main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Star Wars: Commander (new Rebellion Era iOS strategy game)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Rogue_Follower, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    So like that South Park World of Warcraft episode where they reached level 80 and got the magic super-sword by killing nothing but level 1 forest critters for days and days and days and days?

2. Hamawald

Hamawald Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 14, 2014
    No, you can do everything, it just takes some time waiting for resources to generate and buildings to upgrade. There are no actual limitations, only time. And it doesn't take as nearly long as in your example.

3. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004
    So what's the story? A Tatooinian moisture farmer buys weapons to defend himself against Jabba, and then for some reason is courted by the top brass of both the Empire and the Rebellion? Is it that pointless?

4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Pretty much.

That other Star Wars game, assault team or whatever, seems to have an actual story campaign. It's much better.

5. Starkeiller

Dec 5, 2004
    Yeah, I did download Assault Team, and managed to get through a couple of levels. It's pretty boring but, yes, does have an actual story. Although, at least as far as I'm concerned, the story needs to be pretty strong for me to put up with waiting turns to fight the enemy characters.

spicer likes this.
  6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Tap. Tap. Tap. Yeah, there's nothing much there. That's why I stopped playing after the first few levels. Shame, bc I want to see how they portray the Imperial Palace.

7. Starkeiller

Dec 5, 2004
    Is there a level inside the Imperial Palace? Because that would be reason enough to give the damned thing another go.

8. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Yes. You can go to the missions thingie and see all the planets you can go to -- there's one on Imperial Coruscant that specifically has a set of missions inside the Palace. It's near the end of the damn game though.

9. Starkeiller

Dec 5, 2004
    Gagh. I don't think I can waste that much time on that bloody game. Shame indeed.

10. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    We need to hire some small child to play the game for us. We won't even have to pay the kid, they play games like candy.

Anybody have young relatives willing to play games for the sake of the EU?

11. StrikerKOJ

StrikerKOJ Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2014
    The problem with that idea is the kid will probably get just as impatient as us and go nuts buying crystals to speed things up...

12. DelRiego

DelRiego Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    I'm still playing it, don't intend to stop. It's your average freemium game so if you're not familiar with how are those, you're probably not gonna like it.

I'm the Empire. So far as rhe story goes, me and my friend Saponza are "operatives" under some official named Kosh.

In the first chapter we faced Tuskens doind some unusually unorganized raids under a character called The Jundland General. We wiped them out but never found out who he was.

In the next storyline we were helping Jabba (through Bib Fortuna) get rid of some mercenaries which were helping rebels. Jabba tried to double cross the empire so we put him in line too.

The next mission has us attacking some Jawas and Saponza is starting to have doubts about the side we chose.

In the meantime, a time-limited mission appeared, we're attacking some rather weak rebel bases in a new forest planet called Dandoran.

So far as troops I have stormtroopers (standard), scout troopers (focused on looting), dark troopers (focused on shooting up defences). As for vehicles I have AT-ST, speeder bikes and a tank.

You can have heroes if playing against another person, rebels who attacked me usually have han solo, but I have some kind of super AT-ST as hero.

I can post some screenshots tomorrow of what you tell meyou want to look at

13. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003

Attacking Jawas always gives one cause to reassess their life decisions.

14. DelRiego

DelRiego Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Here are some screenshots of stuff which is not in the movies already:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Very true. In the films, Imperial landing platforms were never full.

16. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    Hm, so the MK.II clone trooper armor is still in limited use.
    I'm liking the Empire's appropriation of Umbaran tech.

Thanks for the screenshots! Could you get Rebel units at some point? :)

17. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Probably not, I don't think you can do that without starting over as a Rebel. Otherwise I'd be happy to oblige myself.

If there are any Rebel sympathizes here with iOS they may be able to help.

18. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    WEG's Aurabesh symbol for the credit is still canon. That's all that matters.

And I'm playing Rebel, just to go against the grain. I'll post some pictures as soon as I get anything relevant.

19. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Depends on which grain you're talking about

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  20. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    I wish this game was for Android; it looks fun :(.

21. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
  22. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Okay, got the rest of the Rebel units. Some highlights:

[​IMG]

This is Jennica Pierce, the Alliance's liaison with the mercs.

[​IMG]

The Rebel troops transport. Looks familiar, but I can't quite place it.

[​IMG]

Good old friend T2-B.

[​IMG]

Rebel Juggernauts are all the rage.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some repurposed CIS hardware.

[​IMG]

AT-APs are back.

[​IMG]

So is the old style Z-95 Headhunter. I feared the Clone Wars version was going to become the only canonical Z-95!

Here's the full album

23. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    T2-B! CIS hardware!! OLD SCHOOL HEADHUNTERS!

wow, all the cool EU stuff was hiding with the stupid Rebels. :p

Yay canon confirmation that the Rebels use dirty seppie castoffs.

24. Jedi Princess

Jedi Princess Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2014
    Aww, but I loved the Clone Wars version. This one just looks like a bloated X-Wing that forgot it could "x" its wings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MercenaryAce likes this.
  25. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    That's a weird Juggernaut, too. It looks like a small version of GI Joe's Rolling Thunder.

Oh, I do too. I like it much, much better. But I still like that the old Z-95 is around to be the to-go mook starfighter.