main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA STAR WARS DAY III AT RC LIBRARY-May 29th 2010

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Al, Nov 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    Yeah we got some for you. Call me at 7602171850 and I'll see what I can do for you

2. LordMarduk

LordMarduk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 18, 2007
    Today was an amazing day what a blast I will post some pics in a bit

3. Darth_Al

Darth_Al Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2009
    Amazing day indeed! Thanks to everyone for their blood, sweat and more sweat in making this happen!

4. LordMarduk

Mar 18, 2007
    the drawing lessons were very neat

5. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    Boy did we have a great time! So much fun. The dunk tank was so fun to watch. Got lots of traffic for the Falcon and H-Wing. Great to see everyone. Can't wait to see the pics from the event.

6. LordMarduk

Mar 18, 2007
    When Nat and I got there at 1 it was pretty slow but we went walking around then it got busy and working the table we had a blast talking to parents. And I have to say the lady who one the 2 tickets to the concert made my day she was so happy she was in shock when we called her name... But it was great seeing everyone..

Bill, Mike, & I
    [image=http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x297/sithlord76/Jedi/DSCF0011.jpg]

Dunk Tank
    [image=http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x297/sithlord76/Jedi/DSCF0012.jpg]

Randy Martinez & Denise Vasquez
    [image=http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x297/sithlord76/Jedi/DSCF0037.jpg]

The Gang
    [image=http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x297/sithlord76/Jedi/DSCF0039.jpg]

7. pilot_darklight

pilot_darklight Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 14, 2006
    Hey guys. Sorry I haven't posted yet, I have been sidelined with a bad flu bug since the event. Anyways, I just wanted to say that the event was great. We had an excellent turn out, and lots of people entered into the raffle. We raised $273 with the raffle this go around. If anybody heads into 4 color fantasies anytime soon be sure to thank Chris, who helped with the raffle by making some great donations. US Bank and Game Stop were also awesome with donations as well.

8. LordMarduk

Mar 18, 2007
    Hope you feel better

9. Darth_Al

Darth_Al Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2009
  10. LordMarduk

Mar 18, 2007
    That is so cool

11. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Here's the link. This will take you right to it :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPNyEunQgBg

12. LordMarduk

Mar 18, 2007
    now you are famous mike they saved the best for last on the video

13. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    [face_laugh] Thanks...Denise is so cool.

14. LordMarduk

Mar 18, 2007
    She was such a sweet heart she let me have a Yoda badge for my son because she was giving them out to all the kids there at the drawing lesson

15. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    I would like to say a HUGE Thank You to Allen and Adam for letting us play. None of this would be possible without the tireless effort and planning on your guys part. If anyone really knew what goes into all of this and all the planning and details...it's enough to make your head spin. At least it's for something we love right? We love that you have us there geeking out! It was our best year yet!

I would also like to thank all of you who were able to make it to this event and represent the IEFF. Your efforts helped the group have it's best year yet...$273 in raffle ticket sales! That's outstanding folks! You should be proud of yourselves! We made some magic happen this year indeed! Give yourself a hand=D=

I have to say that the group is really moving into a positive direction here. We're getting some really great motivated "what can I do for the group" folks joining, as well as folks "stepping up" to support the group. It's nice to have the folks who participate for the betterment of this group. I'm glad to be part of this fine organization with all of you. Wait until you see and hear all the great things that are in store for the IEFF at the June meeting. You DEFINITELY won't want to miss this!

I cannot say thank you enough for the kind and most generous donation of the tickets we got from Trisha and Jessica at Citizen's Bank Arena. This made free comic book day and SW Day's raffle over the top, as in the grand prize and has made so many things possible by those tickets! Being asked to be a part of the concert was a highlight in our groups history and we will always remember that. I have a feeling we'll be seeing more of you two in the future. You two are officially honorary members of the IEFF!

I'd like to say thanks to the 501st in a big way for attending and making this event what it is. You folks are the life blood of this event. Thanks for all your raffle ticket purchases, as I hope ours helped with you. It was so great seeing all of you, thank you from all of us here in the IEFF for making the time to make it to this. We love doing events with you.

The Mandalorians that showed up were so cool. Thanks for being a part of the festivities! You guys rocked the house! The folks really dug your costumes, as I know we all did. I hope to see you at future events as well as SW Day next year. Thanks so much for making the time to join us.

Randy and Denise...what can I say that hasn't been said? Wow...You two are like the coolest people ever! I am so glad that you find the time to geek out with all of us and make this event a little more special by you two being there. I know the kids and parents totally dig what you do. Great video by the way Denise, especially the last picture.

Chris from 4 Color Fantasies...You Rock! We are honored by having you there. I hope you had a great time there and you got some business exposure. Thank you a 100 times for the raffle prizes you donated and your kind and generous raffle ticket purchases too. You are always a welcome face at any event we have.

I would like to thank US Bank for taking the time to drive and show up for this. I would really like to thank them for their donation of two SW in Concert tickets they donated to the raffle for the IEFF. As you'll see from the pic below, you made a kid and his family very happy! The picture says it all, as in why we do what we do. The parents were able to buy two extra tickets so they could all be together. We bumped into them at the concert. You did a really good thing here and should be proud of yourselves, as we're proud of you.

Mark from Gamestop...you're the man! It was so cool having you there again for this years festivities! It wouldn't be the same without you. The folks really get into what you guys do. It just makes sense having you there. I hope it helped you out being with us as well. Your kind $25 gift card made a kid super happy to win that indeed! We're glad to have you be a part of th

16. Aden_Skirata

Aden_Skirata Jedi Youngling

Oct 6, 2009
    hey all, sorry i've been such a bum about checkig these forums. between real life and mercs i've been busy.

anyway, i just wanted to say it was great getting to meet some of you at this event. it was loads of fun! i look forward to hitting up events with you in the future. we have two groups near the ie area, our la clan and my clan based in the yucca valley area. i'll make sure to steer some of the members to these boards to get some good communication going!

i believe there were a couple folks from the ieff who expressed some interest in doing custom mando's? well, we're here ad we hae a few members who are with our group and the 501st. i'd love to see more communication and friendship form between all the groups!

for those interested in seeing our pix and coverage of the event they ca be seen at these links (not sure if you have to be a forum member or not to view?)...

mainpage coverage:
    http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php
    forum coverage:
    http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php?topic=26016.0
    los angeles clan pages:
    http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php?board=80.0
    eastern san bernardino/riverside counties cla pages:
    http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php?board=119.0

coverage at www.sandtroopers.com:
    http://www.sandtroopers.com/
    http://www.sandtroopers.com/events/starwars_day2010a/

hope to see you all again soon!
    (oh, i'm the big green one btw)

17. LordMarduk

Mar 18, 2007
    the holiday special fett was freaking to cool

18. Aden_Skirata

Oct 6, 2009
    thank you, that's my oldest son. he picked it, i built it. he met scott chana (from the az dsg) at sdcc a couple years ago and loved the holiday fett, wanted one of his own.

19. LordMarduk

Mar 18, 2007
    i took a few pics of your group really enjoyed seeing everyone decked out

20. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Welcome Aden...glad to have you join us here. When you get a moment, tell us a little bit about yourself in the Roll Call section of our boards. :)

21. Aden_Skirata

Oct 6, 2009
    i joined up in october of last year and had a post up. it may have disappeared though. just havent logged in in a few months due to be busy. i'll see if i can dig the old thread up.

... edit ...

here it is!

http://boards.theforce.net/inland_empire_ca/b10462/30475331/p1/?10

22. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    My bad...I totally remember you! :oops:

Welcome back, again![face_laugh]

We're having our June meeting next Sunday at 1pm at Mimi's Cafe here in Victorville right off the 15 fwy at the Bear Valley Exit. We'd love to have you join us for all the festivities. Please post to let us know if you can make it or not. If you've got some folks to bring along, that's fine too.:)

23. Aden_Skirata

Oct 6, 2009
    hey, got your pm. i don't have enough posts to pm yet. i do have a response for you though. can you send me an emaill address facebook or myspace account i can send the response to?

hsf: let me see what i can swing as for the 13th. i'd love to go just have some work and rl stuff i'm not sure i can work around.

24. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Hey Aden...I sent you two PM's :)

25. LordMarduk

Mar 18, 2007
    Thanks again Aden for the fanforce name drop on your forum

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.