

Sep 2, 2012
    Does the update recanonise any new units or does it just tweak the gameplay by letting you move your base? In the interest of honesty, I don't play the game but I love it for bringing back obscure ground vehicles. :p

10. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    I don't know, but I did just startthe week-long process of upgrading my Base to Level 7, and my new base star command outpost should be done in a couple of days... it really wants me to pay for new droids. But I'm not going to do it. I just finally subscribed to TOR for the first time, for goodness sake (Epic Story XP Boost FTW!).

ETA:

11. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Relevant to this thread's interests: there's an official "Star Wars Games" twitter account now.

Taalcon likes this.
  12. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    When are they updating their site?

13. Hamawald

Hamawald Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 14, 2014
    There are now a bunch of offical Databank entries for Commander characters and locations! And there also appears to be a confirmation that Saponza and his partner chose to join the rebels, but not a direct one:

From the Kekit entry (emphasis mine):
    The rest of the entries can be found as related to the Saponza entry.

14. vstarvan

vstarvan Jedi Master star 2

Aug 11, 2013
    I haven't played lately, so I don't know if this was mentioned in-game, but Jennica Pierce gets a bit of an origin story:
    "Before the Battle of Yavin, Jennica was a moisture farmer on Tatooine but the Empire's search for two droids destroyed both her family and her farm."

Starkeiller, Taalcon and Hamawald like this.
  15. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    Cool that it shows more parts of Tatooine being hit during the search in ANH.

16. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    Why no Android!

You Apple scum!

17. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    So...uh...I found it on Android. Maybe change the thread title? It specified IOS.