main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reference Star Wars d10

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by DreamingGod, Feb 24, 2015.

1. DreamingGod

DreamingGod Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 13, 2015
    Hi all! I'm making a star wars d10 conversion. It's not too far along, and I'm working on the meat of what needs to be homebrewed; Force powers and their users. I'm not sure if any members of this forum are familiar with White Wolf's (now Onyx Path) Storyteller system, but this uses that as a base. Specifically the NWoD iteration of the rules. If there's anyone familiar with the system who wishes to give some feedback... please do.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PLu_eTg03h4ogiTSGSkzEB7T_1YpB9_VkhHmgZN41-I/edit#

There's the link to the google doc.

Alright, when you take a look, I have some questions for you all! Do the Force powers feel, well, like the Force? I wanted to go without something as... unwieldy as "Force points" and think 'Essence' fits the concept of the Force as a energy that is needed and generated for life, and the universe. It's the, well, Essence of life, eh? Now, not all of it is original work. Mr. Gone's old Jedi Knights went in for the Attunement system, I liked how he did it. I fit it for the system, and built around that. I want the game to support the ability to play as Dark Siders. I want it to support playing Witches, and monks; things outside the Jedi and Sith. So, the other question, what am I missing power wise? I'm not done writing them, but what essentials am I missing?

I have the Force and Destiny beta, and am... conflicted on how FFG does Force powers. I like it, but then I don't at the same time. I am wondering if it'd be better to do it like that. Have 8 or 9 broader powers, with each dot being a refinement, so have Unleash/Protect, Enhance, Move, Bind, ect. Thoughts on that?

2. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Hi!

Since no one has said anything yet, I'll just wave a hand. Im reading what you have written down. I'll give a comment, after I give a chance to read it, if you wish.

Good luck on your game system!