main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Costuming Club...

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by swtrilogy, Aug 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swtrilogy

swtrilogy Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 2005
    Greetings,

I am new to the boards but have been collecting since it all began. I am currently working on getting people together who love to costume and have interest in expanding their costuming experience. As such I have started to assemble a small group of fans who have interest in costuming at parades and other civic functions as well as making appearances at Children?s Hospitals.
    I already have the use of a flat bed tow truck for various parades in Waukesha County for the Christmas Parade Season i.e. November. With this flat bed we can create a float of Star Wars proportions. A Death Star Scene with or other scenes from the movies. We can get a music system to crank out Star Wars Music and do Lightsaber Duel Reenactments on the float. So I am looking for anyone who would like to come out dressed up or would like to duel. Master Replicas and Park Sabers look so awesome at night and would really add to the music and
    excitement of Star Wars. Stormtrooper and other shock troop members of the 501st can ask the parade viewers if they have seen any wanted droids. And other costumed people can wave from the float or play with the crowds as they see fit. How cool would it be to see all this in parade?

I am holding an impromptu meeting at AMF Bowling Lanes in Waukesha, WI on September 11th at 2:30pm. Those interested in attending should PM me for directions. Those interested but can not make it please PM me with questions.

Sincerely,

Brian
    262-894-6668

2. StevoDirector

StevoDirector Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2004
    It's not fair I live in the UK !:_| I wish i could join , its wierd though coz i was thinking about starting one my self.

3. across0the0stars

across0the0stars Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2003
    no offense, but I thought that this is some of the stuff that the FanForces do.

4. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    It does sounds just like what the 501st, Rebel Legion and FanForce already do but to give him the benefit of the doubt maybe there isn't an active 501st/RL presence in his city??

My suggestion would have been to contact the CO of his local 501st garrison and RL base and coordinate events with them instead of trying to start up something new.

~Doc_Bev

5. MasterCenedra

MasterCenedra Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2005
    I hate living in New Zealand, you never get to go to stuff like that unless you have lots of money.

MC

6. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    Maybe he's trying to get away from the costuming standards of the Rebel Legion and the 501st and just have fun with it.

I have no problems with costuming standards, myself, being a member of the Rebel Legion and The Jedi Assembly. I may even do a costume to get into the 501st some day, too. ;) But not everyone wants to have to worry about that.

It does make me wonder if he has a local Fan Force chapter near him, though.
    [face_thinking]

7. across0the0stars

across0the0stars Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2003

That's what I'm saying. As far as I know, the FanForce groups really don't have costuming standards.

8. JediRacer8

JediRacer8 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2004
    He has been invited to join in our Milwaukee FanForce, which is the local chapter for his area. We have a monthly book/costuming club that meets where we collaborate on costume ideas, area costuming events, etc. Our group ranges from the amateur to 501st members so there's a niche for everyone.

9. -red_nite-

-red_nite- Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2005
    wish i had seen this sooner... yeah the milwookies are the milwaukee fan force but ive been so out of touch that i wouldnt be able to say how active they are anymore... if there are meetings YEAH!!! AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY!!!
    it could just be cuase im in school again... and have no car of my own...

id be interesting in participating!! please pm me with info as i wont be able to make the meeting... i have other plans!!!!!

:_|

edit... way to check a calender...

10. Jealously_Guarded

Jealously_Guarded Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2004
    Judging by his brand new name, he is probably a young 'un who will be surprised as all get-out that not only do other people have his same ideas, but there is a national organization and they have been doing this sort of thing for years. He can join any number of local groups to get all the help he needs.

Being the Rebel Legion State Captain for Idaho, just in the last 12 months I have been in three parades, two conventions, and twelve photo appearances.

If he is close to Milwaulkee, I am surprised he hasnt run into the RL before now.

11. MasterCenedra

MasterCenedra Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2005
    I wonder if there is any Fan Forces in New Zealand, I havent heard about any, so I think there isn't.
    We should start one, and then The Fan Forces would have the southern Hemispheare(sp)

MC

12. TK-P01

TK-P01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 1, 2003
    There is one:
    http://boards.theforce.net/New_Zealand/b10035/

13. CaptMereel

CaptMereel Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2002
    I am the host for the Milwaukee FF book club/costuming group and have invited him to 2 meetings to date.

Red Nite, do you live in the Milwaukee area? I recognize your photo from your profile and met you at C3 where I was Senator Viqi Shesh. In fact, I have a picture of you, me and Beret (as Bespin Leia).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.