main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Star Wars Commander

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by GrandAdmiralDave, Nov 12, 2014.

1. GrandAdmiralDave

GrandAdmiralDave Jedi Master star 1

Aug 6, 2001
    So who else is playing this massive time sink?

It's a Clash of Clans style tablet/mobile device game available on iOS and Android. You pick a faction (Rebellion or Empire) and then build a base, run a campaign and PVP other players.

I play at work when I run out of lives on Frozen Free Fall.

Is there a TF.N squad? If so, can I join? My rebellion squad is full of deadbeats who are all to happy to request troops, but never give them.

2. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Wanted to bump this, because I just recently started playing this game. I guess they must've fixed the bugs that everyone was complaining about because it's running just fine for me on my Android. Either way, its fun. I have a squad with some of my buddies and I'm actually starting to turn some bad luck around. The only thing is, is this game nuCanon?

3. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    I played it for a bit, but I couldn't get into it and quickly deleted it.

4. icqfreak

icqfreak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 1999
    It was fun for awhile, but now that I've done most of the missions and it's taking longer and longer to upgrade things, I've lost a lot of interest.

5. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    its also a massive money sink,and i am becoming a victim. but what happaned to the main thread for this game?

edit: just figured out my problem, this thread is on books, and tv lit, not in games. weird.

6. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Massive time sink? Uh-oh, maybe I'll stay away after all...

7. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Kinda need help. I want to upgrade my headquarters to level 2, but I need 10,000 alloy, and I can only hold 5000. Yet I can't build an alloy depot to increase my limit. When I go to build one it says "upgrade HQ to build more", but I can't upgrade my HQ without an alloy depot. And it won't let me auto level my HQ with gems... Any suggestions?

8. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    seems like a bug to me. if your allow par is under what it costs to make another headquarters, then you have to be able to upgrade the depot. If you cant, that has to be a bug. never had that problem, unless you need to place another depot? do you already have 2? if just one, you need to build another first.

StarWarsFreak93 likes this.
  9. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    Ahh never mind, I found my depot hidden between my credit cache and upgraded it! Was overlooking it, thinking I didn't have one.

JediMatteus likes this.
  10. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    i decided to uninstall Commander, it was just getting tedious for me, i think i made the mistake of sinking money into it and never had success in attacking other players. Now i hear the newest update is messing everything up. Thought about Starting over and doing the empire, but not if this is going on.

11. SithLordPat

SithLordPat Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2005
    Agreed. I quit early on when I realized it's that traditional pay 2 win. So far DI has only impressed me with Tiny Death Star. Idiots to have killed it.

12. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    Yeah I like tiny death star.

13. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    Boom beach is nice because you don't have to spend a dime

14. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    Just did a massive new update, with new planets, base relocation, and other stuff.

15. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    I relocated my base to Yavin IV. It's about time they did an update like this. Tatooine was becoming a bit stale environment-wise.

16. TheAvengerButton

Aug 11, 2011
    I'm still on Tatooine. I wanted to finish the missions before I moved on to another place. It just feels right to finish what I started on Tatooine.

StarWarsFreak93 likes this.
  17. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    Has anyone else been having a hard time getting this game to load without crashing? I miss entire events now because the game won't load for days at a time.

18. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    Yeah, after I moved I realized I didn't finish the story, so I moved my base back. Foolish me thought you could continue on another planet.

19. TheAvengerButton

Aug 11, 2011
    Speaking of the missions, I'm having way too much trouble getting three stars on the last two missions of The Battle of Tatooine. Anyone got any tips for a level 7 player?

20. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    I'm not that far yet, but a strategy that works for me (and tends to get me 3 stars in campaign) is using 12 troopers, 10 heavy troopers, and 6 droids for healing, and kind of split them in half and have them go haywire.

21. TyrannosaurTJ

TyrannosaurTJ Jedi Padawan star 1

May 7, 2016
    I've picked up on playing this on my Samsung Galaxy last year around this time and gave up later in the summer because I had some health issues I was recovering from. Doing a lot better now so I picked up my mobile games again and decided to resume as the Empire in Commander. So I'm working through finishing the story mode and doing all the upgrades possible. I only attack others very infrequently or if they attack me I build up and attack back actually. As for the story mode I'm on the last chapter now actually, the final Conflict for Tatooine. I've been recently upgrading my HQ and working on upgrading all my facilities to Level 6. I kind of want to join or create my own squad though, but I'm not sure if I want to do it or not. Has anyone done that? I don't want to just be another empty squad or anything like that. Not many of my Facebook friends play the game I noticed. The ones that do play as the Rebels mostly. Heh.

So there goes my way to recruit I guess. My name is "Tyrannosaur" on there. I also figured I'd show a picture of my base to show how it looks:

[​IMG]

LAJ edit - image URL updated at user's request.