main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA Star Wars Day at Paul A. Biane Libray--May 29, 2009

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Symina, Feb 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. librarywalker

librarywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2009
    Awesome day today. THE RAFFLE IS A GO! There are some concerns about wording, but nothing that should matter to the integrity of the IEFF and the raffle. Got some amazing news regarding a special guest, (Allen and i made a noise disrupting woo after reading the email) hopefully more to come on that. Public enthusiasm is off the charts. I truly think 1000 people is a foregone conclusion. Allen and i are working to set up the logistics so that as many people as possible can see the event, and i think we've got some good plans in place to do so. We're also scheduling it so that you guys get a chance to wander around and see the sights. I have no doubt that what you guys offer is a great sacrifice in time, energy and resources, i also have no doubt that SWN will reward every bit of that. I can safely say, prepare for the IEFF and other PR tables to be swamped.

2. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    Sounds exciting, I can't wait to hear about this mystery guest!

3. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    I know! I'm looking forward to our meeting tomorrow evening!

4. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    Does this mean we're having a table / tent set up? [face_thinking]

5. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    That's a good question. If anybody has any questions or suggestions about this event, please post them by tomorrow (Thursday) afternoon. That way we can have them to ask Allen and Adam at our meeting.

6. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    What meeting? Whose attending this?

7. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Sonya and I are meeting with Allen and Adam from the Biane library. We need to find out how to pronounce the darn name. :D Actually, this is for us to find out what they have planned, what they need from us and whether or not we can provide it all. As awesome as the IEFF is, I don't think there will be a problem there. (No, I'm not at all proud of our group!!)

We'll post everything after the meeting.

8. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    I'm on pins and needles!!! I'm all excited now, can't wait![face_dancing]

9. librarywalker

Mar 5, 2009
    here's another pin/needle

The director of the movie Fanboys, Kyle Newman has confirmed that he'll be able to come. We plan to have a panel discussion/Q&A as well as a DVD signing session. Actually, hopefully 2. We're hoping to work with a local retailer to have copies of the DVD available for sale.

You have no idea how proud and pleased this makes me.

10. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    [face_dancing]

[face_dancing] [face_dancing]

[face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

Congratulations!!!!

Yes, have DVD's for sale! I need one!

11. librarywalker

Mar 5, 2009
    the DVD sale sounds like a pretty done deal, we just need to know how many will be needed. No doubt Mr. Newman's got a huge plate and a lot on it, so the fact that he's agreed to come means the world to us.

12. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    I really want one too. HanChewie clan.

13. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Me too please!

14. Symina

Nov 8, 2006

+2 !!!!

15. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    LiAnikan from the OC just signed on for Clone Wars Anakin !! Yea!

16. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    I wants one autographed too! Do we know hoiw much they will be, I will need to give money to someone to get me one.

17. Symina

Nov 8, 2006
    Yay!

18. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006

19. librarywalker

Mar 5, 2009
    I'm not typically referred to as an optimist (I've been a Cubs fan for two long not to have both swings of the pendulum), but to me, your idea of a SNAFU means the opportunity for different people to have a chance to see what SWN can be all about. After our meeting yesterday i couldn't be more excited. Being in the inland empire means that lots of people don't get a chance to see what the SW world has to offer. But these are people with kids and those kids are the ones running up to the SW display at the library and pointing and having their pictures taken. Rancho Cucamonga is a city of 150K, add in Ontario, Fontana, Upland, Victorville and the high desert and we're talking a huge population. All aching for SW exposure. I couldn't be more impressed by your committment to bringing the SW world to them.

I'll be honest, i don't have kids, and i don't understand them or relate to them, but i know unbridled enthusiasm when i see it, and i've seen so many faces light up when members of the 501st, the Rebel Legion and beyond show up. You guys are heroes to these kids.

So as always we invite everyone, we've got Kyle Newman, Randy Martinez, Denise Vasquez and activities for the kids, and crafts and story times and a professor from LaVerne and more. Clearly a little bit of something for all ages, be you fan or costumed participant. In addition to the hundreds or thousands of people clamoring for tickets, once the thousands of people at the community mall hear a 40 piece wind orchestra playing the SW music expect even more. This is a chance to bring the SW experience to the hundreds of thousands of people living in the IE. All they need is a taste and they'll be hooked, like i was.

And at the center of it all will be the IEFF table with the clone trooper helmet raffle.

Thank you one and all for your continued enthusiasm and participation. I can't wait to thank everyone in person.

20. Darth_Al

Darth_Al Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2009
    I second everything Adam said in the post above. Patrons young and old are taking flyers, basking in the display and excitedly asking for any and all details about the event like it's x-mas day (adam and I are also on cloud 9 at being able to throw this all together too in case you hadnt noticed). Thank you all again for making this happen and I hope you all know how much we appreciate all you're doing and how many people who dont normally get to take part in an event like this due to geography and/or economics that you are going to make extremely happy. May the force be more than with you!-Allen

21. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Sandy and Bill, I love the Falcon, am proud to say she's a member of the IEFF and am thrilled every time you bring her to events. She's always a crowd pleaser! However.....

for the library event, she'd have to be parked by the door by the parking structure. All the activity and action will be on the other side of the building. If you bring her, whoever stays out with her will completely miss out on all the fun. I'd much rather the two of you be able to join in all the activities and hang out with us. I don't want either of you to be left out of anything! What do you think about leaving her home this time?

So, as much as I love the Falcon, I'd rather see her miss out on the day than you guys.

22. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    I agree. Your presence is much more important, as you don't want to miss out on all the festivities and great photo ops! :D

23. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Actually, the SNAFU/Hick-up gave other members of the 501st the chance to show how awesome they are. I can't say enough about that group and how they continually step up to the plate when needed! That's why the IEFF works so well with them. I feel my people are the same way! (Had to get that IEFF plug in) :D

Wow, you make us sound like hero's and rock stars! I wish I really was as cool as that... then, maybe, I could get a date! [face_laugh] [face_blush]

What's interesting about the IEFF is that less than 3 years ago, we were nothing more than a social Star Wars fan group that meet once a month. Since that time we have morphed into something that all of us are so proud of. We're still that same social group, but now we're also friends, family and people that love to give back to the community in the best way we know how; through our combined love of Star Wars. Trust me, we get a total kick out of doing this and are thrilled that you've given us another opportunity to do good deeds for our community while hanging out with friends and having a blast.

Even though a lot of the costumers are also elbow deep in another project, we're all still excited about SW Night! Can't say this group is ever short on enthusiasm!

24. librarywalker

Mar 5, 2009
    I'm sure all of you have seen the looks on the kids faces. It means a lot to these kids, and i like seeing that. Yes, old softee Adam is showing through.

I've always looked at the SWN as: you guys have the skills and the expereince, Allen and i have the building and some resources, so let's team up and have fun and make a lot of people really happy and have a night to enjoy.

25. librarywalker

Mar 5, 2009
    i edited the quote for space. I agree with it all, and loved that you were able to participate in the last Star Wars Day and the telethon. The spot in the back Arbor Court is guarenteed but not ideal, i'm still working with the head of facilities on getting facilities to let it be parked in the main courtyard where the action is. Don't count it out yet. You know how it is, you fix a guy's computer, he owes you a favor right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.