main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Day at Exploris - Jan 4 2003

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by TallonKaardgamer, Dec 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Title - Star Wars Day at Exploris
    Date - Saturday, the 4th of January, 2003
    Time - 2:00 - 5:00pm
    Location - Exploris
    Description - 2:00 pm Costume Contest?The person with the best Star Wars costume gets 2 free passes to see Star Wars Episode 2: Attack of the Clones at the IMAX® Theatre at Exploris and a special Star Wars prize pack. Costumed participants receive free admission to Exploris museum.
    2:00 pm to 5:00pm: Star Wars CCG game demos and open play
    3:00 pm: Light saber dueling demonstration

2. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    I will deffinately be there!

Can me and Chris bring our cards too? Or is it CCG only.......Sorry I just had to ask.

3. JediKnight_Jerri

JediKnight_Jerri Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2002
    Just wanted to let you know that some of us from Jacksonville will be there. We can't wait!!!

4. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    And a few of us from Havelock are coming along as well. Complete with Armor.

:) We can't wait!

-Jane

5. Jedi_Knight_Andrea

Jedi_Knight_Andrea Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2002
    I know I will probably be there (as a Jedi), and a friend of mine(might come) and will probably be either my padawan(like @ IMAX) or as Padme.
    Hope to see everyone there!
    Andrea

6. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Natalie, silly person... you and Chris are honored guests at my events, but beware, Corey and those guys who play in the tourney may want to cross you back over to the Light Side, tho.... hee hee hee

7. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    I'm bringing my Star Wars Electronic Battleship, Monopoly, and 3 jigsaw puzzles for a timed team contest. Corey and the gang from the Star Wars Decipher CCG team will run a sealed deck tourney for $10 entry, and you'll get a pair of Special edition decks and a booster.

This'll be cool! :cool:

8. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    I'm bringing Star Wars Monopoly, my Armor and a camera to take pictures.

Rock on!

9. joehahn000

joehahn000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    I will be there...that is if I am not so sick :_|

10. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Tomorrow's the day! Be there!

11. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Oh no I can't make it! Me and Chris have to finish visiting family before shool starts and we have to leave today for Fayetteville. I have some ideas for future events too, I've figured out how to make quicktime movies with pictures so I could put together some pictures of all the events so we can show the movies during the events. I'd have put together something except I just got back from NH and now I'm leaving again. Well I'll miss not seeing everyone, maybe next time it will work out!

Good luck and have fun!!
    ~Natalie

12. joehahn000

joehahn000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    I can't go to the 'star wars day at exploris'but I might come to the 81 birthday for tolkien. :)

13. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    OHMIGOSH it was so much fun!!!! :D :D :D

Sean Dudley and the 501st Stormtrooper Carolina garrison ruled the day! Those guys were awesome! They arrived early and trooped inside the theater. Then they hosted the costume contest at 2PM with special guest and professional costumer Cheralyn Lambeth.

Cheralyn has done work for Paramount on Star Trek.

Corey Boba brought enough SWCCG Decipher product to have a Special Edition sealed deck tourney for 6! and plenty left over to sell. Between what I brought extra and what Patrick Hines brought of Premiere Unlimited, Corey sold about 10 started decks.

Ivan Kanner brought a huge box of 6000 SWCCG cards to give away - it was so heavy he had to dolly the stuff inside the cafe at 1PM. As I kept announcing the freebies, by 6PM, they were all gone.

I held sway over the chaos inside the cafe for other games. The Star Wars Monoopoly,
    Race to the Death Star, Jigsaw puzzles, and Electronic Battleship were a hit. I gave out 3 Size Matters Not IMAX posters to the winners of the Jigsaw puzzle which took all of 1.5 hours to complete.

Many special thanks to the ladies of the pirate coast, Jane and Jerri, for providing lots of fun with the Star Wars music and CD player. They helped make this a special event by adding the ambiance and backdrop music with themes from the movies.

My son Adam and his date Jackie were there - Jackie kicked Adam's butt in Star Wars Electronic Battleship. She'll win another IMAX poster.

Jane, Jerri, and my family saw the IMAX movie at 4PM. I was able to get a couple of freebie vouchers for Jane and Jerri. It's nice to be well connected ;)

So that's about it. Jane and Jerri have invited us all to the east coast to come on down for Pirate Fests and SeaFood Fests this coming spring. I can see it now - Sandtroopers on the Ocean ... taking over pirate ships in costume ... lol..... :D

14. JediKnight_Jerri

Nov 7, 2002
    Tallon, what a GREAT Day! All of us there from Jacksonville & Havlock had soooo much fun! For those of you who couldn't be there, let's just say.....It was a day worthy of going into the archives!!! Thanks Tallon for all your planning & hard work! :)

15. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    You helped make it quite an event! I wonder who was the lady from Channel 14 Carolina cable? Wonder if we could scarf a copy of the videotape somehow?

16. JediKnight_Jerri

Nov 7, 2002
    That would be sooo great if we could get a copy of that tape Tallon.....since you are there in Raleigh, I suggest you try & contact her. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.