main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Star Wars costumes

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Schph_Gochi, Oct 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DestinyFroste

DestinyFroste Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2002
    [color=660099]Darn, I wanted to go to that fabric store. That's what I get for not checking the boards as often as usual. Oh well, I will probably go before the next meeting.[/color]

2. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    The fabric store is seriously huge....and Laura, Cheryl and I had a great time looking....we found some perfect fabric for a couple of "Coruscant Nightclub Fashions"....lol...
    Cheryl did find some great fabric for a 2nd outer tunic and inner tunic she wants to make....

The store is closed on Saturday....so since yesterday's meeting was a Sunday, it made an outing to the store very practical. You really should check the place out....

Good to see everyone again...we missed you Bespin Belle...

And thanks to "Lily" for the blaster...it is seriously cool....

3. flippingyodacola

flippingyodacola Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2003
    The next event is the 19th at 11 AM, and it is a Robe Construction Workshop. I look forward to seeing all of you here with your machines, etc, bright and early.

4. DestinyFroste

Nov 6, 2002
    [color=660099]Even for those who cannot find/afford robe fabric but are still interested in making robes at one point, I would still suggest attending to help others, or even making a prototype out of cheeper fabric for a pattern to use later. Trust me, the more you make something, the easier it becomes.[/color]

5. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    Just curious as to how the saber designs are going. Any body have a design they want to post? If not you can pm me with any questions.

I don't think I can make it to the robe workshop but you never know.

6. JediGeek

JediGeek Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 7, 2003
    I still haven't sat down and actually drawn out my saber design yet. Guess I better do that...SOON!! But in my mind I'm planning on it to look something like a cross between Obi-Wan's AOTC and ROTS Sabers. We'll have to see what kind of parts I'll be able to find at the stores.

7. JediGeek

Nov 7, 2003
    So....Who all is going to be at Emma's on Saturday?

8. DestinyFroste

Nov 6, 2002
    [color=660099]I actually have the day off, so I was considering heading up and helping out (since I am not making my own...yet). Also considering hitting up that fabric store...where is it exactly?[/color]

9. BespinBelle

BespinBelle Jedi Master star 1

Feb 8, 2004
    I will be there with a regular machine and a serger. I will have a few other supplies as well, but let me remind everyone to bring:

-fabric (whether your good fabric or just practice)
    -thread
    -pattern
    -pins
    -sharp scissors/shears

If you are bringing your "good" fabric, please remember to wash and dry it tonight (if you haven't already) the way you plan to wash & dry the robe.

DF: Unfortunately, the fabric warehouse isn't open on Saturdays. But there is a Vogue on Roosevelt, just a block or so east of the highway...

10. flippingyodacola

Oct 27, 2003
    We have 3 sewing machines for tomarrow, I dont know if anyone is actually making a Jedi costume, or anything along those lines.
    Everything is ready, hope to see you guys tomarrow...

11. DestinyFroste

Nov 6, 2002
    [color=660099]Darn on the fabric store, I will just have to hit it before the next general meeting.[/color]

12. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    Have a good meeting...take photos...
    I will be slaving over a hot chainsaw instead of a hot sewing machine...

13. JediGeek

Nov 7, 2003
    Well, I'll be there Emma. See ya later!!

14. flippingyodacola

Oct 27, 2003
    Wonderful meeting, Id like to thank everyone that showed up. We definately had alot of fun, and got alot done. Look forward to next time!

15. JediGeek

Nov 7, 2003
    It definitely was alot of fun, and productive! Thanks again to Emma and her Dad for having us!! Your jacket really does look C :cool: :cool:L Emma. And thanks so much to Bespin Belle for all your help. I definitely wouldn't have been able to do it without you!! I learned alot and now I won't be so nervous about using the sewing machine :rolleyes:. :D

By the way...Piggies in a blanket...Mmmmmm!!! [face_laugh]

16. flippingyodacola

Oct 27, 2003
    WOOT!
    Yes, that jacket is definately comming along... As bespinbelle said it, I picked one hard coat to start with.
    JediGeek, You should post pictures! Host them in yahoo photos or somethin, and post a link!

17. flippingyodacola

Oct 27, 2003
    The next official Costuming Club meeting is on the 6th of March, I hope to see all of you there!
    Everyone who came to the meeting yesturday (you know who you are) please send me a PM with the dates that you are available in March.
    Anyone that wants to try to get robes done can come to this meeting, once we figure out the day.
    Thanks.

18. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    I sent out my available dates, which unforuntately limited to that first weekend for the month of March.

Do we need to have another specific robe workshop, or should we make the rest just general 'sewing' workshops.

If the sewers arrive early on Sunday, we could combine the workshop and the monthly meeting.

~H~

19. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    I can make that.

Saber builders should be prepared with their drawings and plans. Maybe we can plan a Home Depot run if needed.

20. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    I will be there...just tell me what to bring...and what the game plan is...
    for me...early is better...let me know

21. DestinyFroste

Nov 6, 2002
    [color=660099]Just in case anyone did not notice the schedual at the top of the page, the meeting is going to be at 1pm on March 6th (as suppose to the past 2pm meetings).

As of now we did not schedual anything further for robes specific. Whoever is making robes, do you want/need another specific workshop or are you okay with just working on them during the general meetings? I know Cheryl said all she needed to do was hem hers, but that she could not do that until she got boots, but I do not know about everyone else.[/color]

22. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    If the meeting starts at 1 pm, how about starting the sewing at 10 am? We can take a break for the group meeting, and then start up again after if needed.

That's assuming we want to have the sewing on the same day as the meeting....

~H~

23. flippingyodacola

Oct 27, 2003
    I dont know who sent out this month in Chicago Force with Gina as the contact for costuming club, but I do hope that everyone has my info, and that no one needs it and will end up emailing Gina.
    It also said that the 6th was also going to be a workshop day, so I guess we will be sewing!
    Oh, and JediGeek, try www.ripway.com, depending on how big your pictures are. Or try www.villagephotos.com or tinypic.com.
    All of them will let you host your photos, and direct link. But even better, send Hazmatt a PM or email and try to get him to post them on the Chicago Force site.
    I hope that helps at least a bit!

24. DestinyFroste

Nov 6, 2002
    [color=660099]Heather suggested those making robes meeting earlier on the 6th, does that work with everyone else? Emma, does that work for you and your family?[/color]

25. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    works for me....will bring a sewing machine in case I can help someone....
    I can come as early as you like...early is always preferable for me...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.