main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Debates

Discussion in 'Archive: Mojave Desert, CA' started by Jedi_Knight_Seifer, Aug 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Knight_Seifer

Jedi_Knight_Seifer Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 24, 2003
    Well there is already a discussion thread for Star Wars but there have been no real debates about it. So I thought I would open one up for FRIENDLY debates about the Star Wars Universe. Let me start off.

This was brought up in the New Jedi Order Fan Club in the Expanded Universe forum.- In one of the newer NJO books coming out Boba Fett is supposed to make an appearance. Acording to the timeline he would be in his sixties. So someone mentioned that a clone might be good idea for him soon. I responded with this-

'But he is a clone himself. Hmmmmmmm. I wonder if as each clone is made from another clone does some of the genetic material deteriorate or mutate? That would make the clone not completely like the one before it. So they wouldn't be a true clone. And if so how could they be considered a clone if they aren't the same?'

Hopefully this will pick up and we can get some good debates going. Anyone can respond to any debate question. When you post make sure you specify which debate question you are responding to. If the debates get out of hand they will be stopped and a new one will be started. Other than that let's have some fun with this.

2. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    Great idea! :D I on the other hand, am not as sure as I would like to be to answer this question quite yet. However, after a few newer posts I may feel able to do so. ;)

*waits for a response to Jedi_Knight_Seifer's question*

3. JangoFett316

JangoFett316 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 2, 2001
  4. TheOmen

TheOmen Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 16, 2003
    If it was up to the hippies (in the purest form of the word)there might be cloning, but for now our government is covertly cloning, in my opinion at least. I know that Dolly the sheep is showing some very unusual defects that sheep usually don't inherit i.e. arthritis in the legs.?

5. JangoFett316

Oct 2, 2001
  6. TheOmen

Jan 16, 2003
    Sure, but I remember Dolly also having some other problems.

[Edited for language]

7. Jedi_Knight_Seifer

Feb 24, 2003
    I believe Jangofett316 is talking about Clonaid. That group is so messed up im not even gonna get into it. But I believe that the conversation about Clonaid has already happened somewhere on out forum.

8. JangoFett316

Oct 2, 2001
  9. TheOmen

Jan 16, 2003
    Classic Sheen.

10. DarthReam

DarthReam Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2003
    "to my knowledge"
    In the case of dolly the cloned sheep, she had sever arthritus, and at a much earlier age then is commonly know for sheep.

As far as cloning goes I say go for it, if we don't some other 3rd world hole in the wall going to beat us there and then we'll just going to have to play catch up in the long run. I mean look at the space program in the 1900's. who was more adv. america or the russians. But who go into space first , them. Because they were not afraid to take chances. And in this day and age, with weopons of mass destruction and technologies the way they are, 2nd best just don't cut it.

11. DarthReam

DarthReam Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2003
    Had to get that out before getting back on topic, But anyway.

When you clone something I don't think it a perfect match. Try drawing a picture 20 times. Each time drawing off the one you had just drawn and not the original. I bet pic one and pic 20 with look alot different from one another. I think it's sort of random when a person is made, genetically. Certain things are just random happenings, I'm mean just cause it's genetic science does not mean that everything has happen in a set pattern, just my thoughts, I'll stop rambling on.

12. DanakinSkywalker

DanakinSkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2003
  13. TheOmen

Jan 16, 2003
    Here Here!

:raises his slurpee:

14. DarthReam

DarthReam Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2003
    Okay...

Jango was always looking good through ep.2 his armor always sharp as his saber darts. So why did Boba let his armor go like he did ?

15. DanakinSkywalker

Aug 25, 2003
  16. DarthReam

DarthReam Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2003
    I thought Jaster's armor was too f'ed up after Open Season. I mean the guy was cremated before he was dead. But I could see the " keeping the battle scars" Killing all the jedi and all.

But wasn't jaster's armor the same silver as jango's exept the t visor was red ?

17. DanakinSkywalker

Aug 25, 2003
  18. DarthReam

DarthReam Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2003
    Jaster's armor was green ? well I guess you would know better then I would.

Anything you want to debate Danakinskywalker ?

19. DanakinSkywalker

Aug 25, 2003
  20. DarthReam

DarthReam Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2003
    okay then...

Do the Sith have the ability to see into the future?

21. DanakinSkywalker

Aug 25, 2003
  22. Jedi_Knight_Seifer

Feb 24, 2003
    Yeah but look where it ends up taking him. Did he forsee his death, didn't look like he did to me. So there are limitations to what they can see and what they can't. Unless the future already has a set pattern there will be flaws. The unexpected can, and sometimes will, happen. Or maybe his visions showed him what he wanted to see, not what would really happen. Any thoughts?

23. DanakinSkywalker

Aug 25, 2003
  24. DarthReam

DarthReam Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2003
    His erogance was his down fall.

25. DanakinSkywalker

Aug 25, 2003
    *Wilhelm scream*

This thread died awhile ago...

Anyway, let's speculate where the Wilhelm scream is gonna be in Episode III...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.