main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Star Wars: Dark Betrayal" Story Discussion

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Semi-DarkLord90, May 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Semi-DarkLord90

Semi-DarkLord90 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2004
    I have nothing to show for this, but some friends are planning on starting a fan film in a couple weeks called Star Wars: Eradication.

The film is about a Sith Lord, Darth Ravenous, and his apprentice, Darth Eradicus in between the times of Darth Bane and Darth Plagueis. Darth Eradicus eventually builds up his power and kills his master. Eradicus almosts ruins the Sith by discarding the rule of two, and is destroyed by Sith spirits of Darth Bane, Darth Ravenous, and others.

Sorry I don't have anything, but my friend bugged me into making this. Anyways, hope to have some stuff to show in about a month or so.

-Semi

(It's late, so please excuse any misspellings.)

Thread title changed at user's request.

2. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    Sounds pretty cool dude.
    But hmm, I know you should always start small but I will say to plan AS MUCH as you can.
    Storyboards, rehersals, choreography etc...

3. Covax

Covax Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2003
    Makes sense, the idea of biding time for generations on end seems anathema to Dark Side principals of 'More Power, Now!' .

4. JediGaven

JediGaven Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 20, 2004
    I like. I'm looking foward to it.

5. TheMcguffin

TheMcguffin Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 29, 2004
    Sith spirits don't exist according to Episode III.

6. JediGaven

JediGaven Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 20, 2004
    "Sith spirits don't exist according to Episode III."

What? When was this explained?

There is a lot of EU that has stories including Sith Spirits.

7. HowardFilms

HowardFilms Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2005
    Yeah, when does it say Sith can't be spirits? Go to Starwars.com and look up Sidious in Expanded Universe, it says that his spirit remains after VI and he tries to possess a clone of himself. Sith can have spirits, dude.

8. TheMcguffin

Sep 29, 2004
    If you're going by the EU, I suppose. According to a cut scene from Episode III though, the only way to remain eternal conscience is by love, which is why the Sith, in the end, cannot win. Seeing as how that is the way Lucas wrote it, I think I'll choose that path rather than any idiocy the EU has thrown out there. Check the Episode III script to see for yourself.

And the Clone Palpatine thing 8-} is one of the most ridiculous, uncreative things to come out of the EU. If that's what you're into though...:rolleyes:

9. DarthBane77

DarthBane77 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2003
    Episode III script

There's a link to the script.

It is a state acquired through compassion, not greed.

Sith are greedy by nature. They have no compassion.

You will learn to let go of everything. No attachment, no thought of self. No physical self.

The Sith only think of themselves, and are consumed by attachment(the very thing that led Anakin to the darkside).

I agree with TheMacGuffin. The EU is bunk at this point.

*Bane

10. Semi-DarkLord90

Aug 16, 2004
    Love of themselves or power, maybe?

Glad you guys like the idea. This week, we plan on having some a lot of the story planned, and what we want things to look like sketched out.

Here are some ideas that we already have and need to elaborate on:

*In between the time of Bane and Plagueis
    *Sith Lord is Darth Ravenous
    *Sith Apprentice is Darth Eradicus
    *Eradicus almost destroyes Ravenous in order to gain more power
    *Ravenous goes into hiding
    *Eradicus discards the rule of two
    *Eradicus is impatient (if you couldn't tell)
    *Eradicus and his four apprentices (one of them is Darth Apocylon) seek out and destroy a few Jedi
    *Four apprentices attempt to kill Eradicus
    *Eradicus spares only one: Apocylon
    *Eradicus then tries to start a new Sith order
    *Eradicus becomes obsessed with discovering the secret of immortality
    *Eradicus almost figures out immortality then teaches Apocylon
    *Apocylon then teaches his apprentice, Darth Plagueis
    *There are four Sith: Ravenous, Eradicus, Apocylon, and Plagueis
    *Apocylon attempts to kill Eradicus, Eradicus instead kills Apocylon
    *Plagueis starts studying Eradicus' focus on immortality
    *Ravenous comes to kill Eradicus with the spirit of Darth Bane because Eradicus is threatening the master plan to destroy the Jedi
    *Eradicus destroys Ravenous, and he then uses his new powers to destroy the spirit of Bane
    *Eradicus then begins to train Plagueis, who then, in turn, destroys his new master
    *The movie ends with Plagueis meeting a young Palpatine

But, unfortunately, the friend who helped spark this whole idea is moving to Maine in July, so I don't know if he'll be in it. We might have to make a back up plan in case.

-Semi

(Wait, aren't fan films EU, in a sense. So are fanfilms 'idiocy'?)

11. Semi-DarkLord90

Aug 16, 2004
    Any comments on the post above?

I will change that name Apocylon. Maybe something like Rageiun or Furium. Something angry.

Comments and criticism are more than welcome.

-Semi

12. Goldleader23

Goldleader23 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 15, 2003
    I got a few comments.
    *Four apprentices attempt to kill Eradicus
    *Eradicus spares only one: Apocylon

I think it would be cool if Eradicus knocked Apocylon out of the way first and then killed the other three in a few seconds each, and then came back to Apocylon.

I will change that name Apocylon. Maybe something like Rageiun or Furium. Something angry.
    I think Furium sounds cool :).

13. Covax

Covax Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2003
    According to a cut scene from Episode III though, the only way to remain eternal conscience is by love, which is why the Sith, in the end, cannot win.
    I believe in the comics, the ones intro-ing Exar Kun's generation of Sith, the spirit of the Sith Lord isn?t really a ghost in the traditional sense. Rather, it?s a temporary projection of the Sith?s spirit from a past time, like an interactive precognition or mutual pre- and -post cognition.

14. DarthDravvid

DarthDravvid Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2005
    Although you may have spent some time thinking up these characters, I would suggest you change the name of Darth Ravenous, which makes me think of Darth Revan from the KOTOR series, unless that's what your intent was.

15. shadow_the_rebel

shadow_the_rebel Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 16, 2005
    I guess my film adds to your film a little.

My film is about a young Plagueis, and what motivates him to destroy his Master. I might throw in his motivation to seek out how to create/sustain life in the second draft of my script, it seems I kind of ignored that aspect. But I might leave it out since it sounds like you already have a good idea for your own film.

Sounds pretty cool.

16. Brodie-Wan_Kenobi

Brodie-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 1, 2005
    (Wait, aren't fan films EU, in a sense. So are fanfilms 'idiocy'?)

I don't know about "idiocy", but if you went to the film forums and said that the part in Empire Strikes Back where the Imperial officer refers to bounty hunter as "scum" makes no sense because in Broken Allegiance the officer says it's an honor to meet Korbain Thor, a bounty hunter, you would be charged with multiple counts of manslaughter for all the people who died of laughter after reading your post. Here's a barebones hierarchy for you:

Canon (Movies, stuff George Lucas says)
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    The EU (Books, comics, etc.)
    -
    -
    -
    Fanfilms
    -
    -
    SuperShadow.com

Essentially, stuff from the EU is technically correct unless something from the movies or out of Lucas' mouth trumps it, in which case there is no argument.

17. JoeyH

JoeyH Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 14, 2004
    I like the idea, and I would just explain away Sith Spirits (like Exar Kun) as saying that they're totally different from Jedi. The Jedi use love to become ghosts, it can be assumed that the Sith use anger to harness their post-mortem souls.

18. Darth_Juggalo

Darth_Juggalo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2005
    I also confused your character with Darth Revan. I don;t really like the other name either, Darth Eradicus. It just seems too obvious where the inspiration behind the name comes from. That is Darth Vader is so cool it is not immediatly apparent what the name implies unless some research is done. The rest sounds good. It would be cool to have a scene where the sith spirit phenomenon is explained.

19. TheMcguffin

Sep 29, 2004
    I consider EU on the same desperate level as supershadow.com, actually. It's all poorly written fanfiction.

Fanfilms, as of today, aren't overly impressive and abundantly well-known, but in good time I can see the day where some become brilliant side-stories to the saga. You have to look at it realisticly though. We're just not there yet in terms of quality, but we are getting ever closer. Technology is on the up and up, and eventually with no further films being produced by George Lucas, fan will yearn for more. That's where we're going to see a great separation between the fanfilm hobbyists.

I look forward to entertaining fans for years to come if I am able to, in the fanfilm medium.

-TheMcGuffin(after all, I'm only here to advance the story)

20. shadow_the_rebel

shadow_the_rebel Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 16, 2005
    I think some EU is more canon than others. Like as the books get closer to Episode III the more canon it becomes.

Labyrith of Evil is a great book and because it leads into Episode III George Lucas looked it over many times to make sure there weren't any contradictions.

Of course there are some books that are just too far-fetched.

The newer EU I think is read over more and isn't just signed off without a glance.

But I think we're getting a little off topic here.

21. Brodie-Wan_Kenobi

Brodie-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 1, 2005
    I just realized the lameness of titling the movie "Star Wars: Eradication" and having the main character be called Darth Eradicus.

22. Saju

Saju Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2002
    DarthDravvid beat me to it. You really need to change the name Ravenous, since we've already have a spin-off of Raven for a Sith Lord's name with Revan.

How about Darth... Destructus, Necros, Venomous...

The list goes on...

^^

23. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    ..Ravenous is a spin-off of Raven?

I would've thought it'd be a 'spinoff' of 'ravenous', seeing as how that's a real word.

24. Krintar

Krintar Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    "I will change that name Apocylon. Maybe something like Rageiun or Furium."
    Furium sounds like it's some kind of element.

Maybe Corros? Darth Paras?
    I dunno... I'm just playing around with words here...

25. Silent_Jackal

Silent_Jackal Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 6, 2003
    Is it just me, or does the whole Lucas explanation of the force ghosts seem...well, just a little insane? Like he's become far too involved in trying to send a message out with his movies now (as in, political or religious comments) that he's in a sense betraying his world that he's created? I mean....and this may just be me going off into my own little Star Wars world here, I always had a problem with the light vs. dark thing (insofar as one winning overall), and rather saw the middle path as the intelligent way. This probably isn't very popular as a thought, especially because it goes outside the realm of just Star Wars in implication, but regardless, my point is that I think Lucas has become to involved in messages to really think that one through. Okay, I admit that I could be wrong there, but overall I think EU is important to hold up as a guide-yes, canon would supercede it for the most part, but having accepted those sith ghosts (assuming no other explantion would be given) I think that the fact that new canon overruled that must be taken into consideration. The universe was created one way, and now it must be made another. Not that I fear change or anything, but this goes back to the basic premise that Star Wars is ours. Not his. Why? Because we let it be that way. I don't mean to claim any power over him, he indeed rules, but I mean to say that it is all just an idea in our heads, and he cannot change that no matter how hard he tries. Why follow his word blindly when it doesn't pass the common sense test (I may be getting a little carried away there, but that is kind of what I'm saying)? Especially on something as trivial (in the sense that he may not have deliberated on it long) as this. Then again, all this may just be sprouting from my anger towards these prequels............as a rule in his right to live contract, it should stipulate that he is never again allowed to write dialouge. And...well, that is a different discussion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.