Star Wars Concert series begins in October 1,2009 @ the Honda Center, Anaheim

Discussion in 'Los Angeles, CA' started by Sol_Jedi, Jul 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    You heard it right. No more mixed montages at the Hollywood Bowl when we all go to John Williams. This is full fledged Star Wars Orchestra by non other than the master himself, John Williams. Tickets go on sale August 2.

GForce and Lobacca, let's get partnered up with LU.N so we can make this a larger group get together.
  2. MrZAP Force Ghost

star 5
    I found out about this a couple hours ago from a friend. I'm definitely game to go.
  3. GFORCE13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    My Good Friend Matt sent this too me on Facebook, it most definitely reminds me of a night to remember and it looks like the only Weekend Screening is Friday October 2nd in Anaheim.
    http://www.starwarsinconcert.com/
  4. SoccerRyot Jedi Knight

star 1
    Are we thinking about trying as a group for a specific day? We have 4 local dates to choose from, if so.

And I love that these shows are going to be packed with fans.
  5. Bowen Force Ghost

star 4
    Anaheim, forget that! I'm going to L.A. Live, that's two blocks from me, haha. This is going to be amazing. Thanks for the heads up!
  6. GFORCE13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well for us personally it doesn't matter if it is the Honda or Nokia haven't been to either one, it looks like Tickets are on sale and range from $35.00-$85.00. I would rather us sit together if possible we will just have to coordinate it.
  7. Bowen Force Ghost

star 4
    I got the VIP package at Nokia, I'm stoked. It was $450 but it's the works, great seat, meet and greet with Anthony Daniels with photo, who I always love from the Star Wars Celebrations, the souvenir thingie whatever that is, early admission to the exhibit, pre-show VIP lounge access with drinks and food, crowd-free merchandise booth, all that good stuff.

I usually am pretty tight with my entertainment money, I mean I live 2 blocks from Staples and only attended 2 basketball games last season, both for free, through a friend of a friend who works for the Blazers (so we went to Blazers versus Clippers twice, hehe), so I basically don't spend any money on stuff around here. But this is Star Wars, and it's a rare opportunity, so I'd rather spend the money and have a great experience than end up regretting it later and never able to go back and get a redo.

I think it'll be worth it! I went to the ROTS charity premiere, that was definitely worthwhile.
  8. SoccerRyot Jedi Knight

star 1
    That's cool that you were able to get the VIP package!

Ok, I was just comparing the ticket prices and I see that while the Honda Center does offer the $35 seats up at the top, the Nokia Theater does not ($59 and $89 tix only).
  9. Bowen Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah I think it's just because Nokia is a smaller venue honestly, they only have 7,100 seats. My friend Erik is going up in Portland at the Rose Garden, and they built that arena for basketball games, concerts, etc., it holds 20,000 for basketball. Not sure how many for a concert but my guess is still a lot more than Nokia, probably at least twice as many.

So a lot of the prices are higher at Nokia, but the venue I think is one of the best around. It's really designed with acoustics in mind, a brand new facility, etc. So I suppose part of the price is just taking that into consideration, trying to make a similar amount of money from a smaller venue, etc. It'll be my first time in Nokia though I think, sadly enough, I should have went there before but what can you do, lol.

This should be a really great event!
  10. GFORCE13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Actually the Nokia does offer $35.00 Tickets, you just click the $59.00 one and go to purchase them, wierd???
  11. Bowen Force Ghost

star 4
    haha seriously?! That's weird... lol.

My friend in Portland tried to purchase tickets last night, two, and when it went to charge his card it said, "Card information invalid, try again" or something, so he went back and redid it. He got a bit overzealous, LOL, I mean I'd have given up on the 3rd try probably. But anyway he tried like 10 times and today noticed a charge for $1,700 for the tickets, haha, so he got that reversed and did it over the phone. It's funny how some companies just can't figure out online processing.
  12. SoccerRyot Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey that is weird! They do come up at $35. Good to know! However, since the Nokia is smaller, that means those tix probably won't be availalbe for very long.

If we want to pick a night to go as a group, and this is assuming that each individual/household is/are purchasing their tickets on their own, we should probably do so ASAP so people can get what is affordable for them, right?

And if we don't go as a group, I am thinking that no matter what night people go, they will know people there in the audience as we all know a lot of fans.
  13. Bowen Force Ghost

star 4
    This is true what you say. I got my ticket for Thursday, Oct. 8. Not exactly sure why I did that instead of the 7th, but somehow, that's what I did, lol.
  14. SoccerRyot Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ok, I am good for trying for the 7th or 8th, too. Anyone else?
  15. Commander-DWH Shiny Costuming & Props Manager

Manager
    star 4
    Hi! This is my first time posting on these FanForce boards, but I was active in the Jedi Knights of Cleveland when I was in college. :) I'm actually planning on volunteering for this with the Rebel Legion. I signed up for the 7th, and I'll be there in my Ceremonial Leia costume.
  16. Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    To be honest, Idk if we can organize a massive group outing between local So.Cal FFs. I know some people can't make it because they're already going to John Williams and this was only announced last month at Comic Con. I don't even know if I'll be able to make it, let alone anyone else from here. I have some personal things that require my immediate attention and funds so I don't know if I can make either So Cal show. I'll keep everyone posted.
  17. Varekei Jedi Master

star 4
    I heard it was in the neighborhood or $75 a ticket.
  18. SoccerRyot Jedi Knight

star 1
    Both the Nokia and the Honda Center still have $35 tix available. But even if people can't swing the cash right now, you know that when we get close to the dates that some folks might end up with an extra ticket and will offer them up to a fellow fan. So there is always a chance you might make it after all.
  19. Bowen Force Ghost

star 4
    I just got my ticket in the mail today -- nice!
  20. MrZAP Force Ghost

star 5
    So I'm going to the Honda on the 2nd. Not sure what seats I'm getting yet. It'll be amazing!
  21. PatttyB0123 RSA Latin America

Manager
    star 6
    How was the concert? :confused:

I am going to the Sacramento one this weekend, so I would like to know if you were allow to bring a camera? [face_hypnotized]

Thanks.
  22. GFORCE13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    PB we are going tomorrow so will let you know Thursday what is permitted, I am personally planning on taking not only a Camera but a L.Saber as well!!
  23. MasterNerfherder Jedi Knight

star 1
    I went to the Anaheim concert and cameras were allowed for the exhibits but not for the show itself. There were a few lightsabers as well. Mostly from children. Not a lot of costumes. There was a reporter from CNN and he was having a tough time finding any adults in costume.
  24. PatttyB0123 RSA Latin America

Manager
    star 6
    Thank you. :D

So you have to give your camera to the staff before you go to the main concert? :confused: or can I keep my camera in my purse?

GF thanks, and yes please let us know.

Oh this Saturday. [face_dancing]

25. Lowbacca_1977 Force Ghost

star 6
    You can take a camera in, its just not supposed to be flash photography during the concert.

I'd thought I'd seen something saying lightsabers weren't allowed, although don't think it was subsequently enforced but I think it covers why there were so few there.

Also, the concert was awesome (saw it last Friday night)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.