main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars CVI USPS cancellation stamp - one of a kind

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Broski, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Broski

Broski Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2013
    I have a CVI USPS cancellation stamp used on one of the two days that USPS was on-site offering stamp cancellations at CVI last year. This is the only one in existence as they are typically destroyed after 90 days (per USPS regulations). This has come into my possession and it is one of two that were made for that day (the other has been destroyed by USPS). I'm looking for some feedback. I was originally going to keep this for my private collection, as it is the stuff of dreams to have an exclusive, one-of-a-kind, officially sanctioned Star Wars product, but have fallen on some tough times and have had to part with some of my collection. I haven't done anything with this as yet because I really don't know where to post and how much to ask for it... I mean, there is no market comparison for it because it is one-of-a-kind, but I'm not wanting to post it on ebay because i dont want to be an obscure piece that no one looks at, so someone can win with a $5 bid, but on the flipside I don't want to place a reservation on the bid that is too high.

To be honest I am not even sure I am posting this in the right place. If not, please point me in the direction I should try next.

Thanks in advance.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    That's a tough one. I don't collect stamps so I don't know how much regular stamp collectors might want something like that. Do you have any coin/stamp dealers near you? If so it might be worth asking what they think.