main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Star Wars - Darth Plagueis : My Brutally Honest Review

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DarthGaul, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthGaul

DarthGaul Jedi Master star 3

May 25, 2004
    Well, after a string of Zahn - Thrawn novel reviews....it's time to choose another. Once again I must remind all who read my thread - this is not a review that will destroy or ruin reputations of a writer, nor will it be a discourgement to check out the novel or make you say "Huh....guess I'd better do something better with my time then read that book."

No, no my friends....this is just one man's review in an epic ocean of reviews. I am but one reviewer....but a brutally honest one.

So now....let's get on with it!

Ok...well....so far, I'm 9 chapters in....

The book is ultra-informative on the Sith, the beginning is long, overly detailed in its details (I don't dare count how many times 'blood' was used in a single paragraph...geez, man....enough we get it.) and the book tends to be very slow and hard to follow at times.

Very, very wordy book. Looks like someone really loves that thesaurus - a lot! Zahn might love his own re-occuring words....but this writer loves to discover new ones and use many as he can.

I do love the back history of the Sith....and of how Plagueis is using his status to move around undetected. Now we see where Palpatine got his traits from. Though he still hasn't met him yet....and we're nine chapts in? Hm.

So far I'm ok with the story....though it really does tend to stray from the main one a little too often, mind you it's just giving us back history and character thought....but come on.....I"m falling asleep here. Get to Palpy already!

2. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Nah, let's nip this in the bud now. You don't need your own personal thread for every book you read. We'll leave the Thrawn one open but that's it.

Once you've finished DARTH PLAGUEIS, feel free to post a review (brutal or otherwise) over HERE. If you want to talk at length about it, do so HERE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.