main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Community News Forum

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Obi-pres, Mar 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Let's keep it civil. :)

To this idea, I don't exactly see the need for it. I mean, if a person gets banned, then is it really anyone else's business except the friends of the person? Is that the kind of news that would be in the forum?

2. Charis

Charis Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 29, 2002
    Not sure about a forum, but it may work as a thread in the JCC, or possibly the Welcome Forum depending on what you exactly plan to put in it.

3. Obi-pres

Obi-pres Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    KrystalBlaze: No. I totally agree with you on that and never had the intentions of putting who was banned and who wasn't in the news casts. That would be kinda of an invasion of privacy. Anyways, most of the time you don't know if someone was banned or not until they come back.

Charis: I was never thinking of a full forum. I was thinking of a thread just as you said. I think a forum would be awesome, but i think it would be too much. Just a thread is what I had my mind on. Also, I am not sure if the Welcome thread would be an appropriate place for it. I really have my mind set on the JCC. It would be a much better place for it.

4. xie

xie Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    You seem to be confusing "Forum" and "Thread", and are using them interchangably, which they are not, which is part of the confusion.

5. Obi-pres

Aug 6, 2002
    Well, whatever we are meaning to say. lol!

6. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Obi, I see where you want to go with this, but I honestly don't believe that an entire forum devoted to news is necessary. Communications is the forum for happenings and decisions being made on the JC. People in SW Community should come here and read what's going on.

It's important that all of the JC members come out of the forums in which they post to see what's going on around the rest of the JC. Filtering "news" through one person can lessen the impact and take things out of context.

7. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    "I must respect your sayings mostly because you are mods and if you don't get your way you just start banning"

That's not true. [face_plain]

8. Obi-pres

Aug 6, 2002
    Sorry. I have made an agreement with Obi-Anne about something different and this idea is closed. Can one of the mods please lock this topic. Thank you for your support and your well spent time.

Obi-pres

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.