main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Community Moderators

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Obi-pres, Mar 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    xie: I was joking. ;) :p

Ken Kenobi- And you have a nice day ;)

2. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    Honestly, all that needs to be done when you feel a mod is needed in a forum is to PM another mod about it. The mods are here to help the common users, and just asking them about something, whether it being a troublesome user, or a thread that you think is inapproriate is the best course of action.

And Ken, you've been a very active user over there, I know, I've seen. Patience is the best key to everything. Trust me. :)

3. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I'm sure there's no need for panic in Star Wars Community. This kind of thing has happened before. We have lots of moderators on the boards. PM one if you have a problem. ;)

4. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    I'm on nights if there's ever a problem. You can always try me. I'm usually on from 5pm to midnight.

As for campaigning for modship, I, too, do not recommend it. In fact, I always said I wasn't interested in modding. I wasn't trying to use reverse psychology, but I apparently did.

5. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    I handled SWC back when it was Misc for about 6 months by myself (occasionally a few other mods would pop in if I was offline) as well as 2 other forums.

SWC isn't a massively high traffic forum. Most of it's posts are to Line By Line or other game-style threads which rarely need more than a quick skim over for off-topic/inappropriate material.

If Obi Anne wants some help while Morgaine is offline, I'm sure lots of us will have no problem pitching in.

:)

6. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    I do nights, and always check my PMs. So if you have a problem, you're free to contact either myself or the other night mods (for example, dehrian). Sometimes I scan through forums, but only the ones I know can get unintentionally heated/off-track once in a while.

Am [face_love]

7. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    So helpful are our moderators.

8. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Well I guess this thread is a prime example of things happening when I'm sleeping, but as you see other mods have chimed in and given their point of view.

For the moment the SWC doesn't need another mod, it isn't that busy, if there is an emergency any other mod can come in. So far it hasn't been worse than I've been able to lock some hours after it happened.

I'm glad that all you users are concerned and wants the best for you forum. :)

9. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    No, its good to see that there are Mods who are willing to be of service and help eachother out. That is a great trait which you don't find often. I am truely glad to be under Moderation here at the JC. :)

10. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    This may be a little late and I may not often visit this part of the boards, but I do know KenKenobi and he would be a good mod. So where do I vote?

11. Iwishiwasajedi

Iwishiwasajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Members cannot vote for moderators. Moderators are chosen by the current Moderation team and picked on their helpfulness and dedication to the board.

12. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    [face_laugh]

Ok, ok..I think we solved the problem here and alerted some available Moderators to the situation. Obi Anne is doing a wonderful job over there, and I'm sure things will run smoothly with of all these other willing patrons. :)

Now let's lock up this thread before too many people say Ken Kenobi and Moderator in the same sentence! :p

13. yodahs-daddy

yodahs-daddy Jedi Master star 5

May 20, 2002
    hehe :p I am not going to say it because i dont want you to loose your chance. :p

14. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    If there is a need, the current moderators of that forum will bring it up in Mod Squad. If a person is a viable candidate, mentioning in here won't matter, they will have already been noticed.

15. Morgaine

Morgaine Ex-Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 2001
    Just a clarification on my "temporary unavailability": :) I'm moving to a new apartment next week and won't have internet access there in the first few weeks, so my online time is very limited at the moment. :(

16. yodahs-daddy

May 20, 2002
    If a person is a viable candidate, mentioning in here won't matter

well in that case........ :p KEN !! KEN !! KEN!!

17. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    Sape: Clarified. :)

Morgaine: It's alright mate. It's very understandable. ;) :)

yodahs-daddy: Shut up! *whispers* The almighty spirit of Darth Ludicrous might hear... [face_mischief] :(

:p

18. yodahs-daddy

May 20, 2002
    aw dont worry about him I sent him a PM a few days agoa and he still hasn't read it :p

of course he hasnt logged on since novemeber of 2002 :p hehe

but..I will shut up if that is what you wish
    Vader]My master[/Vader

19. dArTh_wenley

dArTh_wenley Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 10, 2001

As others have pointed out, SWC isn't that hard a board to moderate and an extra moderator should not be needed at the present time in my humble SWC regular opinion.

Other Moderators often help out, besides, us members are pretty good at identifying redundant threads anyway. ;)

20. yodahs-daddy

May 20, 2002
    yeah you two knocked my socks off on that last thread I posted :) record time hehe and thank you for the help.

21. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    I come before you on the lightsiders behalf, I have a request:

Please do not give KenKenobi any mod powers. In the past two nights and this afternoon he was rude to two masters and myself. I feel that if he cannot conclude his duties as a lightsider then I feel that he should not have mod powers.

I chewed him out last night, Angel found his yahoo ID and chewed him out, and then Ginger chewed him out this afternoon where he came up with excuses and his story kept changing.

Ginger_Jedi and Angel5000 will see to it that he is red flagged and will never return to the lightsiders.

Please give this your full consideration.

Thank you

Knight Falcon

22. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I think that will wrap up this thread. When and if a new position is warranted, the person in consideration will know. Thanks. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.