main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Star Wars Connections and WizardWorld

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JediAutobot, Mar 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    This just off the official site. Steve Sansweet will be doing a special presentation linking ep II to the other movies at conventions this summer. One is DragonCon, which is in Atlanta, and while I know some people are going, for those of us that don't have the time or money, WizardWorld Chicago will also be hosting the event. Wooohooo!

2. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    MaraJadeSkywalker and I are attending Gen Con this year, so I'll get to see Steve Sansweet's presentation three times this year! Kickass!

Phil

3. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    Any idea when the convention will be in Chicago??

4. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    Wizard World (formerly Chicago Comicon) is August 17, 18, and 19 in Rosemont, IL. Check out http://www.wizardworld.com/ for more info. There's a link near the bottom for the convention. Kevin Smith and Jason Mewes will be there. The Men Behind the Masks tour has been to Wizard World in the past, but I'm not sure if they're going this year. The complete guest list is not available yet.

Phil

5. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Cool, I didn't go to the Colorado one couple years ago, this will be cool. Is this WizardWorld thing ALL Star Wars? I've never heard of it! Please tell me! Is it all SW? Is it not? Will it be like the Fan Celebration like Colorado? Please give a longer explanation!

~Sithman~
    the sithiest J.E.D.I. around!

6. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    Wizard World was originally known as the Chicago Comicon which began in 1976. The comic book fan magazine Wizard bought the convention in 1997 and changed its name to its own in 1998. It essentially still has its roots in comic books, although there's an increased amount of emphasis on media stars and wrestling. I've been attending the convention since 1984 only missing it once, in 1991. I find that there's a decreasing attention paid to the comics medium outside of promoting what's currently hot, so my interest in the convention has been waning since the takeover. Guests such as Kevin Smith, J. Michael Straczynski (Guest of Honor last year), and the Men Behind the Masks (who have attended in the past) do make it fun, however.

Phil

7. TK895

TK895 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2000
    Mr. Sansweet has expressed interest in the 501st providing security during these events. So you can count on seeing the Midwest Garrison at all three of his appearances on the east side of the country. The SanDiego ComicCon will be covered by the Southern CA Garrison.

8. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Must be some serious secret **** if Mr. Sansweet is requesting 501st protection. :)

9. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    Jeff, It depends whether TK is going to be offering the Death Star I protection or the Endor Bunker protection? :p

10. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Autobot.....dissin' the 501st. Something tells me I have just been saved from my Dragon World "kidnapping".

11. Le_Penguin

Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    I'm thinkin' the 501st provides at least Bespin-level security. It took my man Lobot to stop those guys, and they were _still_ able to keep our heroes away from Han just long enough...

-Le Penguin
    "I'm like Sam the Butcher,
    bringin Alice tha meat."

12. Stardreamer

Stardreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2000
    I'd rate the 501st at an Echo Base Assault level of protection... which is the highest I can think of right now. :D

Thom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.