main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA Star Wars Day at Paul A. Biane Libray--May 29, 2009

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Symina, Feb 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. librarywalker

librarywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2009
    No thanks needed, it's people with a passion for Star Wars and an appreciation for the contributions that libraries can make to a community which make a program like SWN so successful and reach such a broad audience. It's an even which says to a community, we represent and reflect you. Your generosity to us, gets fully translated in our ability to give back to the community.

2. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    Hi Doug, if you are willing to be a wrangler for that night that would make it more legit too, in my opinion, anyway. If you haven't already, check out the thread for the meeting this Saturday. If you could make it that would be great, as the event will be the main topic. We're going to need people to volunteer for different jobs that night, so if you could get yourself a little more acquainted with what we're doing that would be a good idea.

Ahem. I appear to be chopped liver. I was sitting there when Kari saw it, ya know.[face_thinking] [face_talk_hand] [face_batting] Just kidding. As far as you know.

That sounds like a good idea to me.

3. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    Awesome! Can't wait to see you there![face_dancing]

4. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Yes Debbie, we want you there!!!!! In costume would be great fun, but it's up to you!!

Here's the table schedule. Please copy and paste it and add your name to a spot. We need a minimum of 2 people there at all times.

7:00 - 7:30

7:30 - 8:00

8:00 - 8:30
    Kari - Jedifan77

8:30 - 9:00

5. librarywalker

Mar 5, 2009
    Crap you're right, you were part of the approval process, i forgot that you saw version 1.0 and then the final version 2.0 was built on that. and then i got fixated on version 2.0. But you checked off on them before they went off.

6. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006

Sonya - Symina

Kari - Jedifan77

7. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    HSF + Wifey + Dane (Will also be there early to set up)

Sonya - Symina

Kari - Jedifan77

8. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006

9. librarywalker

Mar 5, 2009
    We got 2 of the 3 bookmarks back from the printer today. This scan isn't the greatest, but here they are

[image=http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu341/crimsonadam/bookmarks.jpg]

and the reverse

[image=http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu341/crimsonadam/bookmarks2.jpg]

10. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Is it the 29th yet???[face_dancing]

11. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Set Up - 5:00ish
    Kari
    Mike & his wonderful crew

HSF
    Wifey (that's what her tag should to say)
    Dane

Sonya - Symina

Kari - Jedifan77

12. librarywalker

Mar 5, 2009
    Allen and i have an idea for the Vader story time what about a version of the Three Little Pigs but instead it's Vader blowing down the houses of the three little Jedi. Imagine Vadar saying "and i'll huff..." Kari how long does your story take to read?

13. librarywalker

Mar 5, 2009
    In the upcoming days I'll start posting schedules and maps and internal documents and such, but i wanted to give all of you a brief rundown of what we'll have.

Jedi Story Time
    Imperial Story Time
    Kyle Newman/Fanboys panel discussion & Q&A
    Wii video game center
    paper airplane, mask and other crafts
    Jabba the Hutt frog toss game (with prizes)
    Official Lucas Film artists Denise Vasquez & Randy Martinez art instruction & meet and greet
    University of LaVerne professor speaking on mythology and the SW movies
    Fan Films
    IEFF film
    Fanboys DVD sale
    Photo (from last year) caption contest
    Vote for you favorite SW character
    Trivia contest with Denise and Randy (with prizes)
    Costume contest (all ages with prizes)
    Collectable bookmarks
    2 local book/comic book store tables
    IEFF table
    Clone trooper helmet raffle
    Rancho Cucamonga High School Wind Ensemble

and of course (saving the best for last)

Photos with your favorite SW characters and the Millennium Falcon car

Probably left some stuff out, and certainly didn't fully elaborate on everything, but as you can see, there's a lot going on and a lot of stuff for everyone.

14. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Holy Shnikees![face_dancing]

15. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Adam, I hate to do this to you, but I just can't do it. My stress level has been so high this week just thinking about reading to such a large crowd and doing it on a mic. I'm serious, I just can't do it. I'm so sorry!

On the positive side, I did find a replacement reader that will do a better job than I could ever hope to do. Are you sitting down??? How about Obi-Shawn!!!! Yep, I'm backing out so that he can read instead! His NASA gig was postponed so I nagged... I mean, I asked him and he said he could come.... as will Yoda and they'll be in the H-Wing! If you've never seen or talked to Shawn, you're going to be so pleasantly surprised!

So, did I scare ya???

Will he be able to park the H-Wing in the courtyard by the Falcon?

He will be reading, not Yoda, and he said he'd pick out a Clone Wars book. Once he's done with that, he and Yoda will wander around. I'll be talking to him in a couple of days to see what he picked out and I'll let you know.

I'm so excited about him being able to come and read. This is one talented man that does voices and loves to entertain. To me, the final icing has just been put on this event.

16. librarywalker

Mar 5, 2009
    Obi-Shawn was possible to participate way back in the day, and here at the library we're all familiar with his collectable card, so hearing that he's back in play is awesome news. And who wouldn't want Yoda to be there?! I think that i can probably get permission for him to park in the courtyard. I'll ask on tuesday, make sure i don't forget. Please feel free to pass my and Allen's contact info to him. As well as for anyone who's interested in participating
    crimsonadam@hotmail.com

And for the record, Kari, I know that you'd do an amazing job. But don't forget the book, you never know when a more intimate emergency storytime in the story theatre or children's room might break out.

17. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    More coolness indeed![face_dancing]

18. Darth_Al

Darth_Al Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2009
    Yoda! Yoda! Yoda! The force seems to be with us indeed!...and Mike the badges you made up for Adam and I are the bomb (as they used to say back in my day).

19. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Allen, I'd LOVE to do a more intimate reading. If the situation comes up, I'll happily read to a smaller group. I'll be sure to bring your Pigeon book back and My Name is Dug.

For anybody that has never met Obi-Shawn, you're in for quite a treat!

I'll talk to Scott (Vader) about his reading material on Monday. He's got something going today.

20. Darth_Al

Darth_Al Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2009
    Sounds good. I'll put aside copies of piegeon & dug so we'll have them at the ready.

21. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    OMG! Shawn being there is great. How wonderful. The Falcon is sooo excited. The H-Wing is her best friend, ever since we went together with him to C3 back in 2005, the best road trip we have ever been on. Can't wait to let Bill (Han) know about this. He will be very excited too. The day is going to be great. We can be at the library around 5pm with the Falcon. We don't live to far away from there.

22. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Come on folks. Where is everyone? We really need to fill this schedule up!

Set Up - 5:00ish
    Kari
    Mike & his wonderful crew

HSF
    Wifey (that's what her tag should to say)
    Dane

Sonya - Symina

Kari - Jedifan77

23. jangosmom

jangosmom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    I'll know tomorrow what I can do on the schedule. Ryan possibly has an apt. with his doctor in Huntington Beach Friday morning. If the doctor calls me back tomorrow, I'll know for sure. If that's the case we'll be there for set up time and one of the first shifts. I don't think he'll make it till 9pm if we have to leave the house before 8 am that morning. We will hang around down the hill and come to the event, not going home in between. If we don't have the doctor's apt. then we can be there for set up and stay the whole time and I'll cover the last shift and help tear down. I'll let you know as soon as I hear from the doctor.

24. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Thanks, Debbie! Would you mind if we used your table cloth again?

Since I won't be reading, I'll have more time, but I don't want to be stuck at our table the whole night! At this point, the only thing we'll really have there is the helmet and we'll be selling tickets for it.

Adam and Allen: Will you have a table/chairs we can use or should I bring that? It seems like you'd asked me about who was getting the raffle proceeds. Part to your library and the other part to C.H.O.C. (Children's Hospital or Orange County). I've got students that have had siblings go there, so that tells me it's a well known hospital. Is it okay for us to put up our IEFF banner? What do you need from us before the event and when (list of names and/or characters, IEFF members attending??).

Bill and Sandy: Do you have the frame for out banner? If so, can you bring it? I have the banner and will be bringing it. Let me know if it's too big to fit in the Falcon and I'll make arrangements to pick it up on the way to the library on Friday.

25. librarywalker

Mar 5, 2009
    We've got the table planned on being there by the photo area, so whoever is at it will be able to see a lot of action and a perfect view of the story times and the costume contests. And i would be very proud if you brought the IEFF banner. You guys deserve as much publicity and gratitude as possible.

We can supply tables and chairs. 2 6' tables ok?

For the publicity for the raffle, it may not announce CHOC by name, but instead local charities. That one's a tricky political thing because it's not local. You know how the Galactic Senate is.

The INland Empire Daily Bulletin is confirmed to come (with photographer) and we're still talking to the Riverside Press Enterprise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.