main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA Star Wars Day at Paul A. Biane Libray--May 29, 2009

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Symina, Feb 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    I am sure Bill has the frame for the banner. We should be able to put it in the Falcon. Thank you for reminding me about this and your offer. I am still not sure if the girls are coming, yet. I will know in a couple of days.

2. pilot_darklight

pilot_darklight Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 14, 2006
    Hello all:

This is Doug from Apple Valley. I previously spoke with Mike on the phone and he told me to post my info when I have a set time of attending (downfall of 2 jobs, never know when you can do something till last minute. Anyhow, I have the whole day avaliable to me so I will be getting there at 5 to help set up. Mike, I haven't been able to get my friend on the boards yet, his name is Jon and he should be on by tommorow. He will be driving himself down so he won't be getting there till after 6. I don't know where you would like me to place my name on the schedule, I can work the first shift with Mike after we setup, just to start myself off in the thick of things, plus he can do all the talking since I am the new guy. The main part of the event I would like to attend is the Kyle Newman panel, so I can work all other times before and after if I am better suited some other time. I can also help clean up if I am needed there too, I guess just let me know on that one. I am really looking forward to meeting all of you. Just post or pm me with where you would like me to be. Thanks for bringing me in last minute.

3. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    I think we're using the banner / set up like FCBD as in using the ex up. We can attach the banner like before, Have bill bring the twisty thingys to attach it. :)

4. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    Sorry, had a lot going on this weekend and didn't check the boards at all.

Come on folks. Where is everyone? We really need to fill this schedule up!

Set Up - 5:00ish
    Kari
    Mike & his wonderful crew

7:00 - 7:30
    HSF
    Wifey (that's what her tag should to say)
    Dane

7:30 - 8:00
    Sonya - Symina

8:00 - 8:30
    Kari - Jedifan77
    Nikol - jedi_onasi

8:30 - 9:00
    Jennifer - Jendi

5. librarywalker

librarywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2009
    Bad news regarding the vehicles.

According to mall policy the vehicles have to be in place prior to 10AM (which is when the mall opens). To get to the courtyard you have to drive over the sidewalk, ergo the pre-opening rule.

This no doubt hinders things.

6. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    I'll contact Shawn, but I don't think he'll be able to drop his car off early. He might be okay with parking in front of the library as he would park it in the parking stucture otherwise. I'll give him a call and let you know.

Sandy, is there any way you can drop the Falcon off early? If you can drop her off and get a ride home, I will gladly pick you up on my way to the library in the afternoon. Don't worry if you can't, though. We all do the best we can, but sometimes Darth Real Life (currently being played by Mall Security) gets in the way and we have to roll with it.

If she can leave it there, will somebody be able to keep an eye on the ol' girl until we get there in the afternoon?

Scott, aka Darth Vader, would like to read a couple of stories out of The Stinky Cheese Man. What do you think?

7. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    lol Love The Stinky Cheese Man.

8. HanChewie

Jul 3, 2006
    I will let Bill know about the time change. I don't think that will be a problem. We have another car we can bring. He has the framework for the banner. We can leave it in the Falcon until needed at 5pm. We need to change the starter on the Falcon. We will be doing this either tomorrow or the next day. At least the starter is under warranty, so we don't need to buy a new one. According to my son in law, Chevy's are known for going through starters a lot. What can I say, she is the Falcon you know.

9. librarywalker

Mar 5, 2009
    i'm going to keep working on arrangements regarding parking the vehicles. Should know an answer tomorrow. There is an alcove up by where the photos are taken that is secluded and mostly out of public view where they vehicle(s) can be parked. Plus the whole day (on my part) will be spent setting up, so i'll be up and around the area. We can rope off the area as well.

10. benct7

benct7 Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2009
    Hey guys! sorry for dropping off the radar for a bit but fire season came a little early this year for us. I have been non stop for a couple off weeks. Anyway, I have emailed mike as a yes to bringing my setup for the dvd slideshow, and I will be attending with the family and some friends and their kids. I got to work in the morning but I requested the whole afternoon off so Email me with anything I can help with. I can check emails at work, but not the message boards and there has been alot of nights I have been spending at work. I am glad to help, i.e. watching the booth or whatever. Sorry again for the lack of contact, but I am available to help.

11. librarywalker

Mar 5, 2009
    [image=http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu341/crimsonadam/bookmark3.jpg]

here's the 3rd bookmark, fresh from the printers. Click on the pic for a better view.

12. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Spoke to Ben just now and got a time from him on the booth. He'll be there at 5pm to help set up as well!=D= [face_dancing]

As a side note, Dane gave me his "screen name / nick name"-----> Rebel Smuggler[face_laugh]

Set Up - 5:00ish
    Kari
    Mike & his wonderful crew
    Debbie

7:00 - 7:30
    HSF - Mike
    Wifey - Sheila
    Rebel Smuggler - Dane

7:30 - 8:00
    Sonya - Symina
    Benct7 - Ben

8:00 - 8:30
    Kari - Jedifan77
    Nikol - jedi_onasi

8:30 - 9:00
    Jennifer - Jendi

13. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006

OMG!!! Wow Wee Wowa!!!=D= [face_dancing]

14. HanChewie

Jul 3, 2006
    That last one is really great, Adam. Great job. I am not sure how to include myself and Bill in the schedule. We will be there at 5pm. We can put the car on display at 10am or sooner. Not a problem.

15. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    We need the 8:30 - 9:00 slot filled. How's that sound?

16. librarywalker

Mar 5, 2009
    hopefully we'll be able to park the car at 5pm. but we can certainly locate the car in an out of the way place at 10. Coming at 5 is perfect, gives time to set up and enjoy some pizza. We're thinking about providing pizza at about 5:30 so that everyone has time to eat and then get suited up.

I hope to find out tomorrow if the mall will give us a pass.

17. librarywalker

Mar 5, 2009
    Here is a map and schedule for the night. It's not 100% set, but i would say that any changes will be slight.

[image=http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu341/crimsonadam/swn09_map_sched.jpg]

18. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Hey look IEFF members, we made the big time...we're on the map!!![face_dancing]

Thank you soooo much for this Adam. This is the coolest map EVER!!! I LOVE IT! As you can tell, i'm totally stoked about this. =D= I'd like to pick a couple of these up tomorrow when we meet if possible (swag junkie, you know!)

By the way, did you have a price on the DVD from Borders?

19. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Oops, somebody needs to do a spell-check on the map. It's Millennium Falcon.... not Mellenium. (I have to spell-check every time I write that word!) Don't mean to be picky, but the old girl needs to have her name spelled right.

Other than that, it looks amazing! I'm really getting excited about this!!!

Just saw something else... is it Professor Wener or Werner? (BIG difference) [face_laugh] It's spelled 2 different ways.

20. Darth_Al

Darth_Al Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2009
    ...speaking of putting IEFF on the map I heard from Kyle Newman earlier today that the site iesb.net will be sending some people out to cover our event!

21. librarywalker

Mar 5, 2009
    Man that's what i get for posting internal documents. :) Though the Falcon misspelling was missed in the meeting. The map as it is probably won't go public, but it gives a good indication of the size and scope of the event. Learned today that Celebration Hall can hold 615, so we plan to pack that, plus there's a neat technical production in the works. Allen and I walked the grounds today with a tape measure and it looks like we'll be able to fill everything.

We're planning to have the characters leave and enter Celebration Hall through the kitchen which means we can play up the entrance. Then there will be a cool procession through the Courtyard, which will be quite the spectacle, especially with a 40 piece band playing. Best of all it's not complicated, so no Spinal Tap moments. The logistics of the storytime are the real only complex part, after that it's just easy fun with everyone doing their thing.

Kari/Sonya let Allen and i know when a conference call would work for you, and please pass along my contact info to Vadar and Obi-Shawn, so we can finalize their portion. Handler will be most needed in Celebration Hall at the beginning, then let's pack it for Kyle.

Borders said $19.99 for a DVD still waiting to hear back if the library will get a cut, we have in the past.

22. librarywalker

Mar 5, 2009
    To be honest, the only credit i can take for the bookmarks, is the third one, and it was just the concept, the art on all of them was done by Richard one of my tech center assistants. That's how he taught himself Photoshop, but i'm not a fan of taking credit for someone else's work.

As for IEFF being on the map, let's face it, IEFF IS the map. It's all because of you guys. Like i said, Allen and I just provide the space, you guys provide the magic.

23. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Back at you...we're glad that you're letting us play![face_dancing]

24. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    Wow, this looks to be the most awesomest event (yes I know that's not a word) the IEFF has ever done!!

25. pilot_darklight

pilot_darklight Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 14, 2006
    Hey Mike. I will for sure be there at 5 to help setup/get a feel for things. I was wondering if I was on first shift with you? Also I wanted to know if I should bring anything with me? I tried to send this to you in a PM but it would not let me. Thanks.

Doug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.