main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Star Wars corn maze in Geneva

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by wookie_cookie, Sep 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wookie_cookie

wookie_cookie Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2001
    Star Wars Corn maze
    October 1st-30th
    V & W Farms
    5268 Pre-Emption Road
    Geneva, NY
    11am-5pm

$5 per person, discounts for groups of 20 or more

This year's maze features the SW logo and the heads of Yoda and Darth Vader.

They also have Fright Nights, which are haunted hayrides through the woods behind the maze. No specific dates on these yet, but the newspaper says mid-October on Friday and Saturday evenings. $10 per person.

Can we fit this on the schedule somewhere? :D

2. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Oh, yeah! That sounds so cool!

I think doing one of the Friday evening ones might fit better in my schedule since all my Sat & Suns in Oct are already mostly booked.

~Doc_Bev

3. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    What's funny about this, is two years ago JediAgent and I went up to this (I believe the maze that year was Pecos Bill on a bull or something) and we wore our jedi costumes to collect our map.

Who needs a flashlight when you have a lightsaber? ;)

4. TX4277

TX4277 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    Agreed this sounds great. Some of us were talking and it would be cool if one Fright Night we could be the "fright." Or at least I'm sure an appearance event (perhaps for the Red Cross Katrina relief or another charity) would be worth investigating?

Wookie_Cookie, I would be happy to try to coordinate something if you would like, or would you be interested in making contact with them?

In the interim do we have interest here, suggestions, days, etc?

5. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Ok yea we'd be in for it.

Can we mention this to the tranquility & maybe have this be our substitute maize event?

6. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Absolutely!
    I've added it to the USS Tranquility's meeting agenda.

~Doc_Bev

7. wookie_cookie

Sep 22, 2001
    You can contact them Mike. :) Now I just have to keep my fingers crossed that I'll get a Friday night off in mid-October. :p

8. Ayka

Ayka Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2005
    You could always request it off ^_^.

9. wookie_cookie

Sep 22, 2001
    I can try, but I already asked for the 1st off for a friend's wedding and then I'm on vacation from the 26th to Nov 3. But I'm going out of state, so I won't be around. But the maze is everyday, so at least I know I'll be able to go sometime in October. :D

10. TD-027

TD-027 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2004
    Count LIsa and I in. Sounds Fun, but, no strollers or kids for us this tiome :).

11. nevetsmlahh

nevetsmlahh Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2005
    depends on my work scheduale, hopefully I'll make it. but if I can get overtime then i'll work to catch my bills up.

12. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    Last night I spoke with our sister-in-law who lost her husband last month, they are very interested in joining us especially if we can go on a Friday night in October. She thought her son, Josh would love to use his new lightsaber instead of a flashlight to guide their way. ;)

13. wookie_cookie

Sep 22, 2001
    I drove by a sign today that said "Sat & Sun". One of my co-workers said last year they only had the "fright night" the weekend before Halloween, but maybe that is changed this year? The newspaper made it sound like the maze part was at least open every day between 1st-the 30th, but I guess that was incorrect. :(

14. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    If it's anything like Long Acre corn maze I would assume it's only open on the weekends. From what I understand, during the week they have regular farm work to do so they can only run the maze on their "days off".

~Doc_Bev

15. TX4277

Apr 6, 2005
    I left a message for the people running this shindig with some information and my contact details. With luck they will contact me soon and we can start coordinating something. Even if they only do the fright night right before Haloween, they may be willing to do something on another Friday with us.

more to follow...

Mike

16. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    TX4277 - Did you ever hear back from anyone?

~Doc_Bev

17. TX4277

Apr 6, 2005
    Well all, I have had absolutely ZERO luck getting in touch with someone at the corn maze. I've tried stopping by, calling and have left my cell phone number to boot.

Perhaps we can appear elsewhere if we want more events to do... I know that Genesee CC is doing a Katrina fundraiser, Fairport has a big Scarecrow festival with lots of entertainment...

Mike

18. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    I thought we were just trying to confirm when it was open so that we can decide when to go as a group?

19. wookie_cookie

Sep 22, 2001
    I was gonna go next Sunday the 9th, I don't know if I'll get another day off on the weekend in October. They keep changing my schedule. :(

20. TX4277

Apr 6, 2005
    A co-worker got a flyer from Hansen's corn maze which is the one at the address referenced by wookie_cookie soo... here's the dl:

10a-5p Saturdays and Sundays Oct 1-Oct 30
    Open Columbus Day 10a-3p

9 acre maze
    wagon rides
    Straw Tower
    Giant "sling shot"
    Fiid
    U-Pick Pumpkins

I can provide directions for anyone needing 'em but mapquest/googlemaps works too...

Do I hear costumed romp in the maze, group outing, or every-person-for-themselves?

Mike

21. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    I was thinking of a group walk through the maze but do we want to risk our costumes on the proverbial mudbath a cornfield can lead to?

Provided the weather stays dry, I will retract my statements but usually when I hit a corn maze or a field in later october, it can get messy.

Cant anyone find a haunted hayride at night? :)

22. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I would vote for group outing if we can all go the same day. I think the 30th is the only Sat or Sun I have free unfortunately.

I think that club t-shirts/sweatshirts would be most appropriate for this outing. Some folks costumes just are meant for corn mazes.

~Doc_Bev

23. wookie_cookie

Sep 22, 2001
    Williamson has a great haunted hayride. We got tickets at Wegmans last year, I don't think they've started quite yet though. It is called Haunted Hayride of Greater Rochester. I found this info here:

http://www.wbee.com/pages/130536.asp

All rides begin at dusk.  Purchase tickets at Wegmans Video Departments for just $13 (plus service fee).  Tickets are $15 at the gate.  We'll 'scare' you there!

24. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    Yea I've been on that one years ago, it's great fun

25. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Anyone else free on the 30th to go to the Geneva maze?

~Doc_Bev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.