main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

STAR WARS: DARTH PLAGUEIS Novel

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Zorkel567, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Wasn't Sifo-Dyas manipulated into that by Sidious/Dooku before he was killed as part of Tyranus' initiation?

2. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Not if it was the action of one particular Jedi acting without permission of the Council. The fact that the rest of the Jedi went ahead and used the army was set in stone by AOTC and thus did not depend on LOE's revelations. None of this makes Sifo or the other Jedi white supremacists, and let's not forget that the clone template was not chosen by Sifo or the other Jedi.

He may have been manipulated into it by Sidious, although it seems to be implied that his precognitive visions of the future played a role; however, as far as we know, Dooku wasn't informed of the situation until after Sifo had already contacted Kamino.

3. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    Well, to be fair, Plagueis is dead.

Where did he say Order 66 wasn't preprogrammed?

4. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    I was under the impression that the "Order 66 wasn't preprogrammed" claim came from the "Guide to the Grand Army of the Republic" article in Star Wars Insider, back in the days when that magazine was awesome. It does seem to come up regularly in the Republic Commando Saga.

5. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    Here.

6. Ki-Aaron-Mundi

Ki-Aaron-Mundi Jedi Knight star 2

May 22, 2008
    I have trouble believing Mr. Luceno himself made a lot of these decisions. Particularly the Sifo-Dyas ordering the clone army decision--isn't it safe to assume that was made by the Higher-Ups (likely Mr. Lucas himself), and simply written of in Labyrinth of Evil?

7. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    I thought the whole Sifo-Dyas thing was handled in AOTC, particularly commentaries on the scripts. The only thing that Luceno added to this thing, I recall, was the erasure of Kamino from the archives. It was supposed to be a big thing revealed in ROTS, but one of the many things put on the shelf.

8. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    "George was involved to the extent that he provided answers to the many questions I had about Master Sifo-Dyas, General Grievous, Dooku?s allegiance to Sidious, the Prophecy of the Chosen One, the Battle of Coruscant, and more. The Sifo-Dyas background came straight from Lucas, as did Sidious? words to Dooku before the duel aboard Grievous? starship." - James Luceno

Of course, that interview was specifically about LOE; whether Lucas influenced Dark Lord is anybody's guess.

:confused: Where can these commentaries on the scripts be found?

9. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Wow great news but Im confused by why it is so long from release date? I thought that he had the book completeed already when they axed it?

10. DarthRotten

DarthRotten Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 24, 2003
    Knowing the EU alot of the content probably has to be reworked now due to information in other books and guides that didn't exist back when Luceno finished.

Personally, I don't understand why anybody would say Luceno invented the idea that clones weren't programmed. In AOTC, the Kaminoans tell Obi-Wan that clones can think creatively (ie not programmed like droids) but that they would follow any order without question (that's not programming- it's training; most of them choose not to disobey orders because they believe in the necessity of following the chain of command).

11. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    I still hope that Plagueis is San Hill, and that Palpatine only thinks he killed him, and that he hides it from Palpatine afterwards as Hill, "Hard to see the Darkside is."

This would explain how he survives Vader's slaughter, and yes he did survive, I'm not going to argue about it, I have tons of proof.

12. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    Precisely.

13. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/San_Hill#Death

Kinda hard to argue against that.

14. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    We don't see any such thing in the film, nuff said.

The Muun has to have an alter ego, and who else would be better than San Hill?

I don't think anyone in the Star Wars Universe would expect him to be a Sith Lord.

15. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    It's a cover-up.

16. KnightDawg

KnightDawg Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2007
    QFT. He's dead. It's canon. End of discussion.

17. son_of_skywalker03

Dec 7, 2003
    It's shown in the comic adaptation. That's proof enough. Until you can actually provide something showing he wasn't actually killed there.

18. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    [image=http://oi53.tinypic.com/28lxslf.jpg]

19. KnightDawg

KnightDawg Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2007
    [face_laugh] LMAO...well done. Gotta love how San Hill is the ONLY Muun in the SW Universe. 8-}

20. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    I'll be retconning Hill's survivial very soon, with all the proof you'll ever need.

21. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    He's the only one ever seen in the films.

22. son_of_skywalker03

Dec 7, 2003
    Yeah, call me crazy, but I'm fairly certain it doesn't work that way.

23. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    Proof is proof.

24. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    [image=http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n107/SithStarSlayer/DarthPlagueisTheMuunalistDARKER.jpg]

25. robbiedbee

robbiedbee Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2006
    Please, no retconning. It would cheapen Palpatine, and the line "he was killed by his apprentice in his sleep".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.