main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Day at Snibston Discovery Park

Discussion in 'Archive: Midlands and Wales' started by Lord-Wiz, May 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    when i posted "you can't go to the pub though?", that's a question ;) . i couldn't understand your post before mine, and i'm still none the wiser.

2. JONJEDI

JONJEDI Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 11, 2002
    You lucky people, I may be going. ;)

3. HunkyEvil

HunkyEvil Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2006
    :_| Sorry guys.. This is what I get for living in a sleepy village with rubbish bus services on a bank holiday!! :_|

4. JONJEDI

JONJEDI Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 11, 2002
    And thanks for not letting me know, Chris. Instead I dragged myself out of bed 7 hours earlier than usual, had to pay for a train all the way to Leicester, found myself stuck there for 2 hours because you didn't show or even bother to let me know you wern't coming, even though I gave you my mobile. So then I had to come all the way back, get stuck in Birmingham another hour, then eventually make my way home to find theres no in and I'm locked out in the pouring rain.

Thanks a lot for making me waste my time and my money and making me ultra pissed off. Someone finally came back after an hour of been locked out, now instead of just been really pissed off I'm knackered and soaked to the skin.

So yeah, thanks a lot mate. :)

5. HunkyEvil

Feb 27, 2006
    Wow Jon, I am really sorry.

I told Phill before half 8 that morning that I wouldn't be able to make it to the train station and since you'd told me you too were making arrangments with him from Leicester station I'd assumed you'd get to the station and he'd tell you I couldn't make it but he'd still take you along anyway.

There's been some major crossed wires here, sorry once again Jon

6. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Sorry, I couldn't make it down today, guys. I was a real lazy bones today, and didn't get out of bed until around 2'ish! Jon, when I text you this afternoon, that's when I woke up! :p

By the time I would have got there, it would have been rather late, and would have missed everything. Oh, well. There is always next time! :p

7. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    chris, jon, what a disaster! i was in costume when you phoned jon and couldn't have helped anyway, sorry dude.

mark, why am i not surprised?

anyway, for your reading pleasure here is an edited event report about yesterdays fantastic day :D

what another brilliant troop!

meeting new faces is always great, and meeting the folks i have already met is always a pleasure too :D

once again, being the sandman rocked, stopping the traffic was a blast, next time i'll get si to plug the rom fx in (if there will be a next time ;) *hint* *hint* :D ) so i can join in the banter as well as standing there looking the bomb [face_dancing]

the centre itself was heaving with punters and like already has been said it was their busiest day in years. the punters loved us and so did the staff, the one bloke sorting out the car parking and level crossing kept coming up to me and saying what a great job we were doing. so did the lady who was sorting out the whole event (can't remember her name, racheal i think, the blonde woman, you know :confused: )

and then, getting press-ganged into another costume, spongebob!! omg!! that was the best/craziest/most fun thing i have done in an absolute age!! to say the kids went wild when i stepped out in that costume would be an understatement! i was swamped! i couldn't see a thing in that costume because the eyes were at my chest level so i couldn't see the kids around me who wanted pics, i had to rely on them holding my hand and their moms and dads shouting to get my attention lol! absolutely fantastic [face_dancing] (*note to self, must watch spongebob to see what the fuss is about) i am still laughing my ass off now thinking about it [face_laugh] :D

i will post up some photos later when the mrs gets home from work

martin, hope everything is ok at your end ;) , sorry you had to dash off. the jedi school was a massive hit and the kids wanted to do it again in the afternoon!

phill, always a pleasure and at long last getting to meet emma! a pleasure (hope you enjoy your lightsabre [face_jealous]. where did you two disappear to? you missed your uncle dave as spongebob!! i need to post the photos because nobody will believe it until i do :p

8. Yaddle_wisewoman

Yaddle_wisewoman Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2006
    Awww thanks! It was cool to meet you all too and the costumes really blew me away! :D It was my first time at such a an event and thought it was really awesome! Being stopped by a stormtrooper was really something! :eek:
    I'm soo pleased with my Luke's lightsabre (impulse purchase or what!) Now looks i've got to get into the whole Jedi costuming thing (*sigh* the things you find yourself doing for love :p) to keep my Wookie happy!
    We did try to find you before we left but the crush of the crowds was kinda mental!

Altogether now! "Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?....."

9. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005

lol! i got woken up this morning by my phone ringing, and when i answered it all i could hear was someone singing that at me lol! bloody song is stuck in my head now........

anyway, some photos as promised:

(one of) the midlands favorite jedi:

[image=http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f81/Doctor-Wiz/Snibston/taymarjedi.jpg]

spongedad:

[image=http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f81/Doctor-Wiz/Snibston/spongedad.jpg]

dale and possibly the most awesome clone costume i have ever laid eyes on:

[image=http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f81/Doctor-Wiz/Snibston/parjai.jpg]

dale getting assaulted by hong kong phooey lol!:

[image=http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f81/Doctor-Wiz/Snibston/hongkongphooey.jpg]

and the kids (and one of martin's daughters) getting arrested by their dad*:

[image=http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f81/Doctor-Wiz/Snibston/arrestedbydad.jpg]

*i am not martin's daughters dad :p

10. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    it was an awesome day!! due to me not having to be anywhere till late i was the last to leave.... lol

big well done to Martin!! not sure if he knew the jedi school was happening again b4 he got there i certainly didnt. and he did a grand job! tho you can shorten it a lil dude :)

was great to see dave wear 2 costumes in one day when 6 months ago he said you couldnt pay him to wear one...

the day was great. as dave said it was the busyest day they had had in 3 years. they filled all car parks and then a bit. and talking to i believe it was rachael at the end they had taken over £10,000 not bad goin.

was great to see all that made it :)

11. HunkyEvil

Feb 27, 2006
    :eek:

[image=http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a218/skincarver13/S2010001.jpg]

I think I might actually photoshop myself in over your son there Dave. Best costume, ever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.