Col, TN Star Wars Day / Dickson County Library

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by DEARMEAT, Sep 14, 2013.

1. DEARMEAT Jedi Padawan

star 1
    Star Wars Day at the Dickson County Public Library October 5th from 12pm to 5pm.
    Meet and greet Star Wars characters as well as a FREE screening of A New Hope.
    FREE Door Prizes, FREE Refreshments, Costume Contest ages 2-14 years old. This is a FREE event to the public. This was a great event last year and hope to make this years even bigger.
  2. GalloGeek Jedi Padawan

I will be there man! I'm working nights that weekend so I'm not sure how long I will be able to stay.
  3. DEARMEAT Jedi Padawan

star 1
    Thanks Andy, The director asked to pack as many as we could for this. It would be a good showing. We were on the front page and had an entire article on us last year in the local paper. Great plug for our group if we can get them involved again this year.
  4. DEARMEAT Jedi Padawan

star 1
    Video is up and running!
    Last edited by DEARMEAT, Sep 20, 2013
  5. loki41872 Jedi Master

star 4
    hollie and I shall be there. I will wear Mando, Hollie will wear Stormtrooper
  6. Jeff_The_Dude Jedi Knight

star 1
  7. Schmootika Jedi Master

star 2
    Me and Peanut will be there. He wants to spend some quality time with his Jawa-Brother. :D
  8. loki41872 Jedi Master

star 4
    I have a DVD copy of Adywan's SW:Revisited. Please, please, PLEASE let's get them to show that, and not tell the audience what it is until it's over.
  9. Jeff_The_Dude Jedi Knight

star 1
    Here are some pics from the day's event:

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  10. Schmootika Jedi Master

star 2
    That last picture is just the cutest! We had a blast and Peanut loved being king of the jawas. Thank you Keith for making this happen.
  11. DEARMEAT Jedi Padawan

star 1
    Speaking with the staff today I was advised that there were a total of 855 people that visited the Dickson County Library this past Saturday during our event. The staff further advised that average attendance for a Saturday is approx. 300 people. So not bad having 555 people show up for this event. The staff at the library wanted to thank each and every one that was able to make this event a hit and want to make it even larger next year. =D=
    Last edited by DEARMEAT, Oct 7, 2013