main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars costumes / uniforms ....

Discussion in 'Archive: Winston-Salem, NC' started by spooky-kid, Mar 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    So got a Star Wars costume of some kind. Tell us what ya got and whom you serve........

But be warned of what gets said to you if you willingly announce your Lightsider devotion.

Well everyone, my stormtrooper armor kit came in the mail yesturday. Now I just need to get it assembled and I'll be ready to serve the Empire. :D

2. LDS_Abinadi

LDS_Abinadi Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2004
    Was it a kit that you purchased or the materials to make/mold the armor? I have seen some insturction on the internet on how to make it but I am not confident enough in my abilities to spend time on fruitless experimentation... Just curious. Thanks.

3. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    It's a kit that still needs to be assembled.

Nice ta meet ye LDS. :)
    Welcome to our boards.

4. Padawan311

Padawan311 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2002
    I recently bought a kit of the Stormtrooper Armor, mine still needs to be assembled as well. I am also waiting to get other things I need as well, such as a neck seal, body suit and boots. If I dont make the April 2nd deadline, I should have it all together by May 19th for sure. Taking my boots awhile since they had to be custom ordered. :(

5. LDS_Abinadi

Dec 30, 2004
    Thanks for the welcome!

Where can you get the kits? I would be interested in a clone trooper style kit.

6. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    I got mine from Hollywood FX

7. STARDOG-D-JEDI

STARDOG-D-JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    OH!! MAN!! Talked to this guy today that works at the shoe repair store in Madison and he's going to make my custom designed Anakin Jedi shine guards for my boots. I'm going down there tomorrow and work out the deal!!!

Can't wait!

8. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    Chris, what have you found out? Are we gonna put our kits together tonight? [face_praying]

9. LDS_Abinadi

Dec 30, 2004
    Interesting. I work in Madison. I assume you are talking about the cobbler in town? I have had some shoe repair done there. Very reasonable and nice as well.

10. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    Tonight will be my first night preparing to serve the Empire.

Hail Spookious !!!..... I mean Palpatine! :p

11. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    Welcome LDS, I live in Greensboro but I also work in Madison. Nice to meet you!

Chris

12. STARDOG-D-JEDI

Oct 11, 2002
    OK! OK! This is too weird. Were do you guys work in Madison?? We should meet up and get some lunch or something one day. And yes the shoe guy down town is very cool.

13. LDS_Abinadi

Dec 30, 2004
    Withhout disclosing too much personal info on-line, I do the internet development/e-commerce, etc. for a company close to the high school. I would be glad to do lunch.

By the way - can someone post a link to the Hollywood FX site? I can't seem to find it in a search. Thanks,

Jeff

14. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    Sure, Lunch one day would be great. I work for a large Screenprinting company over in the Academy St./311 area.

Chris

15. STARDOG-D-JEDI

Oct 11, 2002
    I very much agree with the getting personal over the internet thing. I work in Mayodan at a textlile plant. Well how about one day next week??

11:00 Am or 12:00pm is good for me. I work 2nd shift so I'm open for lunch but I have to be back home no later than 1:30pm to get ready for work.

Look forward to meeting you guys.

16. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    Where's this lunch thing gonna go down at?

Well Chris and I w/ the help of Shane(a 501st member) got atleast half way through putting my armor together last night. Hopefully it'll get finnished tonight. [face_worried]

long live the Empire!

17. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    Well I proudly served the Empire in my new Armor this weekend at KB Toys.

It's true, hot chicks do dig a man in white shiny armor :D

18. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    Glad to hear you got it finished, thats awesome. Did you meet back up with Shane on Friday and finish everything up? I am going to be working on mine alittle at a time this week.

19. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    No, he wouldn't answer his phone. I kept getting the answering machine and he never returned my calls. I need to go back and fix a few things before C3. DON'T DO THE TAPE ALL THE WAY TO THE EDGE. Especially on the shin pieces. that tape will rub that grey adhesive on your boots, now I gotta figure out what's the best way to clean that off of them. My left shin piece kept turning to the left so that the seam wouldn't match up with the thigh piece. I need some kind of foam for my arm pieces so they'lll stay a little more stationary (is that the right word?)

I still need to get my helmet together, I ended up borrowing a friends. I want to get that together and triked out before C3. Meaning fans and voice amp. If you know someone that'll help, let me know.

20. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    I dont know anyone else right off the top of my head. I hate he didnt answer his phone, I dont know whats up with that. I told him I sent his rivet gun home with you, I am sure he will be in touch if he wants that back. Glad you got to borrow a helmet and troop though. I will let you know if I hear from him or find anyone else that can help us.

21. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    Here's some pics from Saturday.... last one is w/ a girl I have a crush on. Of course she has a freakin boyfriend. Seems like every girl I get attracted to has a significant other. [face_plain]

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v164/spooky-kid/Star%20Wars%20celebrities%20and%20Me/infrontofSWsection.jpg]

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v164/spooky-kid/Star%20Wars%20celebrities%20and%20Me/infrontoftheSWsection2.jpg]

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v164/spooky-kid/Star%20Wars%20celebrities%20and%20Me/with_thekids.jpg]

I have no idea why the second pic isn't working

22. jkg_vader

jkg_vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Spooky, it was soooo great to see you, IN ARMOR, at C:III!!!!!

LDS, we have lots to talk about...my hubby and I are in the Kinston Ward/Stake.

As to my costumes, I've got 3 Jedi's (1 dark Jedi), ANH Leia, Slave Leia, Stormtrooper, Imp Officer, Ysane Isard (imp intel), Rouge Squadron Dress Uniform, and that's it! I used to have a Royal Gaurd, but I never wore it, so I sold it recently on EBay.

23. STARDOG-D-JEDI

Oct 11, 2002
    I would like to see that Slave Leia... For sure.

24. Jedi_Power_GV

Jedi_Power_GV Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2004
    Spooky... I have always wanted a stormtrooper outfit and have been looking to buy one. I definately do not have the time or the skill to make one.

1. Where did you buy it?

2. How much did it cost?

25. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    I got it from Mara_Jade_Fan. Do a search for her here on the boards. She's in San Diego I think. All the white parts was $450-ish.

JKG_Vader, it was good seein' you and your hubby again(in armor). Who was it that was staying with you? I didn't get a chance to say good bye to them. He was really cool and I hope to hang out with him again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.