Star Wars Day at Build A Bear this Saturday!

Discussion in 'Bloomington, IN' started by echo-3, Sep 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    We have been asked by Build A Bear to join in on the Release party of New Han Solo and Leia BAB this Saturday the 23rd. Time is most likely Noon - 4:00 , Those that help will be compensated.

Eric
  2. NorvelleJedi05 Force Ghost

star 4
    Sorry Eric. I'm working at Kroger's 11 am - 3 pm.
  3. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Sorry to hear Brian.
    RC is asking for his duty at the Castleton BAB to be relocated to Our store so he can help.
  4. NorvelleJedi05 Force Ghost

star 4
    I'll stop by the store when I get off work.
  5. deepbluejedi Jedi Master

star 4
    did they say what all we'd be doing there?
  6. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    No, When I call back with a head count, Ill ask. :)
  7. NorvelleJedi05 Force Ghost

star 4
    Steve says in the Bloodfin Garrison the BAB event is 2 - 6 pm. If this BAB event is 2 - 6 pm then I can do it. I need someone to pick me up after 3 pm from work and take to my apartment or Franklin Hall to pickup my armor and return to the store. I think I can make this one.
  8. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    According to my contact at the Bloomington store the time is 12:00-4pm , Brian
  9. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    So confirm members to be there are:
    Me
    Amy
    John
    Rc ( Capt Antilles )
    Courtny
    B Brosmer ( after 4pm ?)

I have to turn in a head count by Wednesday.

Edit;
    Removed some members due to the misunderstanding.
  10. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I have some Topp's trading cards I am going to give out to the kids getting the SW bears.
    And members going..PLEASE remember to ware your HA shirts.
  11. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4

Guys,
    We have had a misunderstanding with BAB. They thought we were all custumer's, So now, only 2 or three outside RC is needed. If u still wanna come that's cool. I will be there for a a hr or so but mostly not the hole 4 hrs.
  12. tainted_crimson Jedi Knight

star 2
    Then what was the mention of a free bear or discount? Makes no sense. Why is no one ever organized when they talk to us?
  13. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Basicly this.. They thought we all had costumes. Thus , if we stood in character for a few hrs.. Free bear.
  14. tainted_crimson Jedi Knight

star 2
    ...seriously? Way to be stereotypically full of misunderstanding. I'm actually a little bit offended on principle.
  15. deepbluejedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah that's a pretty lame move to assume we all have some kind of costume. I mean, it's nice that they've heard enough about us to ask for participation....but, not a fan of the presumption.
  16. HoosierTrooper Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    My guess is that they assumed everyone had costumes because of the nationwide event BAB is doing with the 501st/Rebel Legion. The Hoosier Alliance is probably the only non-costumed club working the BAB event in the entire country; given that 99% of the stores are only having costumers attend, its possible the manager assumed the HA were costumers as well. Not saying that the assumption was entirely justified, but I can understand where the confusion might have come from.
  17. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Guys
    If you dont want to come out to the BAB event Saturday ,dont feel oblagated to do so.
    It was a big misunderstanding on BAB part. They usume we would all be dress up. I explane to them we are not a costuming group like the 501rst. I will only be going in suport of RC ( he will be there as a Rebel trooper ) and wont stay past an HR. I wish we could have done more to help but us standing around with out costumes...creepy since there will be 2-10 year old childred with parents woundering what the heck we doing .

Eric
  18. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Update:
    I wont be going at all now, I was told there was no real need for any member that wasnt Dressing up for the release. So...
    Good luck RC.
  19. NorvelleJedi05 Force Ghost

star 4
    [image=http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u225/norvellefett52/Lauraandmembersoflegion501.jpg]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.