main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Star Wars: Commander (new Rebellion Era iOS strategy game)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Rogue_Follower, Aug 21, 2014.

1. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I love the chubby old Z-95. The TCW version looks so aggressive.

I guess I just have fond memories of blowing those fragile things up in TIE.

The Juggernaut, meanwhile, looks like it's way scaled down from the film or WEG versions -- it's more like a Juggerlite really. But, I am glad it is called Juggernaut instead of the "Clone Turbotank" that would've been the only canonical name otherwise.

StrikerKOJ likes this.
  2. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
  3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Juggernotreally.

4. Grand Admiral Paxis

Grand Admiral Paxis Jedi Master star 3

Sep 2, 2012
    The Juggernaut seems to be based off the Rebel attack tank, which was basically a Rebel Juggernaut with rounded edges instead of a blocky shape like the Republic/Imperial models.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Rebel_attack_tank

It's a shame they didn't give it a designation like the Republic A6 or the Imperial B5, but still nice to see it again.

As for the Empire appropriating the Umbaran walker, that is all kinds of awesome! Plus I love the inclusion of an AT-ST Mark III. We know that vessels like these go through design upgrades and new models over the years, (for example, AT-ATs by the time of Dark Empire were upgraded with better power cells over earlier models), but they rarely seem to get a new designation listed to go with their new stats. I hope this trend continues. All in all, the mixture of EU references and cool new tidbits makes Commander pretty awesome for a game that seems so-so on the actual gameplay.

Valin__Kenobi and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  5. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    Awesome! Is the transport the one that brings in vehicles or just troops? Because I've seen the YT-2600 transport as well. Also, the Empire has a Theta-class barge with stabilizing thrusters as their vehicle transport. I wonder if there's something like this on the Rebel side, maybe the GR-75 from the movies?

6. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Some real-world stats on Commander.
    • Most of the southern hemisphere favors the Rebellion, whereas most of the northern hemisphere favors the Empire. Hmm...
    • The Empire has 52.41% support globally, and 52.73% support in the United States. Ostensibly, the Galactic Empire is more popular than Congress or the President.
    • Also, 10,019,183 banthas.

7. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    It's the infantry transport. I still don't have any vehicles! :p

8. Jedi Princess

Jedi Princess Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2014
    I love my battle banthas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. vstarvan

vstarvan Jedi Master star 2

Aug 11, 2013
    [​IMG]
    Terentateks make their first canon appearance via display trophy.

Revanfan1, Barriss_Coffee and mnjedi like this.
  10. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    ...does it slightly disturb anyone else that it looks like most of the countries who are pro-Empire are countries that used to have empires?

11. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004
    Wow. Yes. That's... scary.

Jedi Princess likes this.
  12. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Except the French. And the Spanish. And the Italians. And the Portuguese.

13. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Cool -- good eyes! And since Dooku mentioned one by name in TCW, we know that's saved too.

One more EU species down. Ten bazillion to go.

14. KINGKONG83

KINGKONG83 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 22, 2004
    some of you guys are taking it a little too far with this carte blanche canon thing.

If you really think stuff like this and things like it wont at any point be disputed by the A league stuff ,your wilfully deceiving yourself and /or delusional. :)

15. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014

Aaand the Rebel Alliance is mostly Africa, India, and South America.

16. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004
    Yes. Europe can still be saved.
    I don't see how the A-league stuff could possibly invalidate the existence of terentateks, or mookas, or akk dogs, or any other species....

I mean, what's the worst they could do? "There's no such thing as a duck"?

17. vstarvan

Aug 11, 2013
    You're looking at it all wrong. You're right; the movies won't go out of their way to not dispute the game. Instead, the game is going out of its way not to dispute the movies. I guarantee the game developers have to get everything screened by the story group before going into the game. Oh sure, you can throw in a terentatek, we mentioned them already in the Clone Wars. No, you can't include the Inquitor's custom TIE. Ask again after the show ends. You want to put a campaign on a planet near Tatooine? Make up a new one because we may want to do something with Geonosis some time down the line.

18. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Have you noticed that all the countries playing a Star Wars game have fought in wars at some point in their history? [face_worried]

19. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    DID YOU NOTICE THAT ALL OF THEM LOOK AT STARS EVERY NIGHT? :eek:

20. A8T

A8T Jedi Master star 2

Jun 9, 2014
    Guess what little gem I found....
    The MTV-7!

Actually I don't know if that's its name in the new canon, but whatever it is, appears once during a mission in the Rebel 'Wreckage of Secrets' campaign.

Now if I could have some screen capture software for apple products....

21. vstarvan

Aug 11, 2013
    I saw it too! Thanks for that, I recognized it as an old toy, but didn't know what it was called. If you want to screenshot on an iOS device, just hit the home and power button at the same time.:D
    [​IMG]

22. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I don't like this retread to the original stuff. I want new creative stuff not yesteryear. For that we should have kept everything how it was

23. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    !!!

24. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    I don't mind at all. Why invent new stuff to fill the same role as the old stuff when the old (sometimes obscure) stuff works perfectly well?

25. Darth_Garak

Darth_Garak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    I'll point out two things here:

1) Do we know if these appearances are cannon or not? After all, we all got exited about the stuff in the Imperial Handbook only to find out it wasn't cannon after all. Same thing could happen here.

2) Vehicles and creatures not going the way of the dodo shouldn't surprise anyone. Of course we'll get some new stuff but why invent a new jedi killing dark side beast when the terantek is already there? Also come on, would anyone be surprised if the Empire at some point has an alien Admiral or Grand Admiral that's a genius? I'll refer you to HK-47's comments regarding the HK-50 and how he put things in perspective.