main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars: Detours (SW Comedy show title announced by Lucas)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by MakingStarWars, Jun 15, 2011.

1. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008
    Star Wars: Detours is the title of the new comedy show. He does not specifically attribute it the comedy show that Seth Green is consulting on, but I'm fairly certain it must be that and the title is on the comedic side so I would say it is a safe gamble to assume this show is the comedy series.

Around three minutes into this video, Lucas announces it:
    http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2011/06/14/cotd.george.lucas.cnn?iref=videosearch

I attempted to add this to the old thread but it is locked now.

EDIT: Title thread for clarity.

2. ShakTeeth

ShakTeeth Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2011
    I think this comedy show will either be a pleasant suprise or a terrible failure. Hopefully it's the former.

3. Redfivee

Redfivee Jedi Master star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    I hope this is kept on the low down till they show us footage,which will probably be at C6 next year.I do like the name too,it could be fun.

4. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    TFN article also mentions SW:Detours was trademarked by Lucasfilm and they thought it would be the next SW video game.

5. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    So we know for sure this will be the title of a comedy series?

6. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    Maybe a show about C-3PO and R2-D2's adventures with Star Tours.[face_thinking]

I'd watch it.

7. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    o_O I'm intrigued.

8. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm expecting something like Titan Maximum retooled for SW, should be worth watching.

9. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    No.

10. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Thanks, these CNN links are giving me trouble...

11. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    From the article on Commingsoon.net they made it sounds like it was going to be a spin off of the Clone Wars TV series. Perhaps focusing less on front and center characters like Anakin and Obi-wan and more secondary characters like Plo kloon or Grevious or Captain Tarkin. I don't know. George just threw it out there without saying what it is.

12. SavageOpress

SavageOpress Jedi Youngling

Aug 14, 2010
    There is nothing to suggest that Star Wars Detours is a comedy series or one that involves Seth Green or that is even a series peroid.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/289065/star-wars-detours-new-franchise-emerges/

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1106/14/ctw.01.html

There is a difference between reading and reading into.

13. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Just the name itself kind of suggests to me that this is gonna be the comedy show.

14. SavageOpress

Aug 14, 2010
    or something that is connected to Star Tours

15. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Well this would be completely amazing and so of course it can't possibly be this.

16. SavageOpress

Aug 14, 2010
    Detours doesn't exactly have a comedy ring to it but we got used to the title Attack of the Clones or at least some of us did.

17. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    I'll watch it simply because it's Star Wars related but I can't excited beyond that when we know nothing about it yet.

18. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    What's wrong with 'Attack of the Clones'? It's in the same line as 'The Empire Strikes Back', to me.

19. SavageOpress

Aug 14, 2010
    There was a internet uproar over the AOTC title when it was first announced.

20. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008
    How many TV shows can possibly be in production? It's the comedy show. It's not the live action show and it's not a new show. Why would they start making a new show, announce that title, and then not tell us anything about the comedy show that will surely come out before anything else? It is very basic reductive thinking. "Detours" has an "off the path" sound to it which fits in perfectly with premise of the comedy show which is Star Wars from a more mundane approach, and therefore supposedly funny.

21. Loupgarou

Loupgarou Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 19, 2010
    The live-action show won't be made for years, they wouldn't just throw out there the name of an entirely new show. So i assume, with some evidence, that it is the seth green comedy show.

Which i'm not sure about. Sure, i like 2/3rds of the robot chicken star wars specials (they're much better than the family guy ones certainly) But they were specials, not an entire show. I fear it might degrade into nothing but constant references. Of one subject. Not the best recipe for comedy. But hey, maybe i'll be blown away, so who knows.

22. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Yep, my thoughts exactly.

Does anyone know if there's been any word on whether it?s going to be 3D animation like the CW series, or old fashioned 2D?

23. Redfivee

Redfivee Jedi Master star 2

Sep 28, 2008

Seth Green did say at TCW Season 3 premiere last year that it would be 3D Animation like TCW and it's about characters that have nothing to do with the war,but just hear about it,so that makes me believe that Detours is that show.

24. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I know, but I never understood that.

25. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I could have done without three of the six films being "___ of the ___", but at least Attack of the Clones sounds like an old school science-fiction film which by now probably everyone here knows I'm a sucker for. If only the film had turned out that way...

P.S. This discussion really belongs in the Star Wars general thread.