main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Star Wars Concert Tour

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Harlock415, Jul 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    From SciFi Wire: http://bit.ly/TlOdS
    Star Wars: In Concert, a multi-media concert event featuring John Williams' music from all six Star Wars films played by a full symphony orchestra and chorus and accompanied by footage from the movies projected on a giant, high-definition screen will begin to tour this fall, according to Variety. Anthony Daniels, who played C-3PO in the Star Wars series, will act as master of ceremonies and narrator for the event.

Veteran conductor and composer Dirk Brosse will be leading the orchestra. Steve Cohen, who has designed the lighting for the world tours of acts such as Brittney Spears, Billy Joel, The Cult and Usher will be creating the multi-media show.

In addition to the two-hour live and multi-media performance, Star Wars: In Concert will also feature a traveling exhibit of props, models, costumes and original artwork used to make the film series.

The tour kicks off October 1 in Anaheim, California, with dates following in Phoenix, LA, Sacramento and other cities.

Link to Concert: http://www.starwarsinconcert.com/

Unlike the concert that some of us attended at Comic-con a few years back, this will be a full multimedia event. Should be interesting.

2. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I will definitely going, regardless if LFL asks the RL or 501st to participate. Tickets go on sale Aug. 1st and it will be at the HP Pavillion Oct. 11.

After seeing John Williams conduct SW music live at the Hollywood Bowl, this is just as cool!

:D

3. DarthBane95

DarthBane95 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2009
    I am going for sure!!! I wonder how much tickets will cost?:confused:

4. AKAI_FETT

AKAI_FETT Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2006
    I already cleared my calendar so at 12 am,(thanks god for the iPhone) I will be buying tickets. I'm expecting to pay about 50+ per ticket at least. I figure we'll not all sit by eachother, but we should get together before or afterwards.

5. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Just saw this... too:

http://www.mercurynews.com/entertainment/ci_12899497

I'm in and I'm gonna see if the Rogues are down for this strike.

6. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Might wanna try to catch this while down there or Haunt since it coincides with the time.

7. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    GROUP DISCOUNT OFFER IN THE WORKS

Hello All...

This is the information I just got from the sales department regarding discount group tickets for HP Pavilion in San Jose. We'd need a group of 15 or more for a specific show. He will need to know very soon (like by tomorrow or Thurs...) if we have 15 people. This came to me through the Rebel Legion but since I'm with SFFF I'm extending it to all of you too since they are simply looking for star wars fan club members to extend this to :)

There is a 2:00pm show and a 7:00pm show on 10/11/09. So I do need to know which time people are interested in, and how picky you are about seats because I'm not sure they will be giving us the best seats in the house if you know what I mean.
    ------------------------------------

Message from HP Pavilion:

Hi Kathy,

Thanks for the email. Yes, tickets for Star Wars: In Concert will be on sale this Sunday, August 2nd at 10am through Ticketmaster. We are currently in discussions with the promoter to offer a group ticket discount for groups of 15 or more people. That discount could be anywhere from $3-$10 off the regular price and by going through us, you wouldn?t pay any Ticketmaster fees also. We anticipate knowing more details about the group discount and the seating by Friday if not sooner. I will be sure to contact you as soon as I hear.

In the meantime, are you able to get a group of at least 15 people together?

8. SWFAN3

SWFAN3 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 8, 2002
    Check this out from the local LA ABC station:
    http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/hollywood_wrap&id=6930352&rss=rss-kabc-article-6930352

There is also of a video interview w/Daniels.

Thank you.

9. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    I think thy 2 PM is the most convenient, then not everyone is getting home late.

Rachel and I are in.

10. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Should not have to do this, but BUMP :mad:

11. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Yeah... we shouldn't have to do this and I'm gonna do something concerning this.., Either time sounds good to me. I'll drop a line to the squad to see who maybe in and let you know by tomorrow.

12. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    OK, there are three tiers of seats in the pricing structure. Are you all wanting the most expensive (around 75 bucks), or what? They'll need to know when they work out our deal. And so far I don't even have 15 people interested so this might not happen, but we are working on it...

13. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    I think I speak for the bulk of us when we say CHEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP. :D

14. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    We need a head count of people going. So far

Robert
    Rachel
    Ming
    Kathy
    Lou
    Stephanie
    Matt

That's a lot less than 15 right now. Ming, you mentioned your Rogues, how many are committed? Others need to either chime in or have someone do it for them.

15. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Eleven (Terrill) check in and he's getting a count as well. I also sent the info 2nd Flight (Rogues 5-8) and 3rd Flight (Rogues 9-12) to see if they'd be down for the op. I'll have a complete count for you tomorrow. Rogue Four (Rach) is already in as you know. =D

16. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    Kat,
    You know I'm in - cheap or expensive seats for the group rate. Remember, anything this big is worth any price. Remember just how much we each paid for to get up close at Duran Duran! :D

17. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    OK - but Dale, what if you end up making a potential costume volunteer list that is probably in the works for the 501st? You'd then be locked into the tickets you bought. I just want all the costumers to keep this in mind before I tell the ticket department our firm number of people definitely buying tickets. He doesn't want 'maybe' on the list if there are people who want to wait to see if they can volunteer in costume. If you can please respond by tonight, I will be leaving town tomorrow so want my head counts by tonight if I can. I won't be able to check e-mail or forums on Thurs until I actually get settled into my hotel in LA Thurs evening.

18. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Kathy,

I sent you an email, so I'm in for a cheap ticket. 2:00 p.m. works best for me.

19. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    OK - I have compiled a list of people interested in tickets.

If it helps any of you in figuring out which Tier of seating you want, this is the seating chart for the HP Pavilion Star Wars Concert:

Seating Chart:

http://www.hppsj.com/seating_maps/SeatingChart.asp?SEATING_CHART_ID=278

If there is a $?? by your name I need you to tell me what tiers you are wanting to pay for.

Matt - $55 or less
    Dale - $55 or less
    Barbie (depends on price)
    June (depends on price)
    Rachel $75 or less
    John +1
    Robin - $75 or less
    Anne Wine - $35 or less
    Lou - $??
    Stephanie - $??
    Alison - $35
    Bette - $??
    Barry - $??
    Robert Lee - $??
    scott? (unsure if they want to buy)
    jessica? (unsure if they want to buy)
    Ming - $35
    John S. - already had tickets but if ours are a good deal he'd like to sit with group.

20. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    I'm good for $75 or less.

21. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Just got our $75 tickets through American Express just in case:

2 pm show, Section: Floor 1, Row: 4, Seats 5 & 6

But IF we get a group discount with good seats, I'll end up selling these. Just wanted to have a back-up plan.

22. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    So it sounds like everyone is starting to make their own plans. Maybe we should let everyone get their own tickets and we could do a meet up either before or after the concert. Its not like we can talk during the performance anyway. Maybe the group tix thing is going to be too hard to coordinate.

23. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    since some have already got their tixs, I'm in agreement with the frog.

24. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Ugh... hate it when a plan is rushed. :( Terrill can't go but Rogues Five (Christina) Six (Casey), Seven (Ashu) are in for the strike BUT they would like to know how much the discount is. I'll talk to my buddy Thames and Will from Amgen cos they're huge SW fans and will prob bring family too. That would easily put us over 15. I'll give them a call. We CAN get 15, it's SO not hard guys. Just buy Rogue Leader more time! lol...

Also... You guys should know that the HP Pavilion is very well designed. There are no such thing as bad seats there. I've been to a Shania concert there and also a Sharks game. I guess getting closer to the screen would be cool but it's nothing we haven't seen before. lol...

25. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Yeah, actually for something like this you'd wanna sit a bit further back to see the screens, not the orchestra. It's note a Beyonce concert.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.