I.E., CA Star Wars Day at Paul A. Biane Libray--May 29, 2009

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Symina, Feb 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda

VIP
    star 4

You're not being such a hard-noser on this one, as this is how it is and should be.

I would like to go over a few things when we all get there today as well, which will back Kari up with her post here. This is a huge event people, we need to do it right beacuse all eyes will be upon us!
  2. librarywalker Jedi Youngling

star 1
    we've got this sign in 11"x17" framed if you would like to use it at the IEFF booth

[image=http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu341/crimsonadam/HelmetRaffle.jpg]
  3. jedifan77 Jedi Master

star 5
    Adam, that looks amazing!!! Thank you! We'd be thrilled to use it!

Now, let's just hope I remember to bring the darn helmet!

PM sent regarding the 7 people that volunteered on the OC boards.
  4. han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda

VIP
    star 4
    You are amazing Adam... Yes we want to use it!!![face_dancing] =D=
  5. Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan

star 4
    D'oh! :oops: What a dummy I am, [face_blush] I totally forgot about 2 of the people who said they were coming. I still don't know for sure about Jedi Taz, I don't know if he was able to borrow a costume or not.
  6. pilot_darklight Jedi Youngling

star 1
    AWWW That was a blast. I will have some pics up tomorrow. By the way, I wanted to say thanks for the good times.
  7. Darth_Al Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Just want to drop a line and say that you are all the best, the ABSOLUTE best!!!!...I think Im going to go crawl in bed and pass out for a week now! Whew!!!
  8. jangosmom Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Oh, man, what an incredible night!!! It was so nice to meet Doug and Jon. Ben, what an asset you are to our group. Thank you for all of your equipment that you brought. Thanks to Chris, for helping out so much. You are a good sport for coming along. Sheila, you are such an amazing sales person for our group, which is truly remarkable since you're not the fan. Thank you for always helping us out!!!! Mike, you did an great job on our name tags and man are you the P.R. man extrodinaire, having a name tag for Kyle and the sign ready for him to hold. You are just soooo prepared!! Minda, girls, Nikol & Chrissy, it was sooo nice to see you all again. ( It was great to see everyone else too, but I really haven't seen Minda and Nikol for a loonnnggg time!!) Al and Adam- you guys did an amazing job of putting everything together! Congrats. on a great event. I had so much fun, I've really missed you guys. It's great to be able to participate again!!! Hugs to you all!!! If I left anyone out, I'm sorry, so I'll just say a giant "thank you" to everyone for a job well done tonight!!!
  9. librarywalker Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I totally agree with Allen. Tonight was great and i'm so glad you could all be a part of it. I hope everyone had a great time. Last i heard the number was 699 tickets collected.
  10. han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda

VIP
    star 4
    I could sum up tonight with one word------> AWESOME! The IEFF ROCKS!!!=D=

To everyone who made it here tonight, thank you so much for all your over the top attitude and help. This truly was a group effort. I will be posting pics this weekend with the link to the rest as well. (We got some good ones!) I will also personally thank each of you then as your Future Group Leader is sleepy now (Did I say that out loud?):D
  11. jedifan77 Jedi Master

star 5
    Yep, you said it out loud.

Mike... you're amazing... and so is your wife! Dane's got it going on, too!! And Chris is pretty great, too!

Your enthusiasm for whatever you undertake is always beyond words. Thank you for all you did last night ( and many nights prior ) to make the IEFF booth ROCK and keep rockin' through the night! Shelia, even though you say you're "not a fan", you're enthusiasm and support of the IEFF almost matches Mike's. We couldn't do without either of you!

You're also awesome, Sonya! We did it! One down, one (kinda two) to go.

Nicole and Debbie, it was so good to have you guys out with us again! How's the phone, Nicole?

Everyone single one of you that were at this event last night deserve to be recognized. As always, the group effort worked. You guys always make me so proud to be a part of the IEFF!!

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures.

I'm sorry that I wasn't nearly as much help as I should have been. I just didn't do a good job of wearing two hats last night. My apologies and thanks to everyone that stepped up and took care of what needed to be done!

Oh yea, I did a rough count of all the raffle money.... about $380. I think I might still have a little more at school.

One more shout out to Shelia! Thank you for occasionally letting me borrow Mike. Your generosity with him is truly appreciated! Especially last night! Thanks for driving last night, Mike! I really don't know if I could have made it home otherwise!
  12. pilot_darklight Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Here are my photos from the event. Instead of clogging up the board with singles here is the album URL.

http://s217.photobucket.com/albums/cc268/porter_doug/Star%20Wars%20day%202009/

Feel free to use any of them you want. Just give credit to Porter/Ybarra if you post somewhere else not on the boards. Thanks. Enjoy.
  13. benct7 Jedi Youngling

Man what a fun night. My family and I had a great time. My girls loved all the activities going on. This morning I got phone calls from friends who asked me when the next one is because they loved it. I didn't get to see everything that was going on inside the library, but I heard there was something interesting for everybody. Great job to Allen, Adam, Mike and all the rest of you guys. Everyone who helped really had everything prepared and organized. I am really proud to be part of the best Fan Force there is. Sorry I had to leave before the last few things got packed up, but I was having trouble staying awake on the drive home because I had been at work at 2 A.M. early Friday Morning. I won't leave you guys hanging again next time. I will say that the library staff was very helpfull with us as we set up all the video equipment/power supply and the table when I first got there, so make sure they get a pat on the back. Thanks again to everyone.

P.S. I want to thank whoever posted the pictures on IEFF photobucket's webpage. In particular, picture #295 is a nice picture of my big fat butt. Make sure you tell your friends to check that one out. I laughed for 10 minutes when I saw that one. It almost looks like a Gamorrean Guard in a black shirt and jeans. Awesome!
  14. han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda

VIP
    star 4
    You're welcome, that was me!:D
  15. Darth_Al Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Just thought I'd pass along this e-mail that Kyle Newman sent me:

"We had a great time and everyone was extremely nice. Thank you!!"
  16. jedifan77 Jedi Master

star 5
    Ben, Mike took a wonderful one of my behind... in my orange pilot suit with the grey strap down the middle. There's just no making that look good!

Thanks, Mike!
  17. han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda

VIP
    star 4
    Here's a few pics with the link to the 305 pics I took. I know Kari has her pics there too. Great pics all the way around! [face_dancing]

As I said earlier, I would thank each of you personally for the outstanding job everyone did. So here you go. To our new folks that were there ----->=D=
    You guys totally rocked for your first event! Nothing like getting right into it!

Ben, thank you so very much for the use of your equipment. You being here with the use of what you've got, gives the group that much more professionalism + credibility. Your help was so very much appreciated. This is your second event and you're a natural pro!

Doug...WOW! You were my second set of eyes + hands when I needed them most. Thanks! Way to step up and get your "hands dirty"! You're a welcome addition to the club indeed!

Jennifer, you've got a great personality and smile to match! You're exactly what this club is about and it totally showed when you were in the thick of it at the table. You did a superb job! Thanks!

Debbie, it was so nice to have you back in the saddle with us! We're so much more complete with you here. Thank you for helping me stay focused when things were a little crazy (which I love)! You making sure I was okay, was just what I needed yesterday to do what I needed to do. And ofcourse your laugh + smile brightened the table even though we were in the dark! Proof is in the pics!

Nikol, it was so cool having you with us yesterday! Thanks for taking all the pics of pushing the Falcon yesterday (priceless). You're such a goof ball, you totally make me laugh when we do an event together. You being there helps with the magic created as always! Thanks for playing with the group at least for last night. We miss having you + Ronnie around.

Minda, what a pleasant experience having you there last night. Way to go at the table by the way, what a pro! Hopefully we'll have a chance to be seeing more of you soon. Your time + help was much appreciated! Thanks for a great experience.

Sandy, as always, thanks for coming and doing what you can. You make me laugh.

Bill...my amigo! It wouldn't have been the same without you! The opportunity to create the magic with you is always welcome and much anticipated as the pics show. Thanks for all your sleepless nights making sure the Falcon is ready to go. You add a special kind of class to the group that only you can bring!

Sonya, thank you for even getting this whole thing going with the library. Thanks for letting me get involved on this. I PM you about this as well. You bring a certain character to the group that is much appreciated! Your involvement + desire to see this group grow into what will be, by your dedication, is first class all the way! By the way, I've got your badge!:)

Kari, thanks for the fun pics as always and your dedication as well in giving the IEFF something to be proud of! You've been a good madame president + thanks for stepping up on this event here at the end. Your desire to see us shine as a group is reflected back at you by the way you carried yourself last night. We've got something special with you being a part of this group.

Adam + Allen, words cannot be enough to say thank you for letting us play last night. Wow wee whoa! You guys are truly awesome and a most welcome part of the IEFF! It's a rare find to find people to step up and be a part of something like this, but to have the Uber fans know as "The Adam" + "The Allen", well that's even more rare. Your character and intense desire to please the crowds will never really be appreciated by the general public, but for us is Star Warsville, you guys are like rock stars! Thank you.

Kevin, thanks for helping out at the table + with the drawing. Your time is much appreciated.

Now that I'm done slobbering over everyone, here's a few pics with the link to the rest. There were many more pics to choose from with much more funny + candid pics at our album. If you're not here, it's not personal.:)

[image=http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w193/ieffphotoalbum/2009%20Events%20and%20Fu
  18. librarywalker Jedi Youngling

star 1
    BTW on the photobucket page the vid of Vadar doing "Itsy Bitsy Spider" is the greatest thing i have ever seen.
  19. jangosmom Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Great pics. everyone!!!
  20. jedifan77 Jedi Master

star 5
    I actually get to take credit for the Itsy Bitsy Spider video. I bailed on the Rebels when they went into the Hall to read and spied on the bad guys instead. It was very funny! Glad I stayed!

Mike, as always, one of the best parts of any event is your after-event picture post! I love that the picture you posted of you showing the little boy your lightsaber happens to be of a really good friend of mine and one of her boys.

I sent an email of thanks off to your bro-in-law. Thanks for posting his email address.
  21. Symina Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Adam and Allen, thank you so much for running around like chickens with your heads cut off (I literally saw Adam running around with a crazed look in his eye [face_laugh]) to make sure this event was a success. I can't even imagine how much work you put in to make this whole thing fly. Thank you!!!!

When you have a minute, will you give us an overall rundown of the night and how everything went/what was everyone's reaction? I missed all the stuff that was going on inside so it's going to be difficult to write a "mission report" for the 501st boards, other than what I saw during the Imperial storytime. :)
  22. Jendi Jedi Knight

star 1
    It was such a great evening. I even had my non-star wars fan coworkers show up and they were so impressed and want tickets for next year. They also want to know what is next on the agenda for the IEFF. Allen and Adam you are a truely a rock star librarians. I had so much fun meeting the rest of the IEFF, you guys were great. I can't wait to get started on my costumes!!!! Thank you all for welcoming me into your group. I really really really really really liked meeting Kyle Newman. He was so down to earth and nice, Fanboys is on a continuous loop on my TV. Hope you guys get some rest, can't wait to see you all again.
  23. jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Wow! What an awesome night that was!!!!
    It is absolutely positively fan-freaking-tastic to see so many Star Wars fans and to see new interest in the IEFF. Yay!!!
    I certainly had a blast and I am very grateful to Adam and Allen for taking such good care of us and for letting us come out and play. Thank you both so very very much!!!!
    I can't wait til next year! Bring on the jugglers and bouncy houses!! [face_laugh]
    Thanks to our awesome group for making it such a great night!
    And thanks to the additional forces who came out and made Star Wars Night rock!!
  24. han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda

VIP
    star 4
    If you haven't had a chance to email Christian (He's the District manager) at Gamestop for giving us the goodies he did for our raffle, please take a quick moment and do so to show your appreciation, as he gave us $100 in merchandise. If you already...YOU ROCK!!!

Here's his direct email:christiansteen@gamestop.com
  25. Darth_Al Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Hi Sonya,
    Mike and Kari mentioned getting together for lunch sometime next week with Adam and I to compare notes about the event. Does that sound good? By the way patrons are still buzzing about the event and already asking when next years will be happening.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.