San Fran, CA Star Wars Concert Tour

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Harlock415, Jul 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    What I really need to hook up the portable DVD player is a longer version of this AV cable: AV cable: This cable is used to take a Video/audioL/audioR mini jack and turn it into 3 RCA Males

cos the one I have is only like 3 ft...

However, if you only have regular RCA cables I have another DVD player (that's not so portable but that's fine) as long as the RCA cables can reach. As for the extension cord... the longer the better is what I'd say but... 6' each maybe enough... we can MacGyver something when I actually see the back of the TV...
  2. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    The only cables I have are either RCA both ends or coax. I don't know if the RCA are over 3 ft... will have to check. Probably unlikely, though.
  3. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    No joy on RCA cables. Best I have are like 3ft.

However, my extension cord is 9ish ft. I'll bring it and the backup dvd player if you still think we need the latter. Let me know.
  4. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Bring the RCA cable anyway... Couldn't hurt... :)
  5. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    IT'S TOMORROW!!!!!!!!! XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!
  6. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    We were always allowed to dress up and bring lightsabers. Initially the formal volunteers were told by one of the SW in Concert organizers to dress down into street clothes before the show began and not do anything distracting during the show. We were told today it is OK to wear your costume as long as you can remain seated the entire time and don't wear your helmet. (So, maybe they thought we were all stormtroopers and had to stand up during the show? I dunno...) I still think waving around a lightsaber excessively could be just rude to some people around you who may want to watch the show. But we were never told we couldn't bring lightsabers to the show.
  7. CloneUncleOwen Force Ghost

star 4

WHHOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO (Xtra HOOOOO)!

Are you going to both shows, or just the evening gig?
  8. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    I was getting reports that people were being told to stand down from costuming in general which imo is a bunch of bantha puck. This is what happens when we play a game of telephone cos tactical details were lost. Regardless, I was gonna do what I wanted as I'm would not be restricted by anything anyway... So for people getting the similar impression that costumes were not allowed in general.... I think there should of been a little more rebellion to that and so I aimed to misbehave. :cool: :p
  9. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    This is it! Rogue Leader is outbound on attack vectors to the HP in the San Jose System! All wings will rendezvous with the rest of the fleet at pre-determined coordinates. May the Force be with us!

Fly fast and shoot straight everyone!:cool:
  10. Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    I had a great time with y'all, thx!
  11. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    omg... so tired. I've been up 18 hours since 6am yesterday... [face_tired] I think it went well overall in the end... :)

*collapses into his command seat as he watched the Death Star blow*
  12. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    Pics http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b69/Harlock415/StarWarsConcert/
  13. CloneUncleOwen Force Ghost

star 4
    Absolutely fantastic concerts! They went off very well and were far more
    spectacular than I imagined they would be. Great crowds.

Thanks for posting the fantastic photos!

Impressive, most impressive.
  14. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    I'll post my pics later but the ones I took of Anthony Daniels at maximum zoom were all blurry. lol... Should of brought the tripod but then again that would of been another thing to carry. :p
  15. courtneylosch Jedi Padawan

I am going to the Star Wars in concert on November 26 in Toronto..I want to dress up...Does anybody else dress up???
  16. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Yep! People dress up so you'll be in good company. Lots of kids dress up too. :)
  17. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    My concert pics

I lowered the amount and got rid of the repeats...

Kat if people wanna post their links to the photos here I can re-org it in the format you wanted for the website. :)
  18. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    You should get your reports direct from the source and not go on hearsay. Rumors are bad. Nobody was being told to stand down from costuming. You probably got someone's misinterpretation of something. Most likely, it was a misinterpretation of the directive that "rebel legion and 501st volunteers" who signed up to work the event with Another Planet were being told to dress down before they watched the show *if* they were at the front of their seating section. They always acknowledged that there would certainly be people seeing the show in costume who were not part of our volunteer group. They just asked that people not do anything to draw attention to themselves and disrupt other concert goers trying to watch the show. I don't know if they thought we'd be doing a lightsaber battle during the show or if they thought we all had armor and would be standing rather than sitting? I have no clue why they thought the costumes would be a problem for audience members around us. So my advise to RL members was to either volunteer but be prepared to use our changing room to dress down about a half hour before the show, or don't volunteer and wear your costume as you please, being mindful not to do anything that would be disruptive to audience members during the show.

Oh, and now for why I really came here! To post my photos and say I'm sorry I didn't get to hang out with everyone at the Brit. The only Fan Force members I ran into were Lou and Stephanie (and I think it's great Stephanie was able to dress up!)

Photos: http://imageevent.com/kay_dee/rebellegion/starwarsinconcertsanjose

19. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4

Mmmm... [face_thinking] well second hand info is all we have to work with considering that reports here directly were few and far in between, ah well, it worked out. Also... I was dead set to violate the "rules" anyway, so why would I need confirmation or permission to confirm rules that I don't care about in the first place? lol When you're aiming to misbehave, asking to make sure kinda takes the rebellion out of it. :p lol

20. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    Uh, the restrictions were not for Fan Force members so we had no reason to post them here. It was only for people who signed up to be an official costume volunteer... and the word volunteer means 'voluntary' so if someone didn't want to volunteer and have restrictions on costumes then they could just attend as Joe Blow Star Wars fan in their costume :) I think the harm comes when people start to spread rumors like 'the concert doesn't want people there in costume' or however this was being spun. Because that was never the case. I just think for some strange reason the concert production staff thought we'd be standing in our costumes or something (assumed we were all stormtroopers maybe...) I dunno. But it all worked out and we got to keep our costumes on. Because it would have been really difficult to have 30 volunteers fully change out of costume in time for the show. This way we were able to take photos with as many kids/families as possible and then just enter the arena at like, literally, at 7:00pm or 2:00pm. :)
  21. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    The concert is over. Why we still raking over dead coals?
  22. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    The concert is over but analysis of what occurred can help with future elimination of conflicting issues for future events. I'm always one to believe we should learn from past experiences, for bad or good... Although that is my belief and shouldn't really be discussed on an open channel. However, I'm also one to believe I don't think things should be hidden but the caveat there is that we look like we're constantly in debate or worse snipping conflict (and for those who are lurking we're really not :D).

With any group there are differences of opinions or outlooks, I don't consider reflection a bad thing but I think we can find a better way to convey our discussions perhaps off the boards or PMs. [face_thinking] Will have to ponder this one...
  23. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    I think we are fine :) I felt the need to correct any misinformation that might be out there. Especially when we have people from visiting Fan Force boards asking if it would be OK to dress up at the show. I wanted to make sure everyone understood they were always welcome to dress up in costume at the concerts. :) It makes the concert more festive and fun for everyone, the more people they see dressed in costumes.

Ming, once everyone has posted links to their photos (I think we are waiting on Alison and Matt... not sure if anyone else had a camera...) that would be great if you could format the titles and links. I'll then add it to our SFFF photo page :)
  24. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Here are mine from both shows (I couldn't post one of Shea and Jessica in the dressing room). ;)

http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e385/JedHead1/Star%20Wars%20In%20Concert%2010-11-09/?start=all

GGG:

http://goldengategarrison.com/gallery2/v/Main/swconcert

RL Member Liz:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lizardjedi/sets/72157622448765629/

I hope everyone had a good time and got at least one souvenir.
  25. jeslyn Jedi Padawan

How is it you always get those type of shots! And why is there always one with Shea and I that can not be posted.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.