main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Convention: Gosforth Park Hotel, April 2007

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by suzijedi, Jan 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. suzijedi

suzijedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2006
    For some reason the above post appeared twice, so I've changed this one!

2. nlindenj

nlindenj Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 5, 2006
    so, how does this affect us?

3. spike_thmid

spike_thmid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    well if they want any costumers for their charity event I'm sure Jase could supply some via the Rebel Legion - I know I'd be interested !!

4. nlindenj

nlindenj Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 5, 2006
    i'd do it too but its the uk garrison depends what sort of mood they are in

5. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    A charity event is cool. But, let's hope the UKG are feeling generous and let us become involved.

And I'll try and make sure my event doesn't clash with it.

6. Ranouch_Heath

Ranouch_Heath Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2006
    Me Too M8 [face_peace]

Just wonder what the Members of the UkG would think of us Any how this is our area !
    and they are our visitors

7. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    My events dude (how posh eh? I have staff!!!) is still chatting with UKG events about this one for participation under the RL banner for involvement in the event. It will be at the discretion of the UKG CO at the end of the day and depends how appropriate it will be - dependent on the event format. We'll know more after the 28th Jan when things will be moving forwards.

Please leave it with me - Im doing all I can right now to make sure that if its on the NE home turf at least we are considered for an appearance...but please remember...its THEIR event - not ours...we would be 'guests'....and how we present ourselves, both here on the board and at the event (if we get invited!), it all counts. Lets keep working relations good please people in the spirit of the good inter group relations we already have built up.

8. spike_thmid

spike_thmid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    must admit I didn't notice it was a UK:G event till after I'd posted [face_blush] I know we wouldn't be happy if another group attempted to gatecrash one of our charity events uninvited (though good spot Suzi)

good to know your "staff" are touting our services about Jase [face_peace]

9. Ranouch_Heath

Dec 5, 2006
    Ill find out more info from Jace when we (If we) meet up for my 30th Birthday night out !

10. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Bad news guys. My next charity gig is booked for the 21st April. I just found out about 10 minutes ago.

11. Ranouch_Heath

Dec 5, 2006
    Do we have any more Info on whats happening with this ?
    I havent seen any write up's about it on the 99th or the UKG

12. suzijedi

suzijedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2006
    Spotted this on the Starwars.com forum:

The 30th Star Wars Anniversary being held at NUFC Ground, ( Newcastle upon Tyne) is in aid of the Sunshine Fund for disabled children. For full event details Phone 087 043 836 87. David Prowse and the UK Garrison (UKG) will be in attendance. The highlight of the fun packed weekend will be a Fancy dress dinner on the evening Sat 21st April. Also included we hope, will be a 'meet and greet' for Families, a private cinema show with David and UKG and also Sunday lunch. Hope to see you there

13. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    Well, I'll be with you Spike mate if you can confirm for sure your event on the 21st.

Although the NUFC event sounds good, it was afterall the UKGs event first and foremost and at the end of the day, friends come first. [:D]

If its spread over a weekend, then maybe there may be room for something on the Sunday. We'll see.

14. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Well, the 21st is what my co-group workers booked it for, so I'm thinking it's just about confirmed.

15. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    ...just had word back about this event and RL have decided not to participate...its the UKGs event and we'll let them do what they do best...sorry guys - I wont be in Newcastle for that event, but have fun anyone that goes!

As for the 21st in Boro....now thats all go for Spikes event and I will be there for sure. [face_dancing]

Fond memories of the last one....
    [image=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y212/edgejedi88/RL%20NSPCC%20Boro%20200506/201_0151.jpg]
    [image=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y212/edgejedi88/RL%20NSPCC%20Boro%20200506/201_0144.jpg]

16. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Update on the location. It's in Sedgefield, at the cricket club.

17. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    Most excellent dude. I will be there and try to convince the others from Rebel Legion to come too.

18. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Still want me to e-mail RL's events coordinator guy?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.