Spok, WA Star Wars d20 Campaign

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Corvalis, Jun 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corvalis Jedi Youngling

star 2
    So I'm going to be running this Saturday since Bevan is unavailable, but only if Mason's house is open to us. We'll be making new characters together on the first night and going over the campaign details and setting, as well as familiarizing you with the rules. It probably won't be much playing, more just mechanics and character creation, so if you want to skip it, go ahead, just make sure you have a character ready by the time I run it again.

I don't want to reveal too much right now, since I'm still working on the campaign setting and details I want to have, but here's what I can tell you.

1. Every class in the core rulebook will be available for you, that includes Jedi and Force sensative classes. Prestige classes will need GM approval.
    2. This will be a high level campaign, so we'll be starting somewhere around 10th level, I ahven't pinned the exact number on it. (We will be levelling up characters together during character creation, just FYI).
    3. This is an Alternate Universe campaign, so your cannon knowledge may not be relevant to the game.
    4. You will all be playing characters who have connections/employment with the Bounty Hunters Guild, so good or evil doesn't really bother me.

I will post more when I get it done. Hopefully I will see you all on Saturday.
  2. -JediClone- Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I'm looking to play a Gand...

<---

...with levels in the (Gand) Findsman prestige class from Ultimate Alien Anthology.

If anyone has a Zuckuss or generic Gand mini they want to get rid of, LMK.
  3. Corvalis Jedi Youngling

star 2
    No game this week, Mason's place is unavailable. I guess we'll see how next week goes.

More about the campaign:

Technology wise is a few years after the Clone Wars
  4. Darth_Thaddius Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Ok, this sounds really interesting and fun. I have no knowledge when it comes to Role Playing but I would love to get in on this. I really have no knowledge but with a little guidance, I can take off like a soaring eagle.
  5. The_Cheeser Jedi Knight

star 3
    That would be awesome Thaddius!

How does next saturday at my place sound everyone?

Keep in mind I can fit six and squeeze seven.
  6. Corvalis Jedi Youngling

star 2
    If Bevan chooses to step down from the GB campaign, I'll run Star Wars d20. How many do we usually have?

Let me think...

Me...
    Other various meatbags...

OKay, just two or three :p

Darth Thaddius, you are more than welcome to come if there's room!
  7. roxez Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I think I need some time to think about the next GB campaign. Dave, if you want to run a campaign, that's cool.
  8. Corvalis Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Okay, so who's up for Saturday at Mason's place this week? It will have to be a little later in the day, like around 3 or 4 or so, because I have a wedding to attend that day. Anyone besides me interested?
  9. The_Cheeser Jedi Knight

star 3
  10. -JediClone- Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I can be there. (And depending on how long the mail takes, the Zuckuss mini I ebayed might be there too.)
  11. The_Cheeser Jedi Knight

star 3
    Speaking of minis, Target (and probably others) have minis 1/3 to 1/2 off.
  12. Corvalis Jedi Youngling

star 2
    It looks like I will be available on Saturday after 4pm. Also, I have a special method of building high levels characters, so please bring a bunch of scrath paper and erasers to the first session.

If we can get at least 2 more people to commit to Saturday, we'll have it then.
  13. roxez Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I think I work. Sorry. I do have the 4th of July off though, if we are doing something as a group then.
  14. Corvalis Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Would Friday be better for you Bevan?
  15. The_Cheeser Jedi Knight

star 3
    It turns out friday would also be better for me. I have a half day friday so it's possible to start as early as 1-2.
  16. Corvalis Jedi Youngling

star 2
    So Friday it is then! I don't get off early, so expect me around 6pm. We'll mostly be focusing on going over the rules, campaign setting and character creation. Trust me, that part is fun. We might go a little into the story, but not likely.

17. Corvalis Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Okay, so there's going to be some people who aren't making the character creation session, so I'm asking those who wish to make a character that won't be at the session tomorrow to follow the following guidelines for making characters:

1. Your character will need to be level 12. All base classes in the Revised Core Rulebook are available, along with any prestige class in any of the d20 Star Wars books, excluding the Sith. The Sith are no more, but other Dark Side prestige classes are okay. You will get stats from the Point Buy system in the revised core rulebook.

2. You can be good or evil, it doesn't really matter, as long as you can work within a group, and you have some close ties with the Bounty Hunters guild..

3. You are allowed to multiclass, with one exception. You can take a Jedi class at any level, as long as you meet the requirements, but if you take another non-Jedi class after that, you may not take anymore Jedi classes, ever.

4. You can play whatever race you want in any of the books, but it must at least speak or understand basic, and be of Small, Medium, or Large size.

5. Since we are making a high level campaign, there is a history of each character which is represented by making rolls on my own character creation chart for each level taken, to give your character a little background in the galaxy. You will need to roll a d100 or Percentile for each level, and a d20 for each level, and either post the results, or PM them to me. After that, I will let you know what happens to your character.

6. You will have 600,000 starting credits. This may be altered by the character background rolls, so tell me the rolls before you go spending any of it.

7. There will be some space combat, everyone is welcome to buy/make their own ship.
  18. The_Cheeser Jedi Knight

star 3
    Please bring your pdfs.
  19. Corvalis Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I have my pdfs with me, so if anyone has a computer, they can get the ones I have. I am also bringing my Revised Core Rulebook and Power of the Jedi Sourcebook. I had another one, but don't remember where it's at.
  20. Darth_Thaddius Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I am sorry that i did not make it to the last session I got busy with moving and everything so I never got around to having some time. Please let me know if there is some room and I should be able to get in.
  21. Corvalis Jedi Youngling

star 2
    We only had 5 last week. This week Mason's place in unavailable, so we'll pick it up next week.
  22. Corvalis Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I am unavailable this week again, as it is VBS week at my church and I am running one of the stations until 9pm.

I can't find a pickup GM, and haven't been able to reach Chris to see if he would want to run a pickup game.

So that being said, if you guys want to get together and goof off, play games, summon Zuul, or whatever, you'll need to talk to Mason.

I might be able to run something on Saturday too, if everyone is available. I will check and see if Mason's place is open for that.
  23. roxez Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Saturday is the prop/general meeting Dave.
  24. -JediClone- Jedi Youngling

star 2
    One day was too short of notice for me.

I could put together something for this Friday is Dave is not available. It would be for the 'Fell Star' characters.
  25. Corvalis Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I am available this Friday for gaming.

Next week is SpoCon, so no gaming Friday, and I hope to see everyone on Saturday!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.