main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Day 16th May > Feedback + Pics!!

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by choccy31, May 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. choccy31

choccy31 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2005
    Hi Guys,

Just got back from a very long day @ Leicester Square.

I must say firstly just how excellant today was, whilst I didnt do the saga in the end, I got to the Square @ 8.45 and immediately got the camera going with the X-Wing and Stormtroopers + Fett.

Soon after I met up with Raj and spoke to Chris via Mobile. I then ended up on ITV News and also was interviwed for Capital Radio (both live) which left me buzzing.

I looked out for FFUK badges but didnt see anyone wearing!! (tut tut)

Then after quick stop at Mc D's (along with tons of Empire staff) before hitting Odeon West End for "A New Hope".

They had raffel for ROTS premier and the guy sitting next to me won! (B*****d lol).

After that finished, I went back to square and watched the Concert and bumped into Lord Vader and R2D2.

At this point I was lucky enough to meet Anthony Daniels and then hit The Odeon again for "Empire Strikes Back" (quality film - a must on the big screen"!).

Once finished I headed of to Vue for "Return of the Jedi" and enjoyed very much.

Afterwards I headed back into the square and joined the sardine can that was Leicester Square to catch all the arrivies for the premier. (got soaked lol).

Any how im knackered now so im off, but tomorrow I will try (somehow) to get some pics on here.

Cya

Choccy!

2. wookie012

wookie012 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 20, 2005
    cheers choccy look forward to seeing them. looked great fun saw some footage on sky and itv + mtv trl interviewing hayden christain

3. ask-the-younglings

ask-the-younglings Jedi Youngling star 5

Jan 18, 2004
    I've got some decent pics of GL & the guys - need to either find a windoze box or a driver for the camera I used before I can get them online, though :(

Anyone know how/where to access the 'free photos' - Empire lobby thing?

Euff. I've had 6 hours sleep since Saturday morning. Can't make sentences anymore :p

4. Number11MosEisley

Number11MosEisley Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2005
    In the words of Rick Mccallum...........
    That was ******G AWESOME.
    Film was excellent, atmosphere was unbelievable, i shook GL's hand and got Rick Mccallum to sign my passport!!!!!!!!!!
    And to think 36 hours ago i was trying to sell my ticket!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thank you to all in the audience, it was one of the greatest days of my life, i loved all the cheering and clapping through the films
    Must sleep now!

5. Darth_Daver

Darth_Daver Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 23, 2005
  6. notspock

notspock Jedi Youngling

May 11, 2005
    that was amazing. I have no words.. the whole day was amazing. so many high points... and glady sooo many of them in revenge of the sith..

thanks to everyone who was there for just, well being part of it.

7. Raj_Vader

Raj_Vader Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    Bloody amazing!! Rick's words - '******* awesome!'!!!!!

Please, please, please someone on the forum say they have video of the event!!!!! :D

Was literally on the edge of my seat throughout ROTS - will post more after I've digested everything that happened :D

Yoshee Edit: No swearing please, not even in part.

8. Darth_Daver

Jan 23, 2005
    Hayden was supposed to be on GMTV this morning but he didn't make it.

9. thebrit

thebrit Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2005
    I was overwhelmed by the whole gig. I got to meet Rick and George at the party afterwards. I also met Hayden in the cinema and told him what a good job he did. He seemed genuinely pleased with my feedback. He's not as tall as I imagined.. ;-).

Actually, funnily, I shared a cab with Natasha Bedingfield to the party. My girlfriend ended up in her brother's cab together with Warwick Davis and his family(!). All a bit weird. They (the Bedingfields) didn't have tickets but we managed to get them in. Then I danced with Nick Gillard's girlfriend, which was either a good thing or a really dumb thing...

Jeremy Bulloch and Pete Mayhew were chuffed to see me after all this time, and as a favour, I introduced Natasha Bedingfield to Peter Mayhew. Nat - you owe me one....

I have a hangover.

http://imageevent.com/thebrit/nightsout/episodeiiilondonpremiere

10. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    It shall be a day long remembered

I enjoyed everything about it, there was nothing that I would change.

It was great seeing George & Co, they were all very friendly despite being swarmed by a whole bunch of people.

I hope that they do an event like that again sometime

11. zoidy

zoidy Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2005
  12. electroretro

electroretro Jedi Youngling

Jul 8, 2003
    @ thebrit

Do you need a hand picking up all those names your dropping?

Good grief.

13. ask-the-younglings

ask-the-younglings Jedi Youngling star 5

Jan 18, 2004
    He's not as tall as I imagined.. ;-).

Yeah! I always had him down as 6'4" or thereabouts... but the guy's shorter than me! GL, Rick, Ian... all tiny!

14. Darth_Daver

Jan 23, 2005
    On "The Crowd" - bottom-left corner behind and slightly left of the old guy - that'd be me (looking like I've fallen asleep!).

15. sally_doll

sally_doll Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2005
    what a wonderful day.
    i did not stay for the premiere, my son would have been squished.
    it all seemed so normal, why aren't there stormtroopers walking around London?
    the Royal Philarmonic, as soon as the theme started, i had tears streaming down my face.
    wonderful wonderful wonderful

16. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Twas glorious
    A fitting tribute to the films that have so influenced & touched the world

I look forward to seeing if they make a big TV show about yesterday. From what I heard they only had a few clips on the news, nothing major

17. thebrit

Feb 6, 2005
    "Do you need a hand picking up all those names your dropping? "

Take as many as you can carry.

18. Raj_Vader

Raj_Vader Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    They were tiny! I expected George and Ian to be on the short side, but Rick always seemed to be a big guy - I guess its just the lungs :D

It was great the way they came back after the film too - I thought that they'd got their bit 'done and over with' at the beginning - shows true dedication to the fans! They must've slipped out of the celeb party to see us - no small feat for Lucas!

My small claim to fame is I think I've given the Emperor of the Galactic Empire a bruised shoulder, from where where I grabbed him as he was walking down to the front at the end of ROTS [face_blush] :D

19. Jerou

Jerou Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2003
    It was ******* awesome, I was right in front the cinema, third line. And I got my ROTS Novel signed by Rick. Lucas didn't sign it, although my book was right in front of him :(

Anyway, I will upload my pictures soon.

20. electroretro

electroretro Jedi Youngling

Jul 8, 2003
    figured this would be more suited to this thread

I have uploaded 3 videos of the celebration saga sith showing :)

intro by guests
    http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=sithintro

fan reaction to begining of film
    http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=sithibeg

outro by guests
    http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=sithend

visually not too great as it was pretty dark but you can see plenty of lightsabres and hear fan reaction and interviews!!

cheers!

21. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    I shared a cab with Natasha Bedingfield to the party

Did you pick the short straw then?? ;)
    Only joking...I think :p

It was a great event and a lovely way to mark the last Star Wars film.

I too was looking intensely for the FFUK badges but saw none. I was wearning my orange Laynard though, so sorry that we never actually got to meet. I did however bump into an old school friend, which was nice. Plus someone else from these boards from the old days. Shame about the weather, I was freezing because I thought it wise not to bring a coat....d-oh!

I will check out the photos and footage a bit later, but many thanks for the links :D

22. hokers

hokers Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2005
    Hey thebrit, I'm guessing you're someone we should know from your post, can you at least give us a clue?

Anyway, copy of my post from the other thread:

SPOILER-FREE

Rick Mc put it best when he said "Two Words", one of which I probably shouldnt print here but the other was awesome.

Where to start? Early start, very harsh. Stormtroopers + x-wing surprisingly unimpressive. R2D2 inside quite cool.
    Cinema very nice and comfortable, legroom good, sound quality, even seats at the front still about 40ft from the screen, so no craned necks. No bag searches, quite easy-going staff.
    Fans diverse in appearance, from full Jedi gear to completely normal.
    Atmosphere incredible. Laughs, cheers and boos made it great fun to be part of.
    Sound was a bit loud for the original trilogy, but just great to see them in full THX on a huge screen. Menace still rubbish, primarily for Jar-Jar's agonisingly bad everything he did or said. Clones much better, huge cheers from the crowd for Yoda.
    Revenge was oustanding, fast-paced, good action, fights, better blend of politics and the force this time. Truly memorable scene-setting, filling back from references in the original trilogy. Acting much more solid, only one or two dodgy lines. Lots of FX/CGI shots, but felt substantially more 'real' than Menace for example, much less plasticy.

But the highlight of it all was George Lucas, Rick McCallum, Ian McDiarmid, Hayden Christensen all coming in to introduce the film, and then again spontaneously at the end, after a massive standing ovation. What a day, just off the scale.

23. sally_doll

sally_doll Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2005
    those vids were wonderful, thank you xx
    roll on Friday

24. windymiller

windymiller Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2005
    I had a fantastic day yesterday.
    I made it into the sectioned off area next to the red carpet just before they sealed it off around 4.00.

I was annoyed that most of the stars ignored the fans and chose to concentrate on talking to the TV crews on the opposite side, but was made up when George came along the barrier and I got to look him in the eye and say 'thanks'.

The highlight for me was the climax though.
    As the Imperial March boomed out, and Vader and the Stormtroopers marched up the red carpet, to be greeted by the cast in the balcony above the entrance.
    As the music finished, and the crowd started chanting 'THANK YOU!!'.
    It was amazing, I was brought to tears.

All my photos can be found here,
    http://johnmiller.fotopic.net/c543182.html

25. thebrit

Feb 6, 2005
    >Hey thebrit, I'm guessing you're someone we should know from your post, can you at least give us a clue?

Nah. I'm a nobody. I filled in the 'who are you' post a while back and my profile is relatively up to date (I think!).

I'm a member of the 501st.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.