1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

Star Wars Star Wars: Depths of Madness

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sarge221, Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. SirakRomar Force Ghost

star 4
    Morden Szorn
    Ambria, Near Lake Natth

The second the lightning crackled into her body her lightblades hissed into existence. A reflex, she could not hold back. The instinctive need to defend herself against such power. Her robe was shred to pieces, as she screamed out in pain. She felt anger rising inside of her. And as she had been taught by her Master, anger made her stronger. The wave that was unleashed was what she had waited for. It would be her death or theirs.

As she had expected their power was raw. Their confidence too big, their ego too dominant. Their tactics were antique. In their time they might have "sided" their victims. But centuries of battles between Jedi and Sith had exposed certain flaws in that strategy. Morden clenched her teeth, not allowing pain to control her. She felt the wave of power unleash towards her. A massive wave of force power. And with all her power she pushed herself into the air, allowing the wave of force energy to pass her while her body almost seemed to pause above the scene for a second. If the wave continued it´s way, it would hit the partner of the Sith who had unleashed it. And in that moment, she would be there. A second psuh would this time bring her back to the ground again. Her blade circling her body to strike from both sides. Maybe the Sith would be unbalanced and be cut into two halfs, maybe he would block. He wouldn´t dodge, after being hit by the force wave of his partner. And that was all she needed. Because it was neither the ligthsabers nor the force wave that Morden relied on. It was her left foot which she guided to her landing point when she would set down. And it wouldn´t be the ground. She aimed for his right knee. Shattering it in her accellerated impact was her aim.

Even after all the years, she felt this joy and hunger. Her own death meant nothing to her. It was their death she longed for. A worthy adversary, a life taken by her.

And somewhere deep within there was still someone terrified by that.

Screaming, she perfomed her maneauver, as she had trained it a thousand times.

The only thing she added was a mad laughter.

Tag: Sarge
  2. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    Nate Carrack
    Private Hangar 43A

Carrack crossed his arms. Not too big of a problem, no. "No problem. But who I have to deal with - you understand in my line of business, point A is as important as point B. I can assure you, there will be no difficulties on my end of the deal."

Nate looked about expectantly for the cargo. At least the size of the crate could tell him what he'd be dealing with.

"There won't be any problems. Are there any details I should be aware of? Special stipulations, the like?"

A number? Preferably a big one...

3. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    IC: Bran Teralyn
    Belkov

This time, Bran would have cursed out loud, if horror hadn't frozen his throat.

They looked so ... so ... wrong. There were no words to describe it. The hostiles should not even be alive, let alone in a position to charge for Bran, or take Milo down -

But even as his voice failed him, Bran's hands were moving almost of their own volition. His left thumb clicked the power setting back to kill, and then his right index finger squeezed the trigger once, twice, three times - two to the chest, one right at its head (it, it, it's an it, it's not a man) -

And, miraculously, the sharp ozone tang cleared Bran's head. "Set to kill!" he snapped at his squad (if they hadn't already taken the hint, if they could even hear him over Milo's screams and the terror of it all). He took a step forward and bludgeoned his attacker aside with the butt of his rifle, then took aim and fired at the two attacking Milo.

TAG: Sarge
  4. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    IC: Kalyn Frey
    Council Chambers, The Jedi Temple, Coruscant

The meeting ended almost as quickly as it had begun and by the time they had exited the chamber and stood beyond the ornamented doors, Kalyn found that it was becoming increasingly difficult to concentrate. Her mind was reeling with the limitless opportunities that awaited her on this mission. This was her chance and suddenly, nothing else mattered - that included acknowledging the Grand Master as they left the chamber. Her lip quirked slightly at the thought as she brought her robes closer about her torso. Luckily, this hadn't been a formal outing or she would have gotten an ear full for such ignorance.

"I assume this is your first mission, right?" Mura's calm voice sounded from beside her. Kalyn elevated her chin slightly and studied the older man with curious eyes. He had an air about him that didn't quite match with the other Knights and Masters she had encountered before. He was a bit more rough around the edges and for a reason Kalyn could not explain, she found that she preferred him that way. She finally nodded, not only in answer to his question, but in approval.

"An interesting choice of the Council to assign you to such a first mission, actually," he remarked after a moment and Kalyn couldn't help but suspect that he had said it on purpose to garner a reaction from her. Well, he had succeeded.

"What's that supposed to mean?" she asked testily, her lip curling up into a slight sneer. She effectively placed her hands on her hips and stared up at him. "Don't you think I'm ready? I've had the proper training. How else am I supposed to learn if I don't go out there and experience things for myself?"

TAG: Fins, Sarge
  5. DarkLordoftheFins Force Ghost

star 4
    ooc: Combined with Sarge, who aksed me to write some info into this.

Haru Mura
    Coruscant, Jedi Temple, Platform

They had taken the route to the platforms without thinking about it. Obviously they had to leave the Temple. They would not make any break inside of the monastery. The name Haru had given to it, because he felt the seclusion and isolation was not only a positive thing for Jedi, but also limiting their abilities in a way. Like those of monks, pure and insecure towards the impure.

Haru raised hsi eyes and waited for the little outburst of the girl to end. Then he gabve her amused smile. "Proper training, hm? One day you need to tell me what it is like. as you are the only one of us two, who ever had any. According to the council." He nodded and turned. Smiling. "We´ll see how you get along out htere. I don´t doubt you are as prepared as a temple can make you." He then added. She was a little of a rebel. Had a temper, and an attitude. She was a bit like him, probably. He already liked it.

His comm made a peeping sound. And he already knew who it would be. no force needed to get that info. Sometimes he thought his girlfriend was the Jedi of them, always knowing when to call. Always knowing when he needed her. ?Excuse me. I think I should take that call.? Haru smiled to the Padawan. ?Hello darling.? He did not attempt to hide his relationship. Jedi did not lie. They took responsibility.
    ?No, no, actually it went pretty well. I have a mission of great importance and I wondered if my favourite CorSec officer could help me out with it?? She hated it when he called her CorSec. Mocking that their official short Coruscant Security was the same than Corellia´s legendary security forces, an organization Mira felt in constant competition with . . . made her angry. Angry in a cute way. But now she was to thrilled for the news to acknowledge it even a bit. She had feared for him, much more than he had. ?We are investigating smuggling operations concerning Belkov and a certain Mr. . . . ? He paused. ?We? I am partnered with a young Padawan for this case.? He turned to Kalyn Frey and gave her an excusing, slightly embarrassed smile. He preferred the intrigues and murders of the underworld to the subtle and dangerous mine-field relationships were. At least on days like that. ?Female, actually.? He answered and stepped a bit away from the Padawan outside the platform. ?No. I don´t think you could still call her a kid. More of a young woman. I´d say.? Again Mira talked. ?Mira. I am a Jedi, I can´t give a Padawan a mark for good looks between Zero and Ten!? he said and laughed out. ?Sure. Back to the case? Belkov. Shadow. What do you got for me?? He breathed in and out. Joking and teasing was over, his mind now fully committed to the case. ?Okay, I put you on conference.? Haru said and nodded to Kalyn. He pushed the green button on his communicator and held the little device between him and the Padawan.
    ?Ugh, you got a bad one there, Harudarling. Am I on loud? Well, hello Mrs. Padawan. I am Mira the girlfriend of Haru. And I am ? lucky you ? a cop so here is what I got for you. Belkov. Some sort of Syndicate has been smuggling goods on and of or on or only off the planet pretty much from the start. Minor thing, we thought. But leads had a strong tendency to end in dead ends. Or quite often the morgue, when we found smuggler bodies dumped before they could be interrogated. Lately we had a little pressure on this one.? Mira seemed to read. ?Why haven´t I heard before of this?? Haru asked. ?Custom affairs. You always say they bore you, right?? Mira laughed. ?Lucky you. Force seems to be with you. We actually got a minor break. Sort of. Although it sounds like another dead smuggler might soon be ours to schedule his autopsy. A smuggler got hired by a certain Shadow. Or Mr. Shadow. Intelligence assumes the smugglers are wrapping up things, that´s why we heard about it. They might soon vanish, relocate or whatever it is these guys do. So this smuggler might be our last chance to c
  6. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    Ambria
    Lake Natth

A sudden snap told Morden as to which of her attacks had been successful.

Though she had successfully dodged the Force Wave, the Sith who she intended to have it hit instead had obviously been expecting such an occurrence. Having broken off his concentration for his lightning - which had scorched both Morden's clothing and flesh -, the Sith had managed to put up a shield that was strong enough to ride through the wave of Force energy that his partner had sent. When Morden came down, her lightsaber swinging, the Sith had been ready for her. With his double-bladed sword, the Sith spun it in his hands, raising it up to block Morden's lightsaber.

The fact that the sword didn't break upon meeting with Morden's lightsaber told the apprentice of the Rule of Two that the sword was indeed made of some lightsaber-resistant material though she could've probably expected as much. Though the Sith Wars have been over for some time, there were still plenty of leftover weapons which had something like cortosis that could easily come into the possession of those who sought them. Now that members of the Jedi Order scoured the galaxy as the Republic's peacekeepers, the more unsavory types still had a use for such things.

Of course, the weapon didn't mean much when it came to Morden's successful strike against the Sith's leg. Beneath Morden's Force-assisted kick, the bones of the Sith's leg shattered, causing him to crumble to the dark, sandy shores of Lake Natth. There was no exclamation of pain from the Sith - somehow managing to keep his silence - but it was obvious that his leg was now far from in working shape. Nonetheless, the downed Sith made a low swing with his weapon at Morden in a desperate attack to try and injure or maybe even sever her legs.

The second Sith did not remain idle. Upon seeing his partner being brought down, the Force gathered around and within him. His knees bending, the Sith propelled himself forward with the Force, towards Morden, his sword pointed forward to stab her in the back.

TAG: SirakRomar

Belkov
    Te Rya City, Alley

Indeed, Bran's squadmates had switched their blasters back to kill before he had even opened his mouth to voice the order. No doubt unsettled that the people - monsters? - kept coming despite the well-placed stun bolts, they had hoped to see what full powered blaster shots could do.

And they did well. The man that had been charging at him jerked upon being hit with the blaster bolts. The first pair that the lieutenant fired hit the man directly in his chest and whereas it had managed to shake off the previous blue stun bolts, the red bolt put a stop to him. Jerking to a stop, the man stumbled, nearly falling and that was the only reason that the bolt that Bran aimed at his head missed. However, a butt from his assault rifle put him down and he stayed down.

The same was said when he turned and fired at the other two that had swarmed Milo. Though it was harder to get clear head shots, the bolts that Bran pumped into the bodies of the clearly sick people were enough to stop them as they laid still a second later. Despite the new smell of burning flesh that now hung in the air, that was the only thing they now had to worry about as the "hostiles" had been all put to rest.

Matthew, the medic of the four-man squad, immediately went over to Milo. Pushing the bodies of his attackers off of him, the medic bent over Milo's still form, doing a quick examination while he brought out his medpac. If Bran took a look, he would see that Milo wasn't in good shape. While his armor had protected him from the attacks of the hostiles - who had been apparently only using their bare hands and teeth -, they had managed to dislodge his helmet from his head. That's where he had suffered damage. Already Matthew was scrambling to pull out some dressing to put on a wound at Milo's neck where blood was steadily flowing from a vicious bite. Other then some bloody patches at his head where his attackers had pulled out his hair, however, the on
  7. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    Nate Carrack
    Private Hangar 43A

Carrack frowned at the Twi'lek. A passenger? That didn't sit well with him. He was used to running things his way, making it up on the fly, so to speak. To Nate it all seemed unsound, unsafe; it went against everything he'd taught himself in this business. He bit off the reply that longed to jump out, decided to play it by ear. "That's...unorthodox. I'm not used to shuttling anything other than things individuals don't want other individuals to find."

He paused for a moment. "...everyone gets stopped now and then. I'm good at hiding things, but hiding people is something else." Another pause. "But I can make it work. No interference in my procedures - that's the one rule."

Like all good smugglers Nate knew enough to carry a float of goods - the investment was small and provided excellent cover in case of prying eyes, and could be sold for a completely legitimate profit in case things were tight. Where Nate differed was in how he maintained his cover. He didn't pretend that authorities were fooled by his act, but he kept it up anyways. Selling his float every so often worked wonders for keeping attention away. They knew his meagre earnings from legitimate trade weren't enough to keep him moving around so much, but they didn't pry. There were bigger fish to catch and Nate was a master at being a small fry.

"This trip will be quick."

And even shorter if he tries anything, thought Nate.

Tag: sarge
  8. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Belkov

Bran lowered his weapon, adrenaline still pumping through his blood, and turned to look at Milo. Matthew was already bending over him, slapping a dressing over the bite - bite - in his neck. And he didn't even want to think about the possibility of Milo being infected and becoming like one of those things.

They had to get him out of here, post-haste. "Man down," he yelled through the comm, at the pilot hovering above, "repeat man down, requesting immediate evac -"

Armand's shout cut through the night air. Bran whipped his head around in time to see a small humanoid with blue hair disappear around the corner. (Blue hair, a corner of Bran's mind wondered. Why blue hair?)

It was a no-brainer, though. There was no reason for anyone to be out after curfew - it wasn't safe right now, there might be more of those things out there - or, perhaps, that being was involved somehow. All possibilities pointed towards pursuit. The lieutenant made up his mind in a split second. "Matt, stay with him. Arm, on me -" He was already moving, breaking out into a run in the direction the blue-haired being had taken off in.

Maybe this night wouldn't be a total failure.

9. SirakRomar Force Ghost

star 4
    ooc: Sorry for the wait. Holiday became a longer affair than originally planned . . .

Morden
    Lake Natth

The man was down and all she had to do was deliver the final blow. The second of the two attackers was gaining an advantage though. Her mind did not think, nor did it expect anything. It simply reacted. Her fury guiding her actions, her hunger leading every muscle on it´s way. The swing to her legs and the other mans stab to her back came from both sides again. They really did not improve their tactics, did they? Probably too long since they met someone like her. She did not jump, but catapulted herself into the air through the force. Her body turned midair, rotating while both her blades slashed out to the man beneath her as she passed him in the air. Her landing would be hard, but probably she would already have beheaded the second or the furious attacker would have lost his legs to his own friend. Anyway, once she landed she would turned and strike at her enemy. giving him a kick into the knee on the lower half. Actually this time she did not expect to get through with it. The second lightsaber would deliver the killing blow. In the air she had deactivated it and now, without a blade to block she pointed it at her enemy and pushed the ignotion button.

If the man was already dead the other two would at least have see their friend being shred to peices. If not, he would probably get stabbed. And if he survived both, she would use all her speed to cover him with attacks from both blades . . .

She was angry. She was enjoying it. And together, these feelings made terribly much sense.

Others would have called it madness, probably. For Morden, this was a hunt. And an extraordinary interesting one.

10. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    Coruscant
    Private Hangar 43A

"There will be no inconvenience," Mr. Shadow assured. "It is just a matter of...security."

The Twi'lek did not elaborate nor did he get the chance to do so. Behind him, a mechanical dolly was rolling towards Nate's ship with what had to be the cargo that the smuggler was to transport. As his employer had said, the cargo was not necessarily large or in great abundance. Upon the back of the dolly were two large canisters that it rolled by with. Though such canisters were usually designed to hold some sort of gas or even liquids, when the machine went by Nate would be able to hear something shaking within the canisters.

There was something solid in there. Or rather, a lot of solid, small things that shook within the containers. There was no kind of viewport or other opening that allowed Nate to see what was inside.

"Ah, excellent; it has arrived. As you can see, your cargo will hardly require a lengthy loading procedure. Once they've been put in your hold the only thing left will be to wait until fueling has been completed and then we can..."

Mr. Shadow trailed off suddenly, his head turning to look over his shoulder. Though there was only the hangar entrance to be found, the Twi'lek seemed to be looking at something beyond that. With a grunt of annoyance, he brought out his comlink and held it to his lips. "We may be having company in a few minutes. Prepare to move out in a moment. Try to distract them until we have departed."

He looked back to Nate, shutting off his comlink as he did so. "It appears that our departure will not be as smooth as I had hoped."

TAG: Peng

Coruscant
    Outside Hangar 43A

"We're getting in position right now," a helmeted trooper spoke to Mura upon his arrival. "We'll be able to move on your go in a few moments, Knight Mura."

Whether he had been associated so long with the CSF or not, the regulars still addressed Mura by his proper, Jedi title when business was being conducted. And business was to be conducted at this moment.

As Mura had requested, his chosen forces had been selected and assembled under the orders of his girlfriend Mira. Quick as always, the troops known as the Zabraks had already been locked and loaded and had simply been waiting for the arrival of the Jedi Knight and his Padawan partner for this mission Kalyn Frey. Though peace had been maintained on Coruscant during the Sith Wars, there had always been the homegrown criminals and illegal smuggling operations such as this one that needed to be put down long before even the vaunted Sith Lords. Thus, the CSF had always had a heavily-armed, rapid response team for these occasions.

When Mura had arrived at the location of the hangar, one of the armored troopers immediately ran up to meet him and Kalyn before guiding them towards where they were currently assembled. Six other troopers were currently bunched together, looking over a holographic diagram of what had to be the hangar that they were to assault. At the order and hand motions of what had to be the senior officer, one of the troopers peeled off from the group, lugging a long rifle as he went to get in position; the team's designated sniper.

"Quite a simple setup we have here," the senior officer spoke. Turning his head, he nodded towards both Mura and Kalyn before motioning to the holographic display of the hangar. "Limited entrances, a small, contained space meant only for private ships and their cargo. We'll be able to bust in there and round them up in an instant. I've already contacted the Space Traffic Control and they've confirmed that the ship that had been reported has yet to take off. If we're lucky we'll be able to seize the vessel, the crew, and whatever other unsavory types that happen to be around just like that." He snapped his fingers.

While the briefing was conducted, however, both Padawan and Knight were able to detect a subtle presence that their senses barely picked up; Mura's being more highly-tuned for such intrusions while Frey's sensitivity allowed her to notic
  11. SirakRomar Force Ghost

star 4
    Morden Szorn
    Ambria, Lake Natth

Slowly Morden´s head turned and she grinned wildly at the Sith. Her red blades kept activated for a moment. Humming. Leaving her intentions unknown. Then they vanished inside the hilts of both saber and her arms withdrew back to her robes. The clothing wrapped around her like a dark embrace. They almost appeared to be alive sometimes, these cloaks. It was a quality she favoured them for. Looking down she stared at her hand as it reappeared. Blood was on it. Her blood. And her smile became a nod. "Antiques. They managed to hurt me though. Antiques. But impressive ones." She said with a snarl, as she stepped towards the black giant. It was arrogant to judge over the fallen servants of him. And usually Morden would have been hiding her arrogance. But she wanted something of him and he was a Sith of the old school. He would appreciate strength and strength came by displaying it, back in the old days.

"Now, do I need to kill more or . . . can we talk?" Her lips formed another smile and her hands both vansihed under her cloak once more. They did stay with her blades. But her mind was probing the ancient being in front of her. She was more impressed by his two servants than she showed. This man had power. Certainly. And he was here to share it. What else for would he summon a dangerous prey like a Sith for? So, this was after all the mistake her Master had made, that she had waited for. Cowardice had made him send her, probably. Even though he surely would have his reasons when asked. In the end, this Ancient would hand the power to her.
    Not her Master.

Looking at the Lake she then turned her burning eyes back to the larger creature. "I assume whatever made you wait denturies and kept you alive must have been . . . important to . . ." Morden allowed a smile to return to her lips for a second. Then they showed an intense tremble, as if her words were bursting out of her. The Sith would give her something, so she would give him a little something. At least some assurance. Hissing she spoke the final word of her sentece. " . . . US."

12. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    Nate Carrack
    Private Hangar 43A

"Great."

Carrack considered drawing his gun, thought twice. No point right now.

And the crates were decidedly mysterious, too mysterious for his liking. This was not the way things were meant to work. Now the question of fuel was in his mind - would that be completed in time for their daring escape? And when did the damn operation become one which required a daring escape? This deal was getting worse by the minute. Maybe now is the time to draw the gun. Nate stepped towards the Wombat, very eager to avoid any authorities. "Time to go?"

The blaster pistol was simple but effective, and Nate checked it carefully. The simple presence of a weapon was intimidating enough without waving it around, and checking his charge was innocent enough, given the circumstances. He certainly hoped the Twi'lek had a good explanation.

"What in fething hell do you have me transporting, friend?"

13. DarkLordoftheFins Force Ghost

star 4
    ooc: Short, but I am at work. Sorry

Haru Mura
    Coruscant

With folded arms he concentrated of every detail the law enforcment gave him. Trying not to be distracted by the presence of the woman he loved he focussed. This was not as easy as it seemed. They tried to catch these men and these men probably tried to escape violently. Once they shot, the others would shoot back and while Haru was confident none of his people would need to get hurt. But none of those who could provide informations to him, would survive either.

Just as he began to form a plan how to deal with this, he felt it. Watched. They were watched. He resisted the urge to look around, instead reached out with his Jedi senses. As he felt the presence more clearly, it seemed to move on. Retreat. Vanish. "Felt that?" He whispered to the Padawan, but did not wait for any answer. Obviously someone had seen what he needed. Turning to the hangar doors, he hissed out air. "Padawan, stay with the officers nad protect them from blaster fire. Arrest everybody. Stun only. I´ll take this Shadow." He said. Then looking around. "We´ve been brunt. Let´s move, or they´ll be gone."

With that his energy blade leaped into existence. Turning towards the hangar doors, he concentrated to trigger the opening mechanism and readied himself. He would move in as fast as possible. And if they force him to, he would cut of every hand in the room. Whatever this was. these men were well-prepared.

14. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    Ambria
    Lake Natth

Despite the subtle threat that Morden had uttered, and the fact that she had slain two of his bodyguards, the Sith seemed to be completely unmoved. Indeed, when the apprentice reached out with her senses, probing the black giant, what she detected was a pure, unwavering sense of confidence and power that exuded off of him in waves. Though never having even seen him in action, Morden could detect the raw, primal energies that were stored within his massive frame. As if detecting her probes, those waves of dark side energies surged with sudden, titanic force that sought to overwhelm her very senses.

Old school. Antiques. Morden had used those words to describe her opponents and who could be her new benefactor. But power was power and this Sith wielded a lot of it.

In his own way, with this raw power that now caused her mind to start to grow faint, this man was as powerful and as dangerous as her more subtle, cunning Master. Perhaps even moreso. But as immense as his powers were, Morden could detect something else that would cause her to come up short. There was a...the best word to describe it was a wrongness that stained the Sith's presence. He had power, three times and more then either of his servants that Morden had dispatched so easily. But his powers were not natural...or at least they were not completely his own. There was a stain, a mark that told her that something was not completely right with the image that he now projected to her.

And suddenly he was right in front of her. Having been standing at the shores of Lake Natth, the waters starting to lap at his massive legs with several meters between the two of them, the Sith now towered over her with no more then five feet separating them. As much as Morden would try to remember if she had even seen him move, her mind would come up blank. All she could remember was that he had been there, and now he was here.

"Centuries," the Sith echoed, his eyes boring down upon Morden. "Millenniums. I have waited, yes." His eyes narrowed. "But not of my own volition."

The axe that he had kept planted into the sand now rose so that he could run his fingers along the edge of the blade. Not for a moment did his eyes linger from Morden. "You have answered my call of not only to absolute power but of to arms. I have said that he is coming; the Creator and the Destroyer of all that you wish to one day take for yourself in the name of beings that are all but extinct and a tradition that has so few followers. If you wish to one day inherit the galaxy, you must first take it from his control. You will free the galaxy so that you can possess it."

Blood streamed along the blade of the axe. His hand having now enfolded the axehead, Morden could see that the weapon was slicing into his palm, drawing blood as black as his skin that dripped from the axe to mix with the dark sands of the shore.

"You are powerful, child," he continued. "And perhaps you are indeed the one that I have been waiting for, the one that will be my chosen. The power that I have promised and that you have come for I now offer to you. Do you accept?"

TAG: SirakRomar

Coruscant
    Private Hangar 43A

"I'm afraid..." Mr. Shadow spoke, "...that I will not have the time to explain."

And like some kind of bizarre signal, the hangar doors opened behind him.

As he had intended, Mura was the first to leap through the now open doors, charging headlong into the fray. Behind him, the troopers and his Padawan were charging forth to back him up.

It did not take long before resistance immediately popped up to oppose them. Blaster fire whined and struck all across the hangar as criminals of all races, having been hiding behind cargo containers and whatever debris they could find, now opened fire upon the Jedi Knight and his companions. For Padawan Kalyn Frey, this was her first taste of actual combat. The angry red blaster bolts that now shot towards her and the troopers at her back were real. These were not the stun bolts of some training droi
  15. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Belkov

Bran let out a frustrated growl and lowered his weapon.

"Gone," he said. "He went down that storm drain." There was no way the fully-armoured soldiers would be able to follow him down - for that matter, he wasn't sure an unarmoured adult human would fit. It was a moot point, anyway. As fast as that kid was, he had to be long gone by now.

"Did you get a good look at him?" he asked the others. "All I saw was the blue hair."

16. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    IC: Kalyn Frey
    Private Hangar 43A, Coruscant

As the firestorm exploded around them, Kalyn couldn't help but hunch over with a cringe and issue a choked scream. She had thought herself ready to deal with live fire, but now that it was actually happening around her, the reality of it all was finally starting to sink in - she could die out here. That thought alone was enough to make her want to turn and run away like a coward.

But then she noticed the twisted faces of the enemy around her - the hate and determination to draw blood on innocent people. That kind of behavior was wrong and it made her sick to her stomach. Now she was beginning to understand the need for the Jedi and what they really stood here. They were saviors and guardians of peace and Kalyn would see to it personally that these goons did not disrupt the peace that they had sworn to withhold.

A new sense of pride washed over her being as Kalyn lifted her chin and set her jaw with determination. She glowered at the criminals around her and thumbed the amethyst blade to life. Adrenaline coursed through her veins as she leaped into the fray, dodging energy bolts that strayed too close as she remained far enough behind to provide cover for the security forces.

Up ahead, the figure of Mura could barely be seen through the smoke and ozone of battle. Despite the distance between them, Kalyn made a point to keep an eye on his ever moving form. She was prepared to provide backup if it came to that, but for the moment, she was content in her current role of batting around blaster bolts for a while.

TAG: Fins, Peng, Sarge
  17. DarkLordoftheFins Force Ghost

star 4
    Haru Mura
    Coruscant, Hangars

His blade hurled around, as if it had a life of it´s own, as he entered the hangar. The battle was already won, now it all depended on not loosing lives. Nobody had to die, but such unecessary violence probably did not bother their opponent. "Stay with our men, give them cover." Harum shouted again to the Padawan and rolled over the floor, as a shot almost hit him. Extending his hand in the cloud of dust he felt the shooter through the force and unleashed a wave of energy towards him. He did not wait for his body to crush into the boxes behind him, but turned and refelcted shots from the other side again. The hissing of blaster fire and his never resting blade filled the room.

He had no time for this. he had lost two, maybe three seconds fighting and he knew every second counted. These men were here to make him loose time. So Shadow could escape. Concentrating he reached through the smoke and thick of battle and felt the presnece of the thugs leader. The ship. Obviously they were late. Looking around, he saqw the boxes. Higher ones nearby. Lower ones near the ship. The cables above. He reflected another blaster bolt and leaped towards the attacker. There was no time to unarm him, so he moved his blade up to unarm him by simply taking his arm of. He would suffer, this nameless thug. But he would survive it. So many people before him hadnß´t suvived such a head-to-head with a Jedi, he should feel lucky. Or probably not. Haru already looked away, but took the time to hurl the man towards his colleagues with the force. This should keep them busy. Probably they start to run. But it had been another three seconds. Too long. Too long. his eyes creturned to these high boxes. It was as if he had to realize what they were good for. Guidance by the force. His father had taught him to never ignore it. The fastest way between two points is . . . the one with the fewest obstacles. He deactivated his energy blade and breathed in.

The boxes. One. Two. The cables.

"Control! Seal the doors!" Haru shouted to Mira and her men, but he did not expect that one to work in time. He used all of the force he could summon to push himself high up on the top of the boxes nearby, then jumping forward grab the cables hanging from the ceiling. The plan had been a little rushed and it did not work too well, as the cables gave in under his weight and he fell a few meters, before the took hold again.

"Ah." The sound escaped his mouth, but he felt the force still burning inside of him. He closed his eyes again, feeling hte right path. Shots hissed past him, as he pushed himself up again and turned in a speed only a Jedi could. Defying gravity. Then he felt his feet touch the ceiling and pushed himself hard towards the man he expected to be his prey. Like a cannon ball he flew into the desired direction. His lightsaber now hissed back into it´s pale blue existence once more. Ready for the impact, Haru breathed out and opened his eyes. the world seemed to return to it´s former state and speed. It became obvious when he touched down. It was a lot rougher than planned and he felt the pain in his legs. But the force allowed him to overcome it. Allowed him to keep his legs unbroken by the impact. Just as his father had told him, it had always been a powerful ally. A last guard between him and the man he seeked turned to shot him, but his blade sliced through the mans gun. He pushed the trigger anyway. Though guy, Haru thought, as the Rodian was collapsing in spasms, when his energy cell unloaded uncontrolled.

Breathing heavy Haru looked around. The battle behind him was still raging, as he leaped up the last few meters towards the plattform. Only hoping he had been fast enough. He intended to land right behind Mr. Shadow. It would hoepfully give him the advantage to take him in unharmed. A Jedi was powerful, but an experienced fighter could always force his own death upon him. If Haru failed to overpower him, it might very well be him or the
  18. SirakRomar Force Ghost

star 4
    Morden Szorn
    Lake Natth

Indeed, this man was powerful. Raw power. She would not kill him, she would not overpower him or outsmart him. And the power was not his own. Not all of it. It could be taken from him. she smiled, as she realized, through the dizziness of her overwhelemed mind, what it was she had to do. Lure him out, take his power and then she would slay him. And possess his greatest treasure. She shielded her mind, retreated her soul into the darkness, so he could not sense her intentions. But what was this . . . teint? what was this wrongness she feeled? What was the next layer of the onion? Something was still hidden . . . something . . . he was suddenly right in front of her. Her smile did not even vanish. even if he took her life, she was ready to give it up, if she prooved unworthy of her prey. But he wouldn´t. He couldn´t. He needed something. He had not come out of his hiding out of free will, but out of necessity. And he had not lasted this long out of free will either. He said so. His words echoed in her mind.

And then she heard about the Creator. The Destroyer. The one holding the galaxy in his hands. Her smile vanished. Immediately. Her mind lceared. A prey so well hidden, she was not even aware of it´s existence. She hated that thought. It made her afraid. Insecure. Why did she not know about it? Was the man lying? Insane? Speaking in unclear metaphors? She felt all of this was not the case. He knew . . . he knew more . . . and she needed to have that knowledge. She needed him. Needed to hunt . . . another. The Creator. The Destroyer. What a terrible combination, these two.

"Do you accept?" She smiled again. He offered power. What Sith would not take it? what sith would take it, without knowing the price? She knew she had to . . . had too . . . take it . . . had to know. Had to find. The Creator. Had to . . .

"I do." She said and her lips pressed against each other. "I do."

19. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    Coruscant
    Private Hangar 43A

It wasn't like her training at all as Kalyn was quickly realizing but she did her job nonetheless. With her lightsaber she batted aside angry, red blaster bolts as easily as the stun bolts that she had went up against at the Jedi Temple. What wasn't like at the Temple, however, were the angry, lethal intentions of the gathered criminals instead of the cool, blank presence of the remote droids. Stunning her was not the purpose of these criminals but rather to kill her. But at her back were the calm, calculated presences of her allies; the Republic troopers that were backing her up. With every bolt that she deflected, they moved forward through cover, taking shots at the criminals with their rifles.

That was something else that Kalyn was to become accustomed to: death. Though feeling herself being the focus of attention by violent intentions, she would suddenly find those intentions - those criminals - suddenly silenced in a sudden burst of pain before their life forces vanished. With the well-placed bolts of the troopers the criminals were dying. It was obvious that the criminals were no match for the highly-trained trooper.

Someone seemed to have the same idea if this kind of confrontation came about. Off to the side, the young Jedi could just barely see two of the cargo containers move. No, not just move. They completely transformed. Two of the containers morphed, splitting apart into segments. Those segments became legs, four of them, with two smaller ones right above what had to be a glowing red photoreceptor. On the back of the forming body were a pair of wicked-looking blaster cannons. The two droids - for that's what they had to be -, looking like metal and blaster-wielding crabs, scuttled forward, their cannons firing upon the Republic troopers. Again Kalyn felt pain and suffering when one of the troopers were hit, one of the powerful bolts from the blaster cannons tearing into his armor high at his chest. He didn't die but Kalyn could feel his suffering as he writhed on the ground.

Marching forward on their four legs, the droids continued firing their blaster cannons upon not only the troopers but Kalyn as well.

Over at the hangar platform, Mr. Shadow whirled around, as if sensing Haru's approached. Raising his hand, the Twi'lek thrust it forward. The Jedi Knight would've been able to sense the sudden build-up of Force energies that gathered around him and, more specifically, his hand before it suddenly launched forward in a wave of Force that struck Mura in mid-air, knocking him back and away from the platform.

"Get that ship started!" Mr. Shadow barked towards Nate over his shoulder before his focus turned squarely on Knight Mura. "I'll deal with him."

Walking towards Haru, the Twi'lek dipped a hand into his coveralls. By the time Mura fully recovered to face this new threat, he would see that Mr. Shadow had pulled a short, silver cylinder from within his clothing.

With a press of his thumb a red blade snap-hissed into life.

TAG: DarkLordoftheFins, Solo, Peng

Belkov
    Te Rya City

"Not at all," replied the lead member of the group. "We were just looking at an empty alley before you showed up?" He tilted his head to the storm drain. "I guess we won't be seeing him anytime soon."

Their prey lost, Bran and the rest of the troops returned to where the Lieutenant had first landed with his team. With the gunship having landed right in the middle of the street, the medic Matthew was currently loading Milo into the troop bay, giving the now awake but drowsy looking trooper a pat on the shoulder. Turning, he looked to Bran and gave him a reassuring smile. "He'll be fine. The wound's dressed, the bleeding's stopped, the drugs are kicking in, and after a night with some bacta he'll be as good as new."

That was when a trouble look came over the medic's face and he looked to his right where half a dozen bodies lay in a row on the sidewalk, the corpses covered in sheets. Obviously these were the hostiles that they had been forced to put d
  20. DarkLordoftheFins Force Ghost

star 4
    Haru Mura
    Hangar, Coruscant

His body hit the ground hard, but he had instintivly used the force to dampen his impact on hte metal blades. He rolled around and ignited his blade again, when he heard the sound of a second blade hissing into existence. His eyes turned up and he saw the Twi´lek and a red blade in his hand.

In that moment he swore that - if he survived this encounter - he would have a serious discussion about irony and the force with some great old Jedi Master. Just now, that he had overcome his dreams of glory and grandeur, of fighting Sith and become a hero . . . only now that he had given up on the rigid training of his father for him to fight in the sith wars . . . now the force send a sith his way. At least he assumed it would be one. A fallen Jedi was an alternative, but wouldn´t the order know?

He gave himself on breath to consider the situation. His people were fighting, he felt it. They could not retreat now. Which would have been his first reaction. A Sith was too dangerous as a prey. Too dangerous for them. So the Sith had to be stopped. And the one person in this room with the best chances to achieve that was him.

Only in a corner of his mind he wondered about what this meant for his mission and in the grand pciture. He focussed on the presence. On the Sith.

And with a single leap he bridged the distance between both of them and attacked. A hard slice from the top, that left the Sith with no options but dodge or block. As soon as he knew which, he would attack with a fast series of blows. He did not wanted to break the enemies defense with this. he wanted to see which way the other defended himself.

Patience and focus would keep him alive. It were two things a Sith lacked. The lightsabers were now only tools. the force only an arena. The true battle was one of wills. Because in a duel to the death . . . and Sith rarely fought any other way . . . usually had not the more skilled fighter win, but the more dedicated. And Haru was ready to become one with the force, to fail, to die. He was ready to do anything. But he was not ready to allow this Sith to spread his corruption.

21. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    Coruscant
    Private Hangar 43A

As Haru leaped forward, his own lightsaber igniting, he would be able to see his Twi'lek opponent grin, revealing sharpened fangs for teeth before he jumped backwards, avoiding Haru's blade which cleaved at the air where his opponent had been standing a moment ago. But the Jedi Knight only kept up on the offensive, his lightsaber whirling in a series of blows that would be crippling if not outright fatal if they were to come in contact with the alien known as Mr. Shadow. Unfortunately, wherever Haru's blade struck, it was immediately met with the red-bladed lightsaber with a clash.

The Force seemed to gather and spark with each meeting of blades as Haru and Shadow dueled. In this vortex of energies that seemed to be only confined to their own personal battle, Mura could sense that the Force was strong with his opponent in case the Force Push from before wasn't enough of a clue. But again there was that wrongness, that taint in the Force signature of his opponent that stood out so starkly. The darkness enveloped the Twi'lek, an obvious sign of a Sith or Fallen Jedi there was no doubt about that, but there was something more to him. Despite the quite noticeable taint, Mura could sense something ancient about Mr. Shadow as well.

Neither of these mattered for, at this very moment, all that should concern the Knight was to make sure that he lived through this duel and that the Twi'lek most certainly did not.

Mr. Shadow disengaged and leaped back, putting a few feet between them. Making a quite visible flourish of his red-bladed lightsaber, the Twi'lek held it at the ready in more of a defensive stance rather then an offensive one, a strange stance for one that embodied so much of the Dark Side.

"It has been a long time since I had the chance to meet one of my own in battle," the alien hissed at Mura. "To say that this is...invigorating does not do justice to what I really feel. Liberated, I think, is much more suitable." He waved his free hand at Mura. "A name, please, so that I know who gives me such honor."

The battle between the Republic Troopers led by Kalyn against the criminals continued in the background but that was all it was at this very moment; background noise. As Haru met the gaze of his opponent, he could see that the Twi'lek's eyes - brown, similar to his skin - briefly flickered to the ugly, yellow coloring normally associated with that of a dark sider.

TAG: DarkLordoftheFins
  22. DarkLordoftheFins Force Ghost

star 4
    ooc: A long time since I had a lightsaber duel :) Good to be home . . .

Haru Mura
    Hangar

The opponent was skillful. Probably more so than Haru himself. It did not freighten him, he only noted in his mind the other man might be a more powerful enemy. And he noted the teint on his presence, too. Something to be explored. something he now could give no more than a second of thought. His blade hurled around, blocking but more regulary attacking the man. As they finally parted Haru stepped back and took his own stance. A simple, concentrated form, using his sword before his body. ready to use it as a defensive or offensive weapon equally. The enemy took a more defensive approach. It did not deceive Haru, as the man spoke. The enemy was still in the offensive. He just changed his weapon. He talked. Dun Möch the Jedi called this technique.

"It has been a long time since I had the chance to meet one of my own in battle," The alien hissed at Mura. "To say that this is...invigorating does not do justice to what I really feel. Liberated, I think, is much more suitable." Haru gave the man a smile. "Actually there will be a lot more Jedi here soon. So you will get plenty of liberation, I assume." He said and began to circle his enemy. The Dark Side so close to the Jedi Temple. One of my own. that had been his words. The man was most likely a fallen Jedi. The masters would feel it. And even if they couldn´t locate it, soon they would. all Haru had to do was survive. And if he didn´t, the dead corpse of a Jedi sliced apart with a lightsaber would warn the council of this man, anyway. Shadow had already lost. The man objective of his existence was probably to stay hidden and he had just revealed himself. But Haru held the fact back. Instead he began probing the force for his next attack. He would not play the defensive Jedi, simply because it was expected of him. His father had told him many things, but the most important of them all had been to be unpredictable. A surprise was always harder to counter than something expected.

He waved his free hand at Mura. "A name, please, so that I know who gives me such honor." haru smiled again. "You know what? Give up and I´ll visit you weekly for a little sparring. Promise." Haru smiled. Then lay chis head to the side. "Haru." And with this he leaped forward and his blade went straight for the mans legs, before unleashing another attack. "Mura." He hissed through his offensive. The attacks did not aim to kill the other man, but rather to defeat him by making him unable to fight. as powerful as he was, Haru wanted to spare his life if anyhow possible. He was even ready to give his own, trying. If the force took him, he would welcome it. Having revealed the Dark Jedi´s presence and having faced him, might have been all the force had guided him to. And he did not fear his fate. He embraced it. There was no death. Only the force.

23. SirakRomar Force Ghost

star 4
    Morden Szorn
    Lake Natth, Ambira

She laughed out. Many would have said it was maniac laughter. But as she saw the mark on her face, she knew she had found the ultimate hunt. The ultimate prey. A God, she was about ot hunt a God. Throwing her hands up blue lightning charged into her body as she kept on laughing into the night sky of Ambria.

An hour later she waited at the rendezvous point for the nepotism. Her ship for this trip was - as always - an unassuming freighter. One of those ordinary ships that showed up everywhere in the galaxy. Loaded with some medium valuable and highly legal load it could land almost everywhere looking for a good market to sell. What had she loaded? She had forgotten, actually. Shaking her head the pictures of the vision still hurled in her head. Rakata. The old Sith had been possessed by something. Kept alive . . . or almost alive . . . to repay a debt. To fulfill their pact with destiny. To find her. To find a hunter for an unimaginable foe. One not even her Master had ever spoken of. Thinking of it, she doubted he knew of this creatures existence. Her pale, thin lips grinned once more. If she failed her it did not mean anything. Only another failed Sith. But if she succeeded, if she succeeded finding and killing that God . . . if she decided the fate of the Galaxy . . . she would have overcome her Master. She would no longer consider him her equal. Morden shivered in anticipation. Such a sweet promise of power the ancient Sith had given her. Her white hand touched her face once more. The Mark was still there. Burned into existence, like a trophy. She was now a champion in an ancient battle.

Before her inner eye the picutres the Ancient had shown her repeated again and again. Rakata, the War. The Ancient, red eyed evil.

"Belkov." she whispered. she had never heard about Belkov, but she would soon find out everything that was to know about it. Except the secrets. They never showed in databases. No. she would find out by herself. No, she would unearth them. no matter what the cost. Dust was whirled around, as the nepotism set down. Two Weequay she had hired as crew. Expecting some ruins and beasts, they had been perfectly fine. Smugglers transporting a wealthy treasure-hunter. now they were too dangerous. Such a secret had to be kept. And witnesses were not welcome. The ramp lowered and both men came out, holding their guns. They probably wanted to steal away her treasures. She stood up and walked over to them. One said something, the other guy even raised his gun. She passed them in the middle and ignored their words. Her lightblades hissed into existence and beheaded them, without her looking. As their corpses slowly rolled down the ramp, she already was on her way to the cockpit.

[image=http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/361/e/5/xs_stock_light_freighter_by_doctoranonimous-d35r91t.png]

"Belkov." she repeated. There the fate of the galaxy would be decided. She would not fail.

Failure was never an option.

24. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Belkov

Bran gave Matthew a dirty look (which of course was entirely obscured by the helmet he was wearing, but nevermind). It was always good to have a medic that wasn't squeamish about gore, but sometimes he took not-squeamishness to an entirely new level.

"Something weird is going on here," the lieutenant muttered. He shook his head. "I guess the docs will sort it out. Good work, Matt. Let's go home."

25. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    Coruscant
    Private Hangar 43A

Despite the jokes that pointed out to a possible fate of imprisonment, the Twi'lek known as Mr. Shadow just continued to grin at Haru, his sharpened teeth gleaming beneath the light of his red blade, showing no fear at all. The Knight's probing with the Force showed that, while his opponent was clearly an embodiment of the dark side, there didn't seem to be the usual, aggressive emotions that were inherent from a Sith or a Dark Jedi. There was no anger or hatred but rather exactly what Shadow had spoken; vigor, excitement, even joy.

And then Mura was on the attack, his lightsaber swinging at the alien's legs to try and cripple him. With a sudden flare of the Force, Shadow not only leaped over the deadly blade of energy but flipped over Mura's head entirely before landing several feet behind him.

"Haru Mura," the Twi'lek repeated as he turned to face the Jedi fully once again. "I am known as Mr. Shadow, but I have also been known by many other names during my long life. I cannot even remember them all but I will give you the name that I had chosen when I had fully embraced my destiny so long ago upon the slaying of my Master. My name is Viral." He flipped his lightsaber in his hand. "And you may not believe my sincerity but I certainly hope that this will not be the last time you hear it. The wheels are turning Haru Mura and you may find the galaxy to be a very empty place in the coming days."

He flipped his lightsaber again. "I hope you'll at least be alive long enough to see the end."

Another flare of the Force was the only warning Haru would have before Mr. Shadow/Viral suddenly ran forward at incredible speeds, his movements blessed by the Force which enhanced them so. It was not just his speed either as Haru would learn as Viral made this switch to offense, his red blade dancing as he assaulted the Knight with a flurry of quick attacks. If he sought to block Viral's strikes, he would find that he would be hard-pressed to do so. For with every clash of their blades he may find it difficult to even hold onto his own weapon with the sheer amount of power and strength that the Twi'lek possessed that could only be described as unnatural.

TAG: DarkLordoftheFins

OOC: I will be sure to update everyone else as soon as I awaken :p
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.