main
side
curve

Lou, KY Star Wars Destiny anyone?

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by Jacques who, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Jacques who

Jacques who Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 18, 2017
    This is a stretch, but I'm looking for anyone in the greater Louisville area who might want to get together and play SW Destiny every so often. I'm newish to the area and don't have anyone to play with outside my family who I occasionally strong arm into matches.

A little background: I'm brand new to the game and dice/card games in general. I've only played for a couple weeks, so I'm not ready at all to just show up to a tournament. But, on the other hand, I have no one to casually play matches with to learn more about the game, which sucks, because I really enjoy it and would love to play more.

I know getting together to play a game with a complete noob probably isn't the most enticing offer, but on the flip side, you will very likely obliterate me and win most matches!!

If you're curious about the game, but haven't played it, I have enough cards that I could easily make another deck or two for anyone that wants to try it out.

If you're not interested in meeting up for a few rounds, but have advice, I will gladly take it!

Also, I'm sorry if this isn't an appropriate place to post a request like this. I looked through the past threads and didn't see anything Destiny-related so I thought it was safe. If it's not, let me know and I'll delete it.

2. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    It is absolutely okay to post this here, thank you very much for the invite.
    I don't game much anymore just because of time crunches and I've never tried Star Wars Destiny but I'd be willing. We had a little XWing group game going but it's very difficult to herd us all to get a game together.
    Do you have a place or end of town you usually play at?

3. Relin

Relin Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2010
    I might be interested as well

4. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
  5. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Long Answer:

Still Love it!

Welcome Jacque! Anything is kosher (that is uplifting of course-- we are cool dudes and dudettes that way) to post and comment on, here in our local spot on the web of Star Wars dorkery, and that of course includes FFG's games.

I hope you stick around. We are cool peeps. We do game. We have a book club. We eat. And we see the films together.

Me? I'm Jammies, resident model builder, jokester, and book nerd. Your avatar pic rawks, by the way. The gang here is top notch people, they fed me popcorn once 10 years ago and I've stuck around ever since.

I am still in love with X-wing, really want to try Armada (made my own fleet game way back in the day), and will most likely pick up Destiny very soon. Ms. Jammies is not into the 'pew pew' but she does like cards and dice: so that would be two more folks to play with. I've done the local Xwing tournaments here-- both at Pet Shop Games, and the Louisville Game Shop. This town has a "fly casual" scene, which is nice. Again, that was Xwing-- but there is a lot of cross over here with the two games. The FFG forums may be a good resource too.

MTFBWY-A
    Jammies