main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Concert: John Williams?

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Motterman, Feb 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Motterman

Motterman Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 22, 2000
    I've seen a few people indicate that John Williams is involved in the Star Wars Concert at Celebration II. Is this a rumor, or where can I find some official information on this?

Unless people are saying it's a John Williams concert simply for the fact that he composed the music, because to say that it's a John Williams Star Wars Concert implies that he will be conducting.

Thanks!

(although if he's not "scheduled" to attend, it would be a GREAT "surprise")

2. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    I've kind of noticed that either, but I personally haven't heard any rumors or official information indicating that, and I tend to hear a lot of rumors.

But yeah, that would be a great surprise:

[Shara fan girl mode]"Oh Mr, Williams, it's an honor to meet you! I play the violin, can I play in something that you conduct?!

"Go away you insane little woman...
    [/Shara fan girl mode]

Just kidding...now Ewan, on the other hand... ;)

3. Boba_Binks

Boba_Binks Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 7, 2001
    As of right now John Williams is NOT conducting this concert.
    As of right now Jackson Wiley and Orcenith Smith are going to be conducting this powerful concert.

But there are some inside rumors that I got from **I am not going to reveal name** that there are some dealings trying to get Mr. Williams in town for celebration. If he shows up or not is not know at this time.

I will keep everyone posted as I find out information that I can share.

4. TK670

TK670 Jedi Youngling

Feb 6, 2002
    Would be nice if he could make it. If not, he is conducting the Cleveland Orchestra at Blossom Music Center (excellent outdoor pavilion) on July 29th. Will be playing the full range of all of his movie themes. Saw him do the same concert summer of 99 - if you can make it, it's definitely worth the couple of hour drive.

5. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    I want to go and see him conduct at Blossom! :_|

I need to beg more, that's it. :D

And I need to beg more to go and see the concert at CII. ;)

6. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    *applauds Boba_Binks* I swear I'm having rumor envy! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.