Star Wars Costumes...

Discussion in 'Richmond, VA' started by TGaines1, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TGaines1 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Take a moment to checkout www.museumreplicas.com

Now, when you hit their site, you can checkout all the cool stuff they make but most especially the Star Wars section! Wow! I mean Wow! In the past, one had to go through numerous hoops & hurdles, contacting many makers or spending a lot of time to make a great costume. Doesnt look that way anymore. These guys have some great suits and you know what....Next year, they're gonna mass produce The Stormtrooper and also
    The Biker Scout and Royal Guard! We've gotta keep an eye on these folks as the pics look superb. They got a lot of great comments at Comic Con and Dragon Con for their stuff. A step above the Rubies line it would appear! You can read more about them in the latest issue of Star Wars
    Insider.
  2. James3 Jedi Master

star 4
    Amazing! Wow! So should I just start making my wish list now?
  3. TGaines1 Jedi Knight

star 3
    You'll see that their Imperial officer is running about $600 but that is for the whole kit! Including hat, LEATHER BOOTS, code cylinders, gloves, belt, everything. Plus, it just looks friggin wicked! You try to put one together and you'll be talking to multiple parties, multiple times, dealing with multiple payments and multiple deliveries and multiple wait times. Now, of course, over at Legion, they'll probably look down their noses on these outfits. They tend to have an "elitist" atmosphere over there on some things. Especially when it comes to costume building. I'm really excited to see how their "armor" is going to look. I've always wanted a Biker Scout!
  4. James3 Jedi Master

star 4
    Biker Scouts are way cool. I thought about doing one too.

Those officer uniforms are wicked awesome!
  5. TGaines1 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Even the Jedi garb looks pretty cool. I wonder if RL would accept some of their stuff. If so, might be a prime opportunity to get me a good ol Jedi outfit!
  6. James3 Jedi Master

star 4
    It has everything needed to be accepted. I really like the ROTJ Luke.
  7. JEDIMASTER_VIDAL Jedi Master

star 2
    i love all the costumes. they look great
  8. JoeRichmondVA Jedi Master

star 4
    I saw the stuff close up at DragonCon, I think it looks very good. The officer uniform in particular is great.
  9. TGaines1 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Thats what I heard too. Now that the Stormtrooper is supposed to come out this year, people will crap their pants if its a really good set. Thing is, with their attention to detail, I wouldnt be suprised if its just as good as an FX set. The article in Star Wars Insider this month has them saying hw much they are paying attention to detail, particularly the asymmetry of the original sets. That sounds kinda promising.
  10. James3 Jedi Master

star 4
    Interesting. I have been eyeing the new AM stuff and have been really excited about that but I would love to see what they have to offer.
  11. TGaines1 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yeah, that AM stuff is wickedly cool! I do plan to get another stormie sometime in the future.
  12. TGaines1 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Was a bit nauseated today when stopping by a "friend's" place where there was a discussion on Star Wars burlesque. Truly, I see no reason that someone would want to dress with so little and then put a stormtrooper helmet on! :)
  13. JoeRichmondVA Jedi Master

star 4
    501st guys seem worried sick about people getting museum replicas costumes and getting in the 501st. They just love to remain as exclusive as possible. Almost feel like they will go out of their way to say why the MR costumes are not acceptable.
  14. TGaines1 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well, its understandable a bit. The Rubies stuff looked pretty sad for the kinda money it cost but this is a bit different. The costumes "look" exactly like something on screen. I think thats the point isnt it? To "look" like you were in the movie. now one of my jedi friends says the OBI costume was made of crappy material BUT, it "looks" like the screen used stuff plus these outfits come with the leather. Unheard of in costuming. I'm anxiously waiting to see what their armor looks like. I dont think any of those 501st guys will be happy with it though. Who knows, maybe it will look right. With the stormie, sandie comin this year, it'll be cool to see what happens.
  15. James3 Jedi Master

star 4
    The whole fabric issue within the RL and 501st is a crock. I think these new costumes will be the great.
  16. Alewolf Jedi Knight

17. TGaines1 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Do you have any costumes?
  18. TGaines1 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well, I added a Biker Scout to my collection! Always wanted one of those. With that, I've got a Vader, Stormtrooper, Jango Fett,
    Clone Trooper - Airborne (ROTS). I've also got a crappy Han Solo
    and generic Imperial Officer, just never got around to upgrading them. I hope to have a Boba Fett some day. Then I'll stop. :)
  19. TGaines1 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Finally scored some Bed Stu boots for my Jango! They're what Temura Morrison used on screen and are so hard to come by. I've kept my eye out for the past year and it finally paid off.
  20. tuskenbmxer Force Ghost

Where can I get a Jabba costume??!? [face_laugh]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.