main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Star Wars costumes

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Schph_Gochi, Oct 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthAstuart

DarthAstuart Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    i prefer to think of CIII as the Drunken Wake for Star Wars. seeing the movie will be the funeral.

obligatory OT: maybe I'll dress as a mortician? OR, get this...

we get six of us gussied up in suits and carry a coffin into CIII at the height of the morning rush with a big sign on teh coffin that says "Our Star Wars Fandom."

who's with me???

2. RexGetz

RexGetz Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 13, 2003
    "We get six of us gussied up in suits and carry a coffin into CIII at the height of the morning rush with a big sign on the coffin that says "Our Star Wars Fandom."

Now, that sounds like a great idea. I'm in. [face_devil]

Lily, here is something that you might want to check out. Snowtrooper Helmet

3. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    " who's with me??? "

I'm sure we'll piss off people so I'm in.

We can just make cardboard coffins.

4. flippingyodacola

flippingyodacola Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2003
    Im in, sounds fun. No wait! I wanna be a crying widow! Or family member!

Even better.... have Storm troopers as crying widows!!!! hehe...

5. RexGetz

RexGetz Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 13, 2003
    Are we gonna suit up like the agents from Matrix? We should get name tags that say LFLTD.

6. flippingyodacola

Oct 27, 2003
  7. Dex_Luminara

Dex_Luminara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2004
    I don't need any, but I'd be willing to lend a hand. I wanna learn the vaccu-forming process anyway.

8. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Death by Lucas. I'm in for Matt's idea. We need a wreath that says:

Star Wars
    RIP
    1977-2005

OK, I guess it was actually dead in 1999, but we can pretend it was just diagnosed with terminal illness at that point and held out till '05..

9. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    Making trooper armor is gonna take a long long time. Time is something that you don't have at this point. Just over 4 months to go. Its going to be a rough road.

Good
    Fast
    Cheap

Pick two.

10. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    actually...
    it would be pick one...

if you get two..I'll take good and fast....
    ;)

11. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    Then it aint gonna come cheap! ;)

12. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    FYC, I want to participate, let me know.

13. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    Seeing as this is a public board, you might want to keep the vac-u-forming discussion to emails. Then they will be away from prying eyes if you know what I mean. ;)

14. flippingyodacola

Oct 27, 2003
    Yes sir! Well least now eveyone knows... more or less...

15. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    That's not something you want. I pm'd you.

16. flippingyodacola

Oct 27, 2003
    yeps.. I cant exactly err... edit others posts

17. DarthAstuart

DarthAstuart Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    hey, we can talk about vacu-whatever if we wanna--

oh, hey, mr. lucas.

is that a gun?

oh no! no! nooo!

18. flippingyodacola

Oct 27, 2003
    Im not sure its Lucas we'll get problems from....

19. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    and.....

There are a LOT more costumes out there than just armor.....

To anyone attending the inagural Costuming meeting on January 15th....I plan on bringing all of my Visual Dictionaries and both Essential Guides to Characters....and a ton of other "stuff"

there are a lot of costumes out there....

;)

20. flippingyodacola

Oct 27, 2003
    Ive got tons of stuff here too, Just not the Visual Dictionaries or Encyclopedias or what not...
    Thanks a TON Schph, that should help alot!

21. PenguinJedi

PenguinJedi Jedi Youngling

Dec 24, 2004
    I joined Chicago Force months ago, but wasn't interested in the groups because I didn't see a costuming group. WOOHOO! Now, there will be a costume group. I moved here a year and a half ago, but wasn't involved in any groups here, or even anything in fandom. I am still a member [and the official webmistress, once we get it all up] of my old group from CA, but I'm really only part of it peripherally. I love the gang, but things change, so when I moved here [after living in a virtually sci-fi-free zone...ACK!!], I knew I wanted to get more involved.

I have a question: for years I've done an alternate Jedi style, which was accepted because of the books. my CA group [the Black Fleet] is a little more relaxed than some other groups, and I don't know how Chicago Force is. I guess I can bring that concept to the first meeting and see what happens. It's a Dark Jedi/Black Jedi. Instead of brown and tan robes, I have dark grey and black. I'm mildly concerned because we had one Klingon convert who gave me grief over my choices.

I've been designing costumes for roughly ten years... have a sewing machine, but nowhere near as good as my mother [but I can sew, she's just REALLY, REALLY good.] I do more than just SW, soem of my costumes are just from the attic of my right brain... i.e. very odd, defying cataloguing. I can bring a few pictures to the meeting.

I'm known out there as Pen Guin, so I think it'll just be easier to keep that. And, yes, there is a story behind the name.

Pen Guin

22. Lt_Dak-Ferris

Lt_Dak-Ferris Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2003
    I'm not a costumer, but as a general rule, we are much more of an inclusive group rather than an exclusive one. I'm sure that everyone will be cool with a jedi in black and grey rather than brown and brown. Welcome to Chicago Force!

23. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Welcome Pen Guin, glad you decided to join us!

We don't have any guidelines or rules regarding costuming, the basic goal of the group (as I see it at the moment) is that we're just here to help each other out so we can all express our geekdom through fabric and plastic. ;)

Please stop by to the meeting on the 15th, and bring pictures!

~H~

24. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    ditto...
    Chicago Force doesn't have a code for costumes....
    so ...as far as CF is concerned....I don't see any issues with your Jedi .....

The other costume groups that I am with do.....and the costume that you describe probably would not be acceptable.....the one thing that I have discovered in the past couple years as I have worn my costumes to events is that sometimes even canon costumes aren't recognized by John Q Public...that is the reason I have tried to stay with more screen accurate costumes....there is nothing worse than (when out in the general public....and away from the SW fans) to be asked.....sooooooo what is your costume?

25. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    If I remember correctly, Tate has a black/gray Jedi outfit, and we keep inviting him out to parties. Besides, I think you'll find we like penguins here. Sometimes a bit too much...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.