main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London Star Wars Day at Forbidden Planet

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by LAJ_FETT , Mar 15, 2013.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    The FP London Megastore is holding a Star Wars Day on May 4 from 1pm-5pm to celebrate the release of Vader's Little Princess. You can check out the details here!

2. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    Thanks for the heads up! I'll be checking that out.

3. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Will probably be working when this is on, but it sounds like fun

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I might go. Depends on train/Tube maintenance.

5. emilsson

emilsson Force Ghost star 6

Oct 5, 1998
    I will probably go as well. It's been far too long since I went to a SW event.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  6. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I really want to go! It'd be good to meet you guys at least, and there's a few things I want to pick up from FP too.

7. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I probably won't know til late April. The event is on a Bank Holiday weekend and there's normally quite a bit of train/tube disruption then for maintenance. I need Southwest Trains and the Northern Line to be running to get to FP.

8. emilsson

Oct 5, 1998
    I'm definitely up for a meet up.

In regards to planned enginering works, according to the TFL website, the southern sections of the Northern Line will be running as usual during that weekend (however, the line will be closed between Edgware and Hampstead). Southwest has the following information: http://www.southwesttrains.co.uk/MayEng2013.aspx#115590

9. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    So far so good on SW trains. The works at Barnes are the closest to me but the route via Hounslow is a branch line. Most of the trains to Waterloo from here don't go that way.

10. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Can we arrange to meet at Waterloo? If I go then I'll be arriving at 11:50am.

11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    If Bonapartes is still in Waterloo that's not a bad place to meet up. It was over near the Ladies last time I was there.

12. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Have we gone back in time?

13. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Maybe...

14. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
  15. CrashTheHedgehog100

CrashTheHedgehog100 Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2013
    Sounds cool, I will probably go.

16. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I know this isn't Star Wars related but I thought there might be fans who would be interested. Dan Abnett is going to be at Forbidden Planet! The only question is, would asking him to sign all the books and comics that I have by him be too much? [face_mischief]

17. emilsson

Oct 5, 1998
    Seeing as it is now only two days shall we try to decide on a time and place for those of us who want to meet up? Waterloo is fine by me :).

18. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    How about 12 outside Starbucks or the pasty shop?

Oh, and we should probably swap phone numbers. I have Richie's, but that's all.

19. emilsson

Oct 5, 1998
    Sounds like a good idea. 12pm works for me.

20. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    So how did it go?

21. emilsson

Oct 5, 1998
    It turned out very well. Forbidden Planet was a lot of fun and I managed to get hold of two books that I have wanted for years. Then we went to Camden and had a very nice time at a pub :).

22. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Yup, it was rather good. I had my picture taken with some stormtroopers, Darth Vader, and Dan Abnett, who also signed some of my books! Turned out I was in the queue just in front of someone who had written for Games Workshop and had written 'fighting fantasy' books as well as someone who didn't like their agent. Was good tiems. emilsson dragged me around London some, but we saw a statue of a naked man beating a naked boy. Rather surreal.

23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I don't think we need a pic of that.. :p