main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA STAR WARS DAY III AT RC LIBRARY-May 29th 2010

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Al, Nov 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Al

Darth_Al Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2009
    Well, if they can put x-mas decorations up in August no reason why we cant start planning now for SW day III at the RC library. One of the first things Adam and I decided was to make this year's event a little longer. So this year we will go 3 hours from 1-4. It will be a Sat afternoon just like the first year we did it. The date is May 29th which is also Memorial day Saturday I hope this doesn't conflict with too many schedules.
    So far we have the courtyard area and celebration hall secured. I will be checking in this week to see if we can get the playhouse lobby area as well.
    Adam and I are in the beginning stages of planning the event but any ideas anyone has and would like to post here would be much appreciated. Besides our old stand-bys such as storytimes and the costume contest we also like to add a few new wrinkles every year. A few ideas we have kicking around right now are having the kids design their own clonetrooper mask, maybe a 20 minute kid-friendly informative panel on how to make stormtrooper armor, and a attack the death star game...and of course as in years past the Jar-Jar dunk tank is also an idea that Adam and I would jokingly like to make happen;)
    Anyway look forward to doing it all again bigger, badder and better than ever!

2. librarywalker

librarywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2009
    It'll always be hard to compete with the conventions, but Allen and I have a personal attraction to make the Rancho Cucamonga Star Wars Events one of the premier events in So. Cal. An event where people from the IEFF, RL, 501st and every other group can all get to get together and meet up. Obviously it's early, but let us help all of us to make this the event that you'd like to see happen. We've gotten some very cool confirmations already but we just want to knock it out of the park. This year we plan to advertise the heck out of it. If you're a Star Wars fan, you'll know about this even. So again, let us know what we can help make happen to make it the even that you'd like to see and that the public would like to participate in.

3. librarywalker

Mar 5, 2009
    With your help the genre of Star Wars days at libraries is spreading like wildfire. Darth Al has been involved with two other libraries that have seen what you're able to contribute and realize the power of the force.

4. Darth_Al

Mar 21, 2009
    Yes it's true. I'll be on the horn tomorrow with the Long Beach library about doing a SW day. Looks like we all started an avalanche across So California library scene. Again as Adam mentions without the IEFF none of this would be happening.

5. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    You guys crack me up. :-B[face_laugh]

6. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Let our geek flags fly high and proud!

:D

7. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    [face_flag]STAR WARS IS FOREVER[face_flag]

Let the meetings and meeting about the meetings begin! I like the idea of making this a premiere event for Rancho as in something MAJOR to look forward not only for the public but for the IEFF and ofcourse the fine folks of the 501st. Let the fun begin![face_dancing]

8. librarywalker

Mar 5, 2009
    we should have a meeting to plan out our first meeting.

9. Darth_Al

Mar 21, 2009
    Happy and proud to announce that it looks like we got our first guest lined up SW day 2010. Lawrence Noble artist extraordinaire who designed the 10th anniversary poster for Empire Strikes Back among other things has agreed to be a part of SW day III. He will be bringing both his art and sculptures to the event. Cant wait til May 29th!!

10. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Yea!!

Have you contacted Denise and Randy yet?

11. Darth_Al

Mar 21, 2009
    Love to have them back but it looks like our budget is going to be next to nil this year:(

12. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Wow, I didn't know they cost anything to appear. Just goes to show my total naivety!

13. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    Do you think they'd do it pro bono? I mean, it's for the library.
    Reading is fundamental and what not. :D
    Well, I love reading anyway. :-B

14. Darth_Al

Mar 21, 2009
    I know, I know. Randy and Denise are part of our Star Wars night family. Well it's a long, longshot but if the budget Gods somehow smile upon us perhaps it could still happen.

15. jedi_onasi

Apr 3, 2006
    Time for a bake sale. ha ha
    We could auction off Mike as a slave for a day. [face_devil]
    And Bill. And Ronnie.
    All the men in fact. [face_laugh]

16. librarywalker

Mar 5, 2009
    But to be honest with the IEFF, the 501st, the Rebel Legion and everyone else, and everyone can make up for any lack of funds. Not to mention Allen's good cop to my bad cop. But it'll be awesome.

17. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    No doubt!

[face_dancing]

18. librarywalker

Mar 5, 2009
    I'll let Allen post about it, but we got some good words about Star Wars Day that we were pretty pleased with.

19. Darth_Al

Mar 21, 2009
    Drum roll please...the big news of the day is that Mary form Lucasfilm contacted us this afternoon to let us know that beginning this year we will now be recognized as an OFFICIAL LUCASFILM SANCTIONED EVENT...who would have ever thought? Anyway I think we should all give each other a pat on the back for a job well done. It looks like Bantha Tracks will also be reporting on our event this year. So what a day!!!

20. jedi_onasi

Apr 3, 2006
    Holy Taun Tauns!!!!!!
    That's AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [face_dancing]
    High fives to everybody!!

21. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    That is SO FRICKIN' AWESOME!!!!!!!

This is HUGE!

Congratulations!!!

I guess you won't have to worry about scheduling jugglers anymore!!!!

[face_dancing]

Have you contacted Mike at the 501st about the event yet? If not, you need to so he can get it on the calendar as an official 501st event. You need to get it in early so no scheduling conflicts come up.

Is it okay for me to post this info on the Rebel Legion boards?

22. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    WOW!!! That is killer! I wonder how she got word of it in the first place? Was it because of Randy and Denise's involvement? That is so cool. Beyond cool.

23. Darth_Al

Mar 21, 2009
    Wow it looks like you all are as excited about it as Adam and I are! That's nice since this doesn't happen without your involvement. Anyway the person who helped make this happen is Lawrence Noble the artist of the Empire Strikes Back 10th anniversary poster. He is excited about attending our event and put in some nice words for us to his connections. Randy and Denise can be thanked as well as they said a bunch of kind words to Lawrence about last years event to get him excited and so involved.

24. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I've got it posted on the RL boards and went ahead and took POC for that group.

25. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    How awesome! The IEFF rules along with the other groups. So wonderful to hear from Mary Franklin about this. Can't wait for the event.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.