main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars costumes / uniforms ....

Discussion in 'Archive: Winston-Salem, NC' started by spooky-kid, Mar 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LDS_Abinadi

LDS_Abinadi Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2004
    JKG_Vader - That is great. I am the G'boro stake. It is good to hear from you. I finally got my costume taken care of. It is very Mace Windu'ish and it is as authentic as possible based on various jedi in the sw movies. Took way more time and resources than I imagined it would. But it is done.

Any idea where you guys will be watching the movie?

2. Padawan311

Padawan311 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2002
    It has been decided we will be going to the Palladium in High Point for the Line Party/Midnight opening for ROTS. I just bought my ticket online this morning. I will be there as a Stormtrooper, man its going to be AWESOME!

Chris

3. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    So we got 6 501st(troopers) for the Palladium in High Point. Anyone know a Vader member of the 501st that lives in this area?

4. Beyond_the_Stars

Beyond_the_Stars Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2005
    Well...here goes nothin'

I, Blake of NCSA...pledge allegiance to the Lightside.

A JEDI SHALL NOT KNOW FEAR! I AM A JEDI! LIKE MY FATHER BEFORE ME!

lol, okay--all in fun...most of my costumes revolve around Luke Skywalker. Being that I resemble the whiney farmboy most. My first costume I ever did--way back in 2001 for AotC was Luke's ANH costume with the poncho, goofy hat, and goggles from the deleted scenes. My next costume was in 2003 for an event in Wilmington (where I used to live) called Fanboy's where I dressed as Luke in an X-Wing uniform, helmet and all. I also managed to find an old Hasbro Han Solo blaster from 1997 on Ebay, spray it black and belted it. Unfortunately, I am sans lightsaber. But, I have recently ordered the ESB replica from ThinkGeek.com, and it is being put to use for my current costume project for RotS...
    Luke's costume at the finale of ANH

5. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    well, we still hope to see you at the Palladium,

lightsider :p

6. VinkFloyd

VinkFloyd Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2000
    "last one is w/ a girl I have a crush on. Of course she has a freakin boyfriend."

gee, that's amusing. the freakin boyfriend happens to be my cousin.

7. VinkFloyd

Sep 28, 2000
    oh yeah. this thread was about costumes.

mine's a jedi costume cobbled together from bits and pieces.

my boots are rather interesting. i've had them since 1995 when i did my senior class musical "seven brides for seven brothers" at west forsyth. they are kinda native americanish moccasin style. they go mid-calf and have tassles. not neccessarily jedi-style, but i like diversity. luke wore black. aayla secura wears straps of leather.

pants are standard black khaki style. simple black t-shirt. then there's my tunic. well-made by a lady who does costumes for our theatre company in lewisville. i decided on a forrest green color after watching Hero. i dug all the greens during that one scene and was looking for something unique for my costume, so there ya go.

i have a hooded cape as a cloaking device. it's black. i dig it.

and, of course, my weapon...

i've broken TWO different MR FX sabers to date. f'n HATE them. they are so weak. at least, they were. i've heard the new ones are more durable. but anyway, F MR and their crappy anakin AotC and Luke RotJ sabers.

i went back to parks. parks sabers KICK ASS and TAKE A BEATING. you can't break a parks saber, and the blade is removable. who needs sound effects anyway? parks made me a beautiful double-ended maul back during episode ii. but i sold in in favor of the "officially licensed" crap from MR. i now have a simple Rogue with a blue blade. it's great. can't break it.

8. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    great! now I can expect that Chris guy to come kick my butt. This sucks! [face_worried]

9. VinkFloyd

Sep 28, 2000
    no. kris is not coming. he's not a star wars geek. well, he may either give his brother a ride to or from the theater, but i'm not %100 sure.

10. LDS_Abinadi

Dec 30, 2004
    I too have a Parks Saber. I bought the defiance and have a purple and a green blade. You are right vink... they are incredible.

11. STARDOG-D-JEDI

STARDOG-D-JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    Well my shine guards are finished for my Anakin costume and they look great!! Getting my leather tunic together this wed. The Spook loaned me the cloak. THANKS DUDE. So the Dog is ready for the 18th!!.

Park Sabers do ROCK!! I have one with the aqua blade and the handle has the agua coils that light up. It's Freakin!!! Cool!!! But I can't seem to remeber it's name. I guess it's called Stardog's saber?? LOL!!

12. VinkFloyd

Sep 28, 2000
    sounds like an echelon, stardog.
    i could go check, but i have some serious questing to do in world of warcraft. i hit 59 today.

13. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    got speakers for my aerators now if I can just get them installed.

14. Padawan311

Padawan311 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2002
    Very cool Spooky, a voice amp or aerator speakers are next on my list as well.

15. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    Hopefully Stacey (TK B.I.G.) will help me install it before next Wednesday.

16. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    Man, I'm starting to become a local celebrity. Here's me again on newsarama website....

Free Comic Book Day

Our Fan Force member Stardog made it on the front cover of the News and Record today in his dark side anakin/pre-suit Vader costume.

2005 -Year of the Secret Sith Society

17. jkg_vader

jkg_vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    "I would like to see that Slave Leia... For sure. "

Here you go!

http://www.requiemoftheoutcast.com/roto/extras/c3leias/images/100_1793.jpg

LDS, are you going to ConCarolinas? We'd love to meet you!

Spooky, are you going? You'd better!

We had so much fun at our premeire. I went as Vader, and my husband was one of my stormtroopers.

go to www.costumec.com for pics.

18. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    Think I am but, I'm not sure which days yet.

19. jkg_vader

Jul 31, 2003
    "The Spook loaned me the cloak. "

hmmmm.......would I recognize this cloak Spooky????

20. LDS_Abinadi

Dec 30, 2004
    JKG_Vader - I am sorry that I won't be able to attend. I have youth conference stuff that I am workingon that weekend. I would love to go and meet you guys. We'll have to plan to meet at a future event. I had so much fun at the Palladium premiere that I am excited to do more SW stuff... Thanks for the note!

21. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    yep, that's your work he was wearing Janine. ;)

22. jkg_vader

Jul 31, 2003
    Youth conf????!!!!! Yeah like that's important??? oh wait it is! I always loved going to mine as a young woman...it was always a great chance to flirt with the young men...no wait, I mean it was very spiritual...

No seriously, I have very fond memories of my Youth Conf. ConCarl is super fun though.

Spooky, glad to see my work out there! You are going to troop at ConCarl right?

23. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    I believe so... if I can afford to.

man, the new virus scan/firewall is blocking me from the 501st boards at work. :(

24. Admiral_Ozzel

Admiral_Ozzel Jedi Master star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    I have a Jedi costume right now, I figured I should start with an easy one first. I am saving some cash right now for some armor, but it seems a little slow going. Oh well, I have alot of time until C4.[face_devil]

25. LDS_Abinadi

Dec 30, 2004
    I have been trying for some time to figure out how and where to get a storm/clone trooper kit. Does anyone know how I can get hold of one. I'd be happy with Jango/Boba as well. Usually a quick search on goole gets you what you want. This is just an enigma to me. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.