main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Star Wars Concert Tour

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Harlock415, Jul 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    I'm gonna guess that being a concert, no photography will be allowed during the performance. I'd be surprised if they did allow it.

2. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Say no flash photography on the tickets. Will snap shots before hand and after. I just wanna see how good the range is overall. A good test for future con panels. lol

3. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    No "Flash," eh? Got an 18x optical on mine, full digital zoom is 72x but digital zooming at that power would totally need a tri or monopod. Should be interesting experiment especially indoors and low light.

4. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    I have a tripod if you wanna use it.

5. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Got a tripod.

6. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    I got a recommendation on the mustering point for before/after the concert: http://www.britanniaarmsdowntown.com/

7. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
  8. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Cool. Any other good places nearby? It'd be nice to have a Plan B & C, especially if there are a lot of us, and if they need reservations.

9. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003

We have a broad selection of beers (19 beers on tap along with 2 hard ciders). We also have an
    extensive and reasonably priced liquor collection which is simply too large to name!

Enjoy a pint inside or at the full-service bar on our spacious 3,000 square foot, heated patio. Try our
    famous fish and chips or one of our other traditional dishes like Shepherd's Pie and British Bangers.
    We also have a delicious Kobe burger and a variety of soups, salads, and sandwiches.

You have chosen well. So let be written. So let it be done.

10. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    This is a Rogue Squadron scout and thus it'll work for a muster point. Some of us can even jump into the system early to secure the system but if it's anything like another event, then NOTHING will suit our needs considering the other battle groups that I know will be involved... [face_whistling] Plans B and C are any other dive in the immediate area should others jump on this location and over flow this sucker but I doubt this (especially if there is a joint effort to secure the location early). However, it is very likely that this place is big enough for a massive crowd because it's use to all the HP's sporting events and besides the standard SW fan isn't as heavy on the drinky. lol... Unless you're talking about mustering AFTER the concert too. Then it'll turn into a furball of first come first serve. As I said it's a muster point, not the after party (although it could be... if executed right).

You may want to call about a resturant cos any restaurant with in 2 mile radius is probably gonna be packed after the concert. Trust me... I know. I further recommend a scout personally should you be in the SJ system anytime soon for some odd reason. :p

11. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Also...

The Brit is easily within walking distance of the San Jose HP Pavilion Arena. Host to many sporting,
    concert, comedy and other events. We are commonly the after party host of HP Pavilion events.
    The Brit has become a great gathering spot after all your favorite arena events!

Matty... are you pondering what I'm pondering? o_O

12. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    CNN video on the concert:

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/showbiz/2009/08/31/pkg.star.wars.john.williams.cnn

13. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    This place was recommended as a possible dinner location:

http://www.sonomachickencoop.com/

14. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    But the Brit has a scotch menu!

I'll try to scout out one or both locations this week.

15. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Looks like you just pay for you own thing at the counter. Which means no serperate check annoyance! :p

I think the Brit is better as a muster point. I'm gonna have 2 Flight scout it again soon.

16. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Looks like our favorite pirate (no not Jack Sparrow) Rob has beat me to the punch... He there right now and says we can reserve the huge back patio AND control the big screen in the back so we can totally have SW Revisited on! I think this is our muster point guys, pre-party or/and after party! [face_dancing]

Nice job Rob. =D=

17. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Gonna call the manager this week to see what we can arrange. Food is excellent by the way.

18. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    I can already taste the bangers and mash. =P~ Oh and if anyone wants to make good on buying Rogue Leader drinks... that would be a good time. ;) lol

19. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Rob did ya call? If not I can totally do it. In fact I've got an itchy trigger finger to make all this happen! :D

20. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    I'll try to get in touch with the manager on Monday.

21. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Copy that, I'm committing the Rogues to the Britannia Arms then for the muster point AND the after party... Dealing with two places would just annoy me to no end. I've heard good things about the fish n chips anyway. ;) I doubt we'll get similiar acommadations at this Sonoma Chicken place in the ways of having SW Revisited or something on the big screen and such.

Keep in mind that this is my choice for the Rogues and those who want to join us from Fan Force, RL, and 501st are welcome. If you want in, that's great. If not... no big and it's cool if you want to do your own thing. I hope everyone enjoys their [face_chicken] if the latter is chosen. :)

A small list of pros for your convienence:
    Huge patio
    Good pub food
    Scotch menu
    Big Screen/Revisited
    19 beers on tap
    Reservable
    Right next to the HP
    and did I mention alcohol?
    :D

22. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000

Pre-SW Concert-Party muster point party update
    Alright guys... Rob and the rest of my Rogues scouted the Britannia Arms yesterday and we've officially book their patio area at 12pm for our muster point.

Rogue Squadron will jump into the system and secure the area just prior to noon. Any other groups that wishes to jump in on this are most welcome (Unity FTW!). Kids are allowed in as well since we saw several as we were having fish and chips (excellent btw), burgers (also excellent), and beers (always excellent). PEOPLE WILL PAY FOR THEIR OWN STUFF... no massive tabs to split 25 ways. haha... Also we'll do our best to get Star Wars Revisited on their HD flat screens BUT they are positioned in an awkward area (suspended above the patio area underneath the awning's support structure. Regardless this location is only a couple blocks away from the HP and also there is plenty of free street parking on Sundays.

Post-SW Concert Party update
    We also just went ahead and booked the Britannia Arms for the post party as well at 5:30pm (listed as 5pm) because honestly it's easier this way and people won't get utterly lost because if they were there for the pre-party then they'll know where it is! ;) The concert is about 2 hours long so it should end more or less at 4pm which gives everyone an 1.0-1.5 hours to look at neat props n stuff, take pics, etc. This will end... whenever people start to leave and stuff. :p

Make no mistake everyone this place is awesome... The atmosphere is great. The food is excellent and the booze... well... that just speaks for itself. :cool:

23. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Sounds awesome! I will definitely be there for the 12pm pre-show party. I may or may not make it by for the post-show gathering, since it sounds like I'm suppose to be ready to go for the evening show volunteering stint at 6pm.

24. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    :D we thought it was pretty awesome too. lol

25. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    I can probably do the pre-party. But probably have to skip the after dinner since it looks like I'm doing costume volunteer for the second show. If for some reason I'm not needed/wanted as a costume volunteer then I'd be free for the dinner. I should know by the end of next week what their (concert promoters and LFL) decision is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.