main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

STAR WARS: DARTH PLAGUEIS Novel

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Zorkel567, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    San Hill, not Plagueis, unless they are the same Muun.

2. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Yet you still don't have any.

3. CaptainPeabody

CaptainPeabody Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 15, 2008
    Are you talking about this guy?

Personally, I would LOVE to hear the story of San Hill's desperate escape from Mustafar and his descent into deep depression and self-loathing caused by the loss of all his buddies on the Separatist Council, because of which he gained a ton of weight, underwent plastic surgery, and grew a beard.

The public demands it!

4. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    [face_laugh] There's more proof than that.

5. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    And here I thought we got a new interview or preliminary cover for this novel. Curse you, maniacal thread-bumpers!

Indeed there is: for instance, while the other Separatists' deaths, including Wat Tambor's (of which several photos exist) were filmed but never included in the final cut of ROTS, San Hill's never was. And if you meticulously map out the floor space in the rooms where the Separatists had their base, San Hill's body is completely missing from every room, although the other Separatists are there. Also, instances in both the comic and the novel often contradict or cannot possibly jibe with the film, so the novelization and comic aren't 100% cannon (and there have been several other instances where characters who survived in the EU were "killed" in the novels, like Hobbie and Veers, or, in the case of the ROTS comic, Quinlan Vos, who is blown to smithereens and who was originally penned to die in the film).

There is also the case of Empire at War, of which no official statement has been made to say that that San Hill is, in fact, the real deal. For those who have played the game, all the "Muuns," labeled as such, are represented by generic human models. It's a case of cheap programming, but the folks on Wookieepedia decided he was a different person. As I said, no official statement has been made. And I even asked Leland Chee about it when the game came out (unfortunately he had not played that part of the game so he said he wasn't sure... sigh...)

Anyway, I think there's more proof, but I've argued this to death in other threads over the years and I don't feel like dredging up an old argument in a thread that should instead be discussing another badass Muun.

...although I am of the opinion San Hill will be in the novel, since I've got a hunch Plagueis may have been someone with a certain measure of political power among the Muuns when he was alive... possibly even the IBC Chairman before Hill...

6. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Boom.

7. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Quiet, you! Now I can't go back and edit it... :p

8. son_of_skywalker03

Dec 7, 2003
    This is clearly an instance where you have to take into account "creative oversight."

If you watch The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (the extended edition); towards the end Aragorn has a conversation with the Mouth of Sauron. Which end's with the Mouth's demise. However, as Aragorn and company ride away from the Black Gates as they open wide, there is no body to be found.

Until the 2004 DVD release, it would be easy (under the argument in favor of San Hill being alive) to argue that Darth Vader had a lightsaber that was capable of changing color from red to white.

We have at least one source that shows San Hill was killed. Until there is something that outright contradicts that, he's dead.

9. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    We at least see Aragorn kill him, we don't see Vader kill San Hill.

10. son_of_skywalker03

Dec 7, 2003
    We have at least one source were we in fact do. And it has yet to be openly contradicted. Hence, it counts.

11. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Furthermore, it stands to reason that Anakin would kill him rather than letting him escape and leaving his task incomplete.

12. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    San Hill used a body double that upon being struck down evaporated into the ether Dooku-doppleganger style.

13. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    More evidence of Hill's Survival,

Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader.

In the novel it's stated that Vader killed half a dozen members of the Separatist Council on Mustafar.

There were seven members on Mustafar, eight if you include Tikkes, but he wasn't there, even though the Complete Star Wars Encylopedia claims he was.

Viceroy Nute Gunray
    Magistrate Passel Argente
    Presidente Shu Mai
    Po Nudo
    Chairman San Hill
    Foreman/Emir Wat Tambor
    Archduke Poggle the Lesser
    Tikkes (Not really there.)

Again that's seven members, meaning one survived, San Hill.

Now unless Luceno can't count, then I'm right.

14. LONEWOLF09

LONEWOLF09 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 3, 2009
    That doesn't prove that you're right, it just shows that Luceno could have miscounted even though I don't know what the exact quote was in Dark Lord. San Hill was shown to have been killed in the ROTS comic and novel and there are no sources that say that he lived which makes the argument of him being alive moot.

15. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    It fits with him not being seen killed or his body on Mustafar, so it is moot.

16. son_of_skywalker03

Dec 7, 2003
    But he has been shown being killed. How many times must that point be covered?

17. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    The comic isn't the film.

18. son_of_skywalker03

Dec 7, 2003
    The film doesn't outright contradict it, either.

19. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    DARTH VADER: I did as you requested, my Master...

DARTH SIDIOUS: It is finished, then. You have restored peace and justice to the galaxy.

DARTH VADER: ...About that. Uh, San Hill escaped.

DARTH SIDIOUS: D'oh!

20. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    Of course he would tell Sidious that, if he told him that Hill escaped he definately be punished.

21. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    If he let Hill escape he would definitely be punished, when Hill turned up somewhere.
    That's the point.

22. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    San Hill: It's over, Anakin, my name is the high ground!

23. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    San Hill: You fool! I have been trained in your mou kei arts by Obi-Wan Kenobi!

...when he wasn't making time with your woman, that is!

24. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    On behalf of semantics, I'd like to add that "half a dozen" can be used as an approximate, meaning "about six". It would be strange for a character to think or say that he killed "exactly seven" characters, unless it's really about the exact number.

25. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah but this is Star Wars, where a million units means one million clones and a thousand generations is the exact age of the Republic and Yoda is exactly 900 years old when he dies. All I'm saying is dates and numbers are almost never approximate, so "half dozen", even though it may not be literal, will be considered literal anyway. But I like to think it was Wat Tambor who lived, rather than San Hill. Long live the Emir!:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.