main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Day follow up

Discussion in 'Archive: Charleston, SC' started by motf-jan, Nov 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. motf-jan

motf-jan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2001
    Hi all:
    Thanks for all the hard work at today's Star Wars Day at the IMAX. We had members from The Star Wars Syndicate in Alabama, Upstate Rebels from Greenville/Spartenburg, Myrtle Beach, and the 501st Carolina's Garrison attend. Without their help, we wouldn't have been able to do it!
    We collected about 100 toys and $172 for Toys for Tots. The Marine representive was extremely happy as the box had been there for a week and only had a couple of toys in it. We almost filled the box with our one day event. So I guess we would say it was very successful.

The IMAX was a great host and helped us out a bunch.

Thanks,
    Janet

2. jedicharlie57

jedicharlie57 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 18, 2002
    It was great meeting all of y'all today! What a great bunch, and the kids were super.
    Funny to find out I had already met some of you before in one way or another, it was that "small world" stuff.
    I'm also glad to see how other IMAXs work with the clubs. Huntsville was really good, but I will say Charleston seemed a lot better; with the extra promo, give-aways, etc.
    Thanks for letting me pick your brain, too. Ask of those who've been there, and you skip a lot of roadblocks.

Thanks for letting me be a part of today! The Star Wars community is such a nice family!

3. Darth_Yalc

Darth_Yalc Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 23, 2002
    We would like to thank all the Swamp Foxes for the effort that was put in today. Also for the great atmosphere for us to officially become the Upstate Rebel Alliance. Here's looking to more joint stuff with you guys in the future.

4. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    We in Myrtle Beach want to congratulate you guys on an outstanding event. It's awesome we were able to fill that box for the Marines. It was great to see everyone's generosity and hosptitality yesterday. An added bonus for us is we were able to become official just like the guys from Greenville. We will be known as the Myrtle Beach Hurricane Troopers.

5. motf-jan

Feb 25, 2001
    All right! Glad to see Myrtle Beach is on board too as an official club!

It was so much fun seeing all of you and look forward to the next get together.

Definitely let us know if either of you plan something in the future!

Next big event for us is probably StellerCon in Greensboro in the Spring, then ConCarolinas the first weekend in June.

Janet

6. bookguy232

bookguy232 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 6, 2000
  7. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Congratulations to the Swamp Foxes for putting together a terrific event. All the reports that I have received from folks who attended have been enthusiastically positive. :D

Congrats to Myrtle Beach and Greenville for becoming official, and I am glad that both groups could participate in such a wonderful event. :)

8. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    We really enjoyed ourselves. :D

9. Darth_Yalc

Darth_Yalc Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 23, 2002
    Ditto ^

10. motf-jan

Feb 25, 2001
    http://www.charlestonimax.com/news.htm

Here's a thanks from the IMAX folks-
    Janet

11. Shave_the_Ewoks

Shave_the_Ewoks Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2001
    I so wanted to be there, but my family decided that we'd go to Newberry to visit relatives on Friday and Sat. They told me we were coming home by 2 on Sat, but we didn't get to Goose Creek until 8!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.