main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Star Wars costumes

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Schph_Gochi, Oct 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DestinyFroste

DestinyFroste Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2002
    [color=660099]Yeah, thats what I needed the hair for...well, need. That hair is very blond, and only temporary for me to experiment with on how to attach it.[/color]

2. DestinyFroste

Nov 6, 2002
  3. MusicTrooper

MusicTrooper Jedi Master star 4

Feb 22, 2005
    Gina, my kind of ..........avant garde trend setter.

4. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
  5. flippingyodacola

flippingyodacola Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2003
    COOL!!!!!!
    What'd they cost you?

Heres a page that might help you out, Gina. They stopped updating it, but it does have good tips. I hope I didn't send this to you yet..
    http://www.quinnster.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

6. DestinyFroste

Nov 6, 2002
    [color=660099]Around $70 total with shipping.

You had not given me that link yet, I have been looking at it for a few minutes now and it seems very helpful. Thanks! I might need to have you play with the extensions at the meeting...lol.[/color]

7. DestinyFroste

Nov 6, 2002
    [color=660099]Oh yeah, and back to the meeting times: 11am works for me for sewing, how about everyone else?[/color]

8. S-Suntoucher

S-Suntoucher Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2004
    Ok, this is Suntoucher's wife, Jitka, who can't be bothered to register yet. :) Just wanted to say hi, and we're hoping to get to some of the stuff coming up. It only really became feasible recently, what with his new job and all.

I've been doing costuming for about 6 months now, although not Star Wars costuming. I know a few tricks... for instance, someone said earlier that they need a dress form, and I know a cheap way to make one yourself, completely custom. I'm planning our costuming for Celebration, although it's nothing like the movies. I like to be... hmm... original? Different? Something like that.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and let y'all know who we are and what the heck we're doing. We're planning to come to the lightsabre construction workshop. Suntoucher's made his own sabre before (note to self, get him a Dremel!), but although I've got ideas, I have no idea how to translate them from my head to reality.

I'm also willing and able to offer my sewing 'expertise' (such as it is) pretty much any time. Within reason, of course. :)

Um. So. Hi. I'm Jitka Suntoucher, and I'm a costuming addict.

(Oh, quick question... is the lightsabre workshop at 1 pm or 2 pm? I thought it was 2, but up there it says 1. I ask because I can be there by 1, if I don't get lost, but Suntoucher... Sah'ar, to use his first name... will definitely be late if it's at 1:00, and if he's late, I probably will be, too... it's always better to be lost together. :)

Also, should we bring anything?)

9. DestinyFroste

Nov 6, 2002
    [color=660099]It was me looking into a dress form, I think I know the method you are probably thinking of, but I want to get an adjustable one so that I can use it to make things for other people as well.

As for the meeting, when it was discussed we decided it would be back at 2pm, however...as often happens, it got mixed up because last month was indeed at 1pm. I figure people will be wrapping up sewing at that point, and people will arrive gradually as well, so you two arriving at 2pm should not be a problem.

Bring anything you want to work on, or pictures of what you want to work on, or anything you have made and want to show, etc.

Okay, enough net for me, I need to actually go do some sewing![/color]

10. S-Suntoucher

S-Suntoucher Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2004
    Actually, it was Pen Guin who was looking for the dress form.

The meeting is at FlippingYodaCola's, right?

11. DestinyFroste

Nov 6, 2002
    [color=660099]Hmm...that makes two of us then I guess...lol...

Yeah, its at FYC's (I hate typing that name out...lol)[/color]

12. flippingyodacola

Oct 27, 2003
    You can just call me FYC if ya'd like.
    Email me or PM me for the address and stuff if you dont already have it.
    Bring anything youd like..
    Gina, How many pairs of contacts, or is it two individual ones?
    Where'd you get them from? Im looking for a pair in red.

13. DestinyFroste

Nov 6, 2002
    [color=660099]Emma: The red ones I bought come one per vile for 30something. The blue ones I got 6 to a pack. I bought them through visiondirect.com.

NEW PICTURES!!!!!! 501st asked for some high res shots, so I donned the costume once again (after some needed improvments and here are the pictures:

Front shot
    Left side shot
    Right side shot[/color]

14. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    I had ordered my boots Next Day delivery a week ago, but they still haven't arrived as they're on back order. (I didn't have enough credit on my card to order online until last week. I also wanted to check out a saddlery shop that might have had what I was looking for, but it didn't work out.) I hope they arrive next week. Obviously, I won't be painting them today, but I'll need some tips on doing that.

I'm going to have to put off making a Quinlan saber until I have the rest of the costume ready, but it'll still be very informative to see how to make one in person.

If there's a DVD player available, I could have a surprise to show everyone. (Hint: I couldn't make the March costume club meeting as I was at Marscon, where two music videos made their world premieres.)

Phil

15. flippingyodacola

Oct 27, 2003
    There is indeed, and I will bring it down once you get here so we can plug it up to the tv, Phil. I hope we have some seamstresses to help us out today, because Phyllis cant make it! *gasp!*
    Also, we have more promotional snacks then you thought you could handle.

16. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    Completed my Fett ESB Movie Sized Helmet(MSH).

It was a long road filled with pitfalls of paint reactions and mandibles flares but it is finished and I'm pretty damn happy with it.

I documented the whole process in pictures. Complete with paint reaction pics. It was BAAAAADDD!!
    http://www.darthgoat.com/images/MSH_build/MSH_build.html

I'll have it with me today so you guys can have a look.

17. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    That's awesome! At CIII we'll have to break it in by filling it with liquor and let everyone drink out of it. At least that's how the Mandalorians do it (well they fill theirs with Wookiee blood, but same effect).

Bosh

18. DestinyFroste

Nov 6, 2002
    [color=660099]Just thought I would post a few more group name ideas. I was thinking, all we have are su...sudle...sutle...how they heck to you spell that...refrences. I like how Black Sun and Errant Venture are both taken directly from the EU, so here are a few that I liked:

THE NAME - WHAT IT IS; GROUP, PLACE, ETC. (WHERE ITS FROM)

*Circus Horrificus - Group (Tales from Jabba's Palace)
    *Coral Vanda - Ship (Dark Force Rising)
    *Court of the Fountain - Place (Tales from the Mos *Eisley Cantina)
    *Ecliptic Evaders - Group (Customizable Card Game)
    *Festival of Hoods - Ceremony (Ewoks)
    *Galactic Voyager - Ship (Darksaber)
    *Hapes Concsortium - Group (The Courtship of Princess Leia, Children of the Jedi, Young Jedi Knights)
    *Hyperspace Marauder - Ship (Dark Empire)
    *Jewel of Churba - Ship (Wedge's Gamble)
    *Project Decoy - group (Queen of the Empire)

If anyone wants to know the definition of these, they are all taken from the Star Wars Encyclopedia, so either as me to define or get off your lazy web surfing butts and look it up yourself ;)

And if people dont start giving feedback...I am gonna turn all Palpy on you...MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Okay...time to sew more and get less sleep...[/color]

19. Hawk-Bat

Hawk-Bat Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 2003
    WOW THAT HELMET IS AWSOME! FILL WITH LIQUOR YOU WILL NOT!

20. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    Thanks for the compliments. I think Bosh's was a compliment.

I can't say I'm a fan of any of those names. Do we need to have a name? Can't it just be CF Costume Club?

21. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    Although "Circus Horrificus" has an interesting ring to it.

Subtle.

22. DarthAstuart

DarthAstuart Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    it's going to be a circus horrificus, whether you call it that or not.

23. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    Stop being such a jerk Astuart! Gosh!!!

:p

24. Dex_Luminara

Dex_Luminara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2004
    Napolean Darthamite

"Hey Napolean...gimme some tots, man!""

25. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    My GF will be in town in June, and has agreed to show costumers how to do Face Casting (one of the classes she teaches at her university). It would have to be a 2 day class (either Saturday & Sunday...or 2 classes in 2 weekends.)

A face cast lets you create masks and prosthetics using latex and what-not. She says it's pretty cheap too (20 bucks or so). The cast is good for as long as you take care of it.

Anyone be interested in this?

Bosh

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." -OW

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.