main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Costume?

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by paulinnate_worcester, Jan 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paulinnate_worcester

paulinnate_worcester Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2005
    Hi there,

This might be a long shot, but i'm wondering if anyone in the Boston / Worcester area would have a stormtrooper costume or vader costume they would like to rent me for a few days. I have an 80s party to attend on Thursday Jan 20th and there is nothing I'd more than to go as a storm trooper. Vader would be nice too... Any star wars character from Empire or Jedi would work out nice.

Of course I'd be happy to pay for the rental and give you some sort of deposit for the loan. I'm a 30 year old responsible star wars fan that would treat the costume like it was my own.

Thanks for your help! Feel free to email me directly if you can help me out.

Thanks!!
    Paul - paulinnate@yahoo.com
    508-854-0902

2. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Unfortunately I don't think there's anyone here with a costume to help you out...but maybe you'll have some luck, who knows. Good luck with that.

Since you're a Star Wars fan, you might want to drop by here more often...or even come to one of our meetings! :) New members are always welcome. If you have any questions about our group, let me know!

3. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Paul

Have you tried the larger costume shops in Boston? It would seem to me one of them will have at least Vader. And you might be able to rent it at a discount rate since prime-time for them is around Halloween.

4. paulinnate_worcester

Jan 14, 2005
    Thanks for the response guys...

I knew it wouldn't be easy to find one to borrow. I live close to a halloween shop in Worcester so i might have luck there over the weekend, but thought i'd try the forum first. Amazing storm trooper suits on ebay, but not cheap by any means.

Thanks for the offer for info on the get togethers... i signed up for starwars get togethers on meetup.com, but never got any info. I've been reading theforce.net for years and i have no idea why i never looked into attending one of your events.

Any thing good coming up... what does everyone do when they get together? I'm sure there is something posted on the next one. Be cool to meet some of you.

be in touch, i'll let you know how i make out with my costume hunt. i really don't want to have to dress up as a member of twisted sister..

thanks!

Paul

5. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Good luck with your search for a costume, hopefully you will find what you need. In the meantime, welcome to the boards. :)

6. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Paul

I'm surprised you haven't seen the January meet thread yet, but I'll point you to it...here. All the details will be found there or on links from there.

Hope to see you there. :D

7. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Paul, you probably didn't have much luck with meetup.com because there's no Boston Meetup Star Wars group. There's one in Providence though. But hey, at least you found us eventually. :)

Thanks for posting the link to the meet thread Richie! If you are curious about other things we've done, you can just scroll down the page to look at some of our past meet threads. Last month we did a joint meet with Rhode Squadron (the RI FanForce) at Borders in South Attleboro. We played Epic Duels (which you should try if you haven't, a really fun game, especially in a large group), talked and ate. In November we did the Super Megafest convention in Framingham as our meet. In October we went to Salem, in September we had a cookout...our activities range from low-key, informal get-togethers to actual outings. But we always have fun, no matter what we do!

We meet once a month. If you can't make the meet on the 30th, hopefully you can come to the next one. :)

8. paulinnate_worcester

Jan 14, 2005
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

I did get the info on the meet on Jan 30th. Very good idea for a spot to whoever thought of it. I have no plans on that date so i don't see a reason why i wouldn't be able to make it out. I'm really looking forward to meeting some other fans. Have a good week!

Thanks again!

9. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Great! I imagine some of us will be wearing our Boston Rebels t-shirts (most likely the navy blue version, since we'll be playing laser tag and white stands out a bit ;)). I'll edit my post with a picture of the shirt soon...

If you have trouble finding us and have a cell phone, one of us could PM you our number ahead of time.

10. paulinnate_worcester

Jan 14, 2005
    Hi again,

For anyone that followed my Pursuit for a storm trooper costume last week, it turns out that i dressed as a heavy metal hair band guy instead. It was my company's annual sales meeting and they had an 80s party.

So here i am in my boring outfit when someone tells me to turnaround... There it was, a full blown, totally perfect stormtrooper walking around the party. I couldn't believe it...

After a few drinks, i finally went and talked to him. Nice guy, lives in Indianapollis and he made the suit a few years ago. I guess he is organizing a party on one of the nights during the start wars confrence in indy. He said he usually gets about 1000 people to his party and this year he is working on getting some of the actors. i guess chewbacca already confirmed. Peter something (forgot his last name right now, i'm sure everyone else knows it) he is also working on getting natalie portman, but nothing has been confirmed with her.

So pretty exciting stuff. I'm sure some of you have been to the celebration confrence. I think i'm debating on going this year. I hear you wait in lines all day but it would be a good thing to see. Probably be the most exciting one to date with the final move coming out.

Can any one presuade me in thinking its more than just waiting in lines?

talk soon!
    Paul

11. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Hi Paul! There are several of us planning on attending Celebration III in April...we have a thread on it here. I'm planning on attending the party you mentioned, I bought my ticket last weekend! And the Peter you're talking about is Peter Mayhew. ;)

You should definitely go if you're even slightly interested. This is going to be the biggest Star Wars event in quite some time, perhaps ever. Sure, there will be lines, but hopefully this con will be better managed than the last one. The greatest parts for me will be being able to hang out with my friends from all over, meeting people I have thus far only talked to on these boards, and meeting some new celebs. It's all about the people interaction for me. Sure, there will be other cool things too, but it's the people that are going to make the experience worth it. :)

You should decide soon, as hotel availability is extremely limited, unless you have someone you could stay with in Indy.

12. JediFonger

JediFonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 10, 1999
    have ya'll called:

http://www.bostoncostume.com/

? it's right near Chinatown on Kneeland.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.