main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY Star Wars Day At Hollywood Video/ Game Crazy: 11/5/05

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by StarFromIHJ, Oct 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    DB 516 cordially invites you to our Star Wars Day at Hollywood Video/Game Crazy event in Lake Ronkonkoma on November 5, 2005, from 4 - 8 PM. Come celebrate the double release of Revenge of the Sith on DVD and Battlefront II. Come in costume, bring the kids... and stop by our table!

Click here for directions to the event!

2. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    This is gonna be a fun event. We'll have our famous "Shoot Jar Jar" game and prizes to win. Everyone is invited.
    Come in costume or come in plain clothes. --Billy

3. PlayzOboe

PlayzOboe Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2005
    I'll see if I can make it, it sounds like much fun.

Sarah

4. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    I'll be there

5. buster726

buster726 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    OH?!!! why did you guys have to choose that date? Sorry NJO is having a charity dinner that night. would have liked to see the alien's return to the island!

6. Moorglade

Moorglade Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2002
    Blame Lucasfilm! They picked that week to release the DVD.

But we'll miss you... :(

7. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    I'll be there.

Cause I live around the block practically lol.

8. buster726

buster726 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    I do blame lucasfilm for many many many things!!!

9. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    Ok, I have a couple options for this, and you guys let me know which is more convenient for you:

Since it's a weekend, I can use a CityTicket to go to Little Neck and hitch a ride with Abhay, or go to Forest Hills and hitch a ride with Billy and Triss. The little perk for me is that if I go to Forest Hills, I can avoid the LIRR altogether and use the subway instead. (The E, F, V, and R lines go there.) If I get the same ride back, I can spend only $4 with the subway instead of $6 with LIRR. So, would that latter option be ok with you, Billy? Believe me, right now a couple bucks matters to me. [face_blush]

10. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Moriah, As we finalized at the Fan club dinner, we can pick you up at Forest Hills that day. --Billy

11. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    Um, yeah, but I'm gonna be coming on the subway instead of the LIRR. Just so you know. ;)

12. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Yes when youre on the E train, ride the front of the train so you use the front exit out of the station at Forest Hills 71st and Continental stop. We will look for you at 2 PM in front of the Midway Movie theatre.

13. cyranodb

cyranodb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2001
    Ahhh...the midway. that's where I saw Jedi and The Phantom Menace.

14. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    So I hear we will have another trooper, a clone trooper or "Evil Storm Trooper" as he himself calls it. I have been practicing my line of "Execute Order 66" all day.
    See ya all tomorrow. --Billy

15. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Good luck, everyone!

Take some cool pics, people! :)

16. Comrade

Comrade Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2005
    Hey guys! Thanks for coming to Game Crazy! You guys did great!

17. Negch-Bogle

Negch-Bogle Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2005
    Hey everybody! ^_^ I worked at my job at Waldbaum's until 7:20pm & as such was only there for the festivities for like, 40 minutes or so, although I did end up going to the Lake Rock Diner with most of you afterwards. I'm the other, other Chris (aka "Mr. Negri" to the regulars & Store Manager Chris over at Game Crazy).

I didn't get to speak with most of you at the Diner, due to table seating, but I did speak with the other Chris (aka "Snowtrooper Chris"-or that's at least how I'll remember him, as my memory is a little flakey when meeting so many new people at once, lol), Rob, Rob's son Robbie, Rob's wife whose name begins with an "A" (wow my memory sucks.I knew I should have brought my note pad w/ me) "Day-nuh" (sorry my brain blew a few motivators & I'm having difficulty remembering how to spell it..heh :-D), Dave or Dan (who sat to the left of me & I really should've remembered your name better >_<) & I met/shook hands with the Emperor, discussed a Star Wars RPG with someone else (a nice lady), shook hands/met someone nick-named "Ark" & numerous other people that my brain failed to remember name details. I remember what you all look like, just the names are fuzzy. >_<

Memory loss aside, it was a pleasure to meet all of you & am looking forward to the oppurtunity to see you all again. ^__^

Take care & talk to you guys later. :-D

-Chris, aka Mister Negri, aka Negch-Bogle

18. Inno-Vader

Inno-Vader Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2004
    WAS THAT FANTASTIC OR WHAT??!!

Hey guys -

Sorry I couldn't join you at the diner. I just got home from conducting a store inventory. It's now EXACTLY 5AM ... grrrrr ...

anyhow -

this event was wayyy too fun to put into words. It was great seeing so many kids have pics taken and, as expected, shooting Jar Jar was a hit!

I personally wanted to thank all of you for coming out and making a day of it. I'm glad my "minions" at the store got to meet all of you.

And weren't the saber fights outside just AWESOME in the dark? That was just TOO COOL!

My store is at your disposal for anything you want to put together in the future. I had a great time with you guys and I look forward to chillin' again soon.

Thanks again and see you at the mall!

Chris

END TRANSMISSION (YES, physically typed in Ark :) )

19. cyranodb

Aug 26, 2001
    Hi Guys,

Just wanted to say thanks for the invite. I had a great time hanging out. Everyone was sure having a great time and you certainly put a smile on a lot of faces. I'm sorry I had to split early but I still had a blast. Also great seeing everyone. Thanks again guys.

Mike

20. cyranodb

Aug 26, 2001
    Wasn't able to edit my previous post in time. I didn't take many photos...I always forget because I'm having fun. Here are two photos I was able to get.

Commander Cody, execute order 66.
    [image=http://photos.imageevent.com/cyranodb/starwarsstuff/websize/Order66.jpg]

Elvis Leia

[image=http://photos.imageevent.com/cyranodb/starwarsstuff/websize/ElvisLeia.jpg]

21. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Hey Everybody,
    That was a great event. It was fun and the turn out of people was amazing. We had at least 15 costumers there and a slew of Lightsabres and masks. Prizes were given out on the hour. DB516's Shoot Jar Jar game was again a big draw great success. Ark did a great job running that show.
    Chris, aka Mister Negri, aka Negch-Bogle great to meet you and have you there. Mike from Mepa, glad to see you and the Bluebug come all the way out. Thanks for the photos
    Chris Game Crazy you are the best. You have a great group of gamers there at your store. We'll look for any excuse to do more events there. And those shoot Jar Jar sticky dart guns were awesome!!
    Rob Tkaos did a great job as laison for the club. Everyone in DB516 came together for a great event. Nearly 100% attendance!!
    Whats next?

--Billy (The Emperor)

PS. - Photos to be up on DB516.com soon.

22. RnRJedi007

RnRJedi007 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2003
    Hi everyone. I had alot of fun yesterday.
    It was great to meet you Mike. Game Crazy (GC)Chris
    thankx for the guns for Jar Jar game. They were great.
    You & your crew were great. I wish you ,Mike & Kenny
    could have made the dinner. Maybe next time. I was
    having such a good time. I had no idea of the time. Plus
    it could be that Troopers don't have watches. I guess I
    can't tell time anymore. LOL!!! Also like Mike
    I didnt take many pix. I will put them in the computer
    soon. I have to get ready for work (Closing what a bummer).

Rob (aka T-KAOS)

23. Dolt

Dolt Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2004
    Wow, it sounds like it was a LOT of fun--I wish I could have gone, but I was stuck on baby duties while my wife worked in the afternoon/evening at the library. I hope you guys bring photos to the next meeting at the B'way mall. Glad it was such a success!
    Clive

24. RnRJedi007

RnRJedi007 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2003
    Clive, wish you could have be there. But we
    will see at the next meeting on the 13th.
    I'll see on 18th for your fan film show.
    Can you give us hint about it
    (its in Westbury again right)?

Rob T-KAOS

25. Inno-Vader

Inno-Vader Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2004
    I'm not sure whether you guys remember him, but one of my regulars, John AKA NotNinja in the forums, took some video of the event. He put together a nice 30 second or so visual on what we did that day.

The guy in the beginning is 15-year old Mike. Mike goes by Master-Razgriz in the forums. Yes, he looks like he's 17 or 18 because he is very big for his age. Anyhow, wait until you see the MR sabers outside in this clip. They look absolutely real.

I hope you enjoy!

http://notninja.textamerica.com/?r=3619914

Chris

END TRANSMISSION

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.