main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Star Wars Commander Tech/Vehicles/Personnel Discussion

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TheAvengerButton, Sep 16, 2017.

1. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    So, I got a bunch of screen grabs from off this game on the Rebel side of things. I went into the Research Lab and made screenshots of every vehicle/droid/tech that was in there, which is pretty much all of the stuff in the game. There are some items missing because they aren't an actual part of the playable game: I need a screen grab of the builder droid who builds the buildings as well as the CSS-1s that are on the Rebel landing pads.

The reason I did this is because I wanted information about the Commander tech tree stuff in one place instead of having the follow link after link on the Wook--plus I wanted images of everything in the game along with their descriptors. If someone has a few seconds and can do this with the Imperial tech, I can add that to my imgur page and the whole thing can be all in one place for easy access for tech and ship junkies.

EDIT: I Guess I should link to the actual album, shouldn't I?

You can look at the Rebel equipment and soldiery here:
    https://imgur.com/a/yvtzk

I'm still organizing the album, and its really annoying to arrange the images on imgur. I don't know if I have the patience to do it all in one go, but I'll work on it here and there when I get the time.

2. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    This is some great work.
    I love the use of Seppie tech by the rebels in this game.

They've added a lot to this since I deleted it in favour of Force Arena. I liked Commander until things took time to happen.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah, I haven't played in ages but I second the comment about the Rebels using Seppie tech.

TheAvengerButton and Darth_Duck like this.
  4. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    The fact that they also use some old Republic stuff is interesting as well.

And is it just me, or is the rebel heavy trooper based on the SWG rebel armor?

I am surprised there are no u-wings

Cracian_Thumper and Darth_Duck like this.
  5. Cracian_Thumper

Cracian_Thumper Jedi Master star 2

Feb 7, 2015

It's not just you. That's definitely Rebel battle armor.

And the jetpack troopers remind me of this action figure:
    [​IMG]

6. TheAvengerButton

Aug 11, 2011
    I have gone ahead and finished rearranging the images so that the alternate costumes and alt tech are grouped together. It goes

Heroes
    Infantry
    Special Infantry
    Mercenaries
    Droids
    Starfighters/Ships
    Speeders
    Walkers
    Tanks/Combat droids

Aaaaaaand apparently I missed a few things I thought I had uploaded. I know for sure I'm missing the Z-95 and one or two other things. I'll have to reupload those when I get home, as well as get some screen grabs of some of the tertiary ships and droids in the game.

7. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    I'll also note that the game makes use of some Legends ship that are not named directly, but can be identified easily: the Theta-class barge, the E-9 Explorer, the CR-20 troop carrier, the CR25 troop carrier, and the YT-2400 light freighter.

Other "playable" vehicles straight from Legends include the INT-4 Interceptor and the All terrain Missile Platform. All new units include the hospital ships for both sides: the T-5 Deliverance for the Empire (a modified Lambda-class shuttle), and the E-5 Landseer for the Rebels (a heavily modified CSS-1 Corellian Star Shuttle).

8. TheAvengerButton

Aug 11, 2011
    ^This is why I need someone with an Imperial account to take screenshots of everything in the Research Lab.

I'm glad we still have pictures of the other ships there, too, because I don't think they use a lot of those models anymore (the YT-2400, the E-9 Explorer especially). Additionally, I beat the main campaign so long ago that I completely forgot that Saponza actually owned a ship. There's also the Twilight-esque ship that flies in to smuggle contraband. I'm doing some nabs from the Commander forum of pictures of the models that one of the members managed to extract from the game to make my Rebel list complete.

Out of all of those, I do have the E-5 Landseer.

Okay, I never understood until now that indeed, the troop transport ships change depending on how high a level you are. That is neat.

Tzizvvt78 likes this.
  9. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    I really wish Johhar Kessen appeared elsewhere in canon. A senator that just decides, "Heck with this, I'm gonna become a mercenary" is pretty awesome.

10. TheAvengerButton

Aug 11, 2011
    No kidding. I wonder if they'll finally make a comment about the events of Commander once the game has run its course.

I'm still waiting for someone to address Uprising's hanging threads. We at least got a little bit of that in Empire's End with Lando's sequence.

11. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    I found that quite underwhelming, to be honest. It made it look like Lando did it all alone. At least a passing mention of "the Smuggler from Burnin Konn" would have been appreciated.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  12. TheAvengerButton

Aug 11, 2011
    Or anything else from that game besides the brief mention of Adelhard.

I would really like to see elements of Commander pop up in other things. Seeing more instances in canon of Rebels using Separatist tech, for instance. I'd love to see a big battle like the one depicted on the loading screen where we see Walker on Walker, tank on tank amd so forth.

13. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    Maybe Battlefront II will mention the Uprising?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Regarding the Rebel jetpack troopers, it looks like they're inspired by the Kenner Security Scout body rig toy (or a previously existing EU derivative thereof). Simplified and reduced, but the basic "two big guns and a rudder" design is there.

Point Given and Tzizvvt78 like this.