Star Wars costumes

Discussion in 'Chicago, IL' started by Schph_Gochi, Oct 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DestinyFroste Jedi Knight

star 3
    [color=660099]Sunday is set back at the original time of 2pm. Being that we are going to be only 18 days from the movie at that point, who needs to come early for sewing (You know, sometimes I wonder if we should not just change it so the meetings start earlier...LOL)?

My sewing machine zonked out on me Tuesday night before leaving for CIII as a testiment to how much I had been using it and I had to finish my Bespin Leia cape by hand. As a result, my machine is currently in the shop and I have NOTHING to sew on (yes I am having withdraw). So, being that I was planning on using this month to sew for ACen, I will be bringing all that schtuff with me on Sunday. Anyone know how to make a sailor school girl blouse?[/color]
  2. Schph_Gochi Jedi Master

star 4
    I have my niece's First Communtion Party on Sunday...

I might be able to come early and help with a little sewing...but have to hit the road by about 2:30 pm...

what sewing projects are out there?

Emma.....what do you feel like doing? An early session for sewing...or are you and your Dad busy?
  3. darthgoat Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm probably out for Sunday. I'm sick as hell right now. Really bad congestion, thanks C3.
  4. flippingyodacola Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well, I thought Phil might need to work on his Jedi Costume. We aren't doing anything that morning, and I don't mind waking up early, so anyone is welcome to get here whenever.
    Lothos, You could TOTALLY make a better costume then that...
  5. Lothos Jedi Knight

star 2
    I don't think so. I have little to no money, and I'm not skilled with my hands in any way, shape, or form.
  6. flippingyodacola Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well see thats what we have sewing machines here for. And thats why we scrounge. Hell the fabric alone would only cost you like 40$ tops for robe and tunic (if you shop Emma style...) And then the work would just take time. Its pretty easy once you get the hang of it.
    Do you still have my address on your hand?
  7. DestinyFroste Jedi Knight

star 3
    [color=660099]Lothos: And there is a wonderful little fabric store right down the street from Emma's. One stop shopping!

*getting the no-sewing-machine-twitches*[/color]
  8. darthgoat Jedi Master

star 4
    Anyone can make a saber..anyone. Seriously that is the truth.

Anyway, I'm out for Sunday. I have way too much to do.
  9. Lothos Jedi Knight

star 2
    Ok, ok. You've twisted my arm.

This sunday, if I fail to attend the Chocolate festival in Longgrove with the family, and if I can find a ride from Des Plaines, I will drop in on the meeting to investing the possibility of making my own tunic and robe.
  10. Mos_Eisleian_Radio FanForce CR Secretary Chicago IL US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    How about 10:00 A.M. to work on robes? Or is that too early? I still haven't received the boots I ordered almost 4 weeks ago, so this could still crash and burn. Sigh.

Phil
  11. jps78 Force Ghost

star 1
    Hey can anyone tell me whats the best way to make a imperial officers uniform
  12. DestinyFroste Jedi Knight

star 3
    [color=660099]*twitch twitch* This weekend is the...cho..cho..chocol...ate..te festival? *twitch twitch*[/color]
  13. flippingyodacola Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hah... Awww Gina, You really want to gain that wait back that you lost at CIII?

Lothos.. Do you need my address?
  14. Lothos Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well, I'm going to the Chocolate festival anyway, so I can't make it to the meeting.

15. DestinyFroste Jedi Knight

star 3
    [color=660099]Must...have...chocolate...to...bring...with...[/color]
  16. MrShiny Jedi Knight

star 1
    jps78 -

I've researched the Imperial Officer (though haven't gotten mine made yet!)

Here are good sites:

http://boards.theforce.net/Costuming_and_Props/b10019/6236159/?89

http://tiger887.tripod.com/ImperialUniform/ImperialUniform.html

The pattern referenced is out of print, but pretty easy to find on eBay.
  17. jps78 Force Ghost

star 1
    thanks MrShiny they had a semilar at C3 but i missed it those links look like they may help
  18. DestinyFroste Jedi Knight

star 3
    [color=660099]The new pattern people seem to be using is McCalls 4745. That is the one I used for Ysanne Isard, though I had to edit the heck out of it. For one you need to attach the top pieces to the bottom (otherwise there is a seem along the waist), then you also have to attach the two back pieces (so that you have a solid back as suppose to a seem down the spine). I changed the sleeve pattern as well, it comes in two pieces, I made a muslin of the two pieces, sewed them together, positioned the sleeve on my arm and then I cut out a seem to be underneath the arm. I also had to take the darn thing in 20 gazillian times, but part of that is using a male pattern to a female body I am sure.[/color]
  19. Schph_Gochi Jedi Master

star 4
    Well Phil...
    I managed to get all the pieces to your tabards, sash, arm wraps and cheater undertunic cut out...at least step one is done...

I hope to get all of it done by Wednesday night and in the mail by Friday....priority shipping will get it to you in time....
    I think I have your home address somewhere on the master list of JC members...

20. JediFalcon25 Jedi Master

star 2
    Can anyone hook me up, or point me to the right direction to find a Boba Fett, or Clone trooper full costume?
  21. flippingyodacola Jedi Knight

star 2
  22. Lothos Jedi Knight

star 2
    I've decided, that due to lac kof budget (saving up for a mac) that I will not be wearing a costume at the show. I will, however bring my lightsabre, and I may wear my GB oufit.

Zach La Voy: The Jedi Ghostbuster...

Yes, I rather like the sound of that....

23. MrShiny Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thanks Destiny - I have a seamstress making the officer for me right now with the McCalls (it also comes in a larger size than the Simplicity). Can e-mail or PM me any more specifics on the mods you did? Taking in i'm sure won't be an issue in my case!
  24. Schph_Gochi Jedi Master

star 4
    Phil...

your Quinlan Vos pieces are in the mail...
    ;)

I now have a splitting headache from late night sewing....you owe me a 55 gallon drum of Excedrin ...and 8 hours of servile work on my prairie....
  25. darthgoat Jedi Master

star 4
    "Can anyone hook me up, or point me to the right direction to find a Boba Fett, or Clone trooper full costume?"

Stay clear of a dealer named Mike Glover. He also has aliases Casters, or USCMGlover. His work is really bad.

For Fett, you realize that this path will take you down a very long road. Fett is one of the most difficult costumes you can attempt because of all the details. The only place to go for Fett info is The Dented Helmet. You will find everything you never knew about Fett.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.