main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA Star Wars Day at Paul A. Biane Libray--May 29, 2009

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Symina, Feb 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. librarywalker

librarywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2009
    Excellent, thank you, it's such a good cause and we really want to support you in any way possible. I'm gonna try to set it up so that people can buy tickets ahead of time. Not sure how, but i gotta get permission first, then we'll figure it out if need be. At the very least we want to promote the heck out of it on SWN.

2. librarywalker

Mar 5, 2009
    On the day of the ticket release last Sat. Glen mentioned a IEFF or 501st video that's about 2 hours long. I want to show it in the library, just run it the whole time. Can someone arrange to get me a copy at least for just that night.

3. Darth_Al

Darth_Al Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2009
    Anybody else who'd like to drop by the library and visit Adam and I to see exactly what we have in store for next week come on by! We've got the library Star Wars-ized to the hilt and it seems as if the whole city of Cucamonga is banging on our doors trying to get in. I am not exaggarating when I say the library has never seen anything like the response we've been getting to this by a mile. It's amazing to think how far we've come since we did this last year. I dont know how many times and how many different way I can say thanks for making this a reality but thanks.

4. Darth_Al

Darth_Al Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2009
    New logo looks SWEET!!!

5. librarywalker

Mar 5, 2009
    As Usual Darth Al phrases it better than i ever could.

6. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    I've got a slideshow that's 15 minutes long that shows our group doing different events throughout the year (including the library event last year). I put it together with windows movie maker. It's not as professional as the 501st video but it's still good as far as people being able to see what we're all about.

I'm not sure about the dvd that the 501st has as in being able to play theirs continously. Our's you can though. Kari + Sonya would know for sure on the dvd from the 501st.

7. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    I'm not sure about the 501st video. At FCBD, they had to keep messing with the DVD every time a section was done playing. Honestly, I'd prefer to just have ours for this night.

8. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
  9. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Here are the shirts the library staff will be sporting... pretty cool!!!

[image=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a76/jedifan/SWNShirt.jpg]

Check it out!

[image=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a76/jedifan/soldout.jpg]

10. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    OMG! I love it!=D= [face_dancing]

11. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    Awesomeness!

12. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Mike, did you send pictures or do I still need to do that?

I'm not a vegan, however, I'd prefer my pizza be made with goat cheese, tofu pepperoni and marinara sauce instead of that tomato stuff! And, if you believe a word of that, you're way too gullible! Trust me, if you put it out and it's edible (even that can be questionable), it will be eaten. Period! Thank you for asking, but we'll be happy and thankful with anything! Remember, we're the ones that are thrilled because we'll have a big room with mirrors and a bathroom. It really doesn't take much to make us happy!

14. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    I sent it via PM to Adam as well as email (even though the email came back as undeliverable)

15. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    "we'll have a big room with mirrors and a bathroom. It really doesn't take much to make us happy! "

[face_laugh] So we can admire ourselves??? Just kidding.
    I do, however, highly appreciate access to a bathroom.

And that makes me happy.
    :D

16. jangosmom

jangosmom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    I think I'm going to be able to make this if there is room for me and I can help out. I do have my jedi costume if you need another jedi.

17. librarywalker

Mar 5, 2009
    From a library standpoint, you are more than welcome, and every new name added to the list is great news and is greatly appreciated. We would love to have you participate.

18. librarywalker

Mar 5, 2009

19. pilot_darklight

pilot_darklight Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 14, 2006
    Hello fellow Southern Cali folks:

I am in need of some assistance. I was just told about this event and while trying to find more info I came across this page and saw the sold out pic :_|. I was curious if you guys were going to be having an information table cause my friend and I would like to sign up for the Fan Force so we can start participating in future meetings, but we won't be able to come in for the event because we do not have tickets. We were planning on making the trek over anyhow and see if people had any extra tickets, but I was hoping I could still talk to someone about joining up if we don't make it in . So if we could maybe meet outside the event, please let me know. I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for your time.

Doug Porter

Apple Valley, CA

20. librarywalker

Mar 5, 2009
    Got the helmet pic via PM (who knows why the email didn't go through). I'm going to have our in house graphics arts person (she did the flyers and finalized the bookmarks) do some promotional posters. For before and during SWN to promote the helmet raffle. The verbiage will state that "100% of the funds/proceeds (something like that) will go to the Rancho Cucamonga Library and various local charities."

The details will be based on your sign that you have on the container and some back story about the clone troopers. I want to print them on the plotter so that we can do big signs.

21. librarywalker

Mar 5, 2009
    Having a good space for you to change in, was something Allen and i really wanted. Hopefully the wrap around mirrors make suiting up a bit easier, not to mention the extra space. There is a back door to the room accessible from Arbor Ct. You can prop it open if you like prior to the event and then during the event lock the back door. The front access doors are only accessible past the ticket takers for the play that night, meaning the public won't have access. You can leave it propped open a bit, or have it locked meaning that access is restricted to myself and a few of the theatre staff who can obviously restrict access. It's the room that all of the theatre companies keep their stuff in prior to taking control of the stage, so it's a very secure and restricted area. It's up to you how restricted you'd like it. The bathroom is obviously non-public.

22. librarywalker

Mar 5, 2009
    Doug. One of the things Kari, Mike and Allen and I talked about was creating a back door so that IEFF friends/family/fans can get in. At the very least all of the events in the courtyard are more or less unticketed. Which means you'll get to see the storytime (yes it sounds like it's for kids, but it's designed to be amusing to all ages...you'll see), costume contest, maybe some arts/crafts and of course photos with the characters (is that the right term). I'm still thinking of having like a secret password that just the IEFF people will know, as we feel you should all be rewarded for your enthusiasm and help. Keep an eye on this space and I'll post what we're able to come up with. If it seems i flake (only human), PM me or email me crimsonadam@hotmail.com. Right now, i'd say plan on coming. Just do me a favor and keep it on the down low, otherwise i could get yelled at which in turn threatens future SWNights/SWDays.

And yes the IEFF will be having a table (unless there's some weird ironic boycott :)). Allen and I have already set aside a couple locations to choose from.

23. librarywalker

Mar 5, 2009
    On a related note, we're having a series of 3 bookmarks professionally printed up in quantities of 1000 each. Mike and Kari have seen some of them, and gave them fan approval. Our idea is to have them at 3 different stations where when a patron shows their ticket they get a free "limited edition collectible bookmark". Kids love this kind of stuff. If you're interested, one of those stations could be the IEFF info table. On the plus side you'll get a ton of people visiting you, on the down side, you'll get a ton of people visiting you. Obviously, your call.

24. librarywalker

Mar 5, 2009
    Sorry to be monopolizing the board. I could have put these all in one post but i tried to keep the topics separate.

Borders is a go for selling "Fanboys" DVDs. $19.99. However it looks like the library will get a % donated to us.

25. pilot_darklight

pilot_darklight Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 14, 2006
    That would be great I will be sure to check back. A million times thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.